Idaho Micro Coin Update (OH BOY)

Cachanova

Is it ok to post the activation code for all to see? I hope so. If not, someone let me know & I'll delete it.

The activation for all of the coins is: igomicro07.

Little issue here. That code, activated ONE of the THREE coins I have. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't purchased these, can someone PLEASE get this right? Both of the coins I have, I tried, twice on Geocaching.com, and they both say that that code does not activate that coin.

Suggestions? E-mail me direct if you must. oeagleo@earthlink.net

Is it ok to post the activation code for all to see? I hope so. If not, someone let me know & I'll delete it.

Little issue here. That code, activated ONE of the THREE coins I have. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't purchased these, can someone PLEASE get this right? Both of the coins I have, I tried, twice on Geocaching.com, and they both say that that code does not activate that coin.

Never mind, on one, I cut & pasted the space in front, the other I cut & pasted the period at the end. Sorry. I just went the rounds with PayPal over a refused refund for a $14.75 shipping lable.. Not in a real great mood.. <grin> (finally)

Never mind, on one, I cut & pasted the space in front, the other I cut & pasted the period at the end. Sorry. I just went the rounds with PayPal over a refused refund for a $14.75 shipping lable.. Not in a real great mood.. <grin> (finally)

lol, it happens to the best of us. ;)

Thanks for posting that. It worked. I looked all over for the activation code and found the reference here to

Idaho Micro Geocoin update....

Thanks again, happy happy, joy joy !

DMflyer

Gate City, VA ;)

I was beginning to wish some people had not purchased them either. LOL. Another note for anyone who takes the time to do this. You will have people that hate you. You will have people that love you. It will never be done perfect and it will always be expected to be perfect. LOL .

I apologize for not sending the code to everyone with there coins. I'll chaulk it up to lack of experience. I'm glad everyone is getting there coins. Sorry it took longer than expected I've been under the weather and had some other things come up that has really taxed my life. Please feel free to post here or email me with any problems. I'm going to become a lot more active on this forum. I apreciate all those who were patient and shared kind words with me through this experience.

Thanks for putting the code up. I don't think any harm will come from it.

Thanks and please let me know if you don't get your coins soon. I'm having some problems with a few of the international orders but will have them resolved very soon.

Cachanova

I an just want to see if you sent my coins out i have not got them.

Ken Evans thank you

Yep your coins have been sent. You should see them any day. Please let me know if you don't get them soon. You could also email me your address so I can verify I sent it to the correct one. I used whatever paypal had on file. cachanova@ruralnetwork.net

Thanks

Cachanova

I also need to know where to get the activation codes. I wrote to allaboutcoins and they sent a somewhat rude reply that they only make the coins and that I needed to go to geocaching.com to get the codes. Shows how much they know and how concerned they are about their customers! Even though I didn't necessarily buy the coin from them, they should be more helpful than that. I might be a potential customer as far as having a coin made and I didn't like the response a lot. So where do we go to get the activation codes, that info should have been with the coin. I like the coin but 'Idaho Geocachers' looks like it has been stamped on and one of my coins, it was not stamped hard enough and it is a little hard to read. Also the tracking code numbers are very small, not colored and are very hard to read. Just my $.02 worth!

I also need to know where to get the activation codes. I wrote to allaboutcoins and they sent a somewhat rude reply that they only make the coins and that I needed to go to geocaching.com to get the codes. Shows how much they know and how concerned they are about their customers! Even though I didn't necessarily buy the coin from them, they should be more helpful than that. I might be a potential customer as far as having a coin made and I didn't like the response a lot. So where do we go to get the activation codes, that info should have been with the coin. I like the coin but 'Idaho Geocachers' looks like it has been stamped on and one of my coins, it was not stamped hard enough and it is a little hard to read. Also the tracking code numbers are very small, not colored and are very hard to read. Just my $.02 worth!

Thanks for not reading the post. I'll add your 2cents to the rest. God I could almost pay tuition at the local community college. As far as allaboutcoins goes no you don't have the potential to be a customer. They are getting out of the geocoin business. Ya the code should have been sent with the coin. Thats my fault. ALL COIN CODES ARE THE SAME "igomicro07". I'm also sorry you are not happy with your coins. If you want you can send them back to me and I'll give you a full refund. I've got about 50 other people that want one after they have seen them. I've also got one on ebay right now selling for 8.50 and has 2 days left. I thought the quality was good for the detail and it being a MICRO. Don't take anything I'm saying personal. Your complaint was very mild in comparison to some of the emails I got.

Ya i'm kind of in a bad mood. I hope this hasn't caused to many people heartache. I tried.

Cachanova

Thanks for not reading the post. I'll add your 2cents to the rest. God I could almost pay tuition at the local community college. As far as allaboutcoins goes no you don't have the potential to be a customer. They are getting out of the geocoin business. Ya the code should have been sent with the coin. Thats my fault. ALL COIN CODES ARE THE SAME "igomicro07". I'm also sorry you are not happy with your coins. If you want you can send them back to me and I'll give you a full refund. I've got about 50 other people that want one after they have seen them. I've also got one on ebay right now selling for 8.50 and has 2 days left. I thought the quality was good for the detail and it being a MICRO. Don't take anything I'm saying personal. Your complaint was very mild in comparison to some of the emails I got.

Ya i'm kind of in a bad mood. I hope this hasn't caused to many people heartache. I tried.

Cachanova

I have no idea what you mean about not reading the post, what does that mean? What does your ability to pay tuition to college have to do with this situation? There is absolutely no reason for you to jump at me, I actually like the coins but one of them is not the quality that I have come to expect. I'll keep mine but for you to cop an attitude because we are asking for the code for this coin is unacceptable! We purchased this coin and we have every right to have the activation code. I have it now and I can continue on. With all the attitude that I have encountered over this coin, I'll definitely think twice about purchasing a coin from you or from allaboutcoins. I'm sorry that you feel you have been attacked but from the tone of the above response, perhaps you can blame yourself for at least part of that.

Cachanova

I have no idea what you mean about not reading the post, what does that mean? What does your ability to pay tuition to college have to do with this situation? There is absolutely no reason for you to jump at me, I actually like the coins but one of them is not the quality that I have come to expect. I'll keep mine but for you to cop an attitude because we are asking for the code for this coin is unacceptable! We purchased this coin and we have every right to have the activation code. I have it now and I can continue on. With all the attitude that I have encountered over this coin, I'll definitely think twice about purchasing a coin from you or from allaboutcoins. I'm sorry that you feel you have been attacked but from the tone of the above response, perhaps you can blame yourself for at least part of that.

And now we know Why I labeled this thread OH BOY. Where to begin. OK.

If you had read the post you would have found the code just a little bit above your post. Yes you have a right to your code and I should have included it. I'm sorry.

The comment about tuition has to do with your 2 cents. If I took yours and all the other 2 cents I got on this project i'd have enough for tuition (thought that was clearly a Joke).

I"m sorry if you think I jumped at you. I wasn't trying to.

Yep I copped an attitude cause people post in a post they didn't read and expect an answer that is already posted in the post.

You are not going to get a chance to think twice about purchasing a coin from allaboutcoins. They aren't going to do geocoins anymore.

I didn't really feel like I had been attacked untill maybe now. Did you even read my response or did you pick out key words and get pissed?

In conclusion. I'm very glad you are happy with the coin and sorry that allaboutcoins did mess up on one of your coins. I will still gladly take the bad coin back and even replace it if you like. I have no ill will towards you and even mentioned your comments were mild in comparison to others who were afraid to post it on the forums.

Please PM me if you have any further problems so we can keep the drama on the board to a minimum. I will ask the same for anyone else who has personal feelings.

Thanks

Cachanova

Hi,

We are wondering if everyone that ordered their coins and sent a paypal payment for the coins have received them?

It seems like folks have been recieving them for about a month now and although we understand that it takes "forever" to get things through Canada Customs, usually two weeks - maximime three weeks is enough time.

We have tried emailing Cachanova as well as the paypal address that we sent our payment to but we don't seem to be getting any response.

Just wondering if we are alone?

Thanks so much.

Kootenay Pirates

Hi,

We are wondering if everyone that ordered their coins and sent a paypal payment for the coins have received them?

It seems like folks have been recieving them for about a month now and although we understand that it takes "forever" to get things through Canada Customs, usually two weeks - maximime three weeks is enough time.

We have tried emailing Cachanova as well as the paypal address that we sent our payment to but we don't seem to be getting any response.

Just wondering if we are alone?

Thanks so much.

Kootenay Pirates

I have NOT received my coin yet! :ph34r:

Edited by The Justice League of NM

Steady now, we are just next door to Wyoming.... nothing else...

I think Cachanova took this Idaho micro job on without truly understanding how wild and complicated the coin world can be. He also doesn't come to the GC.com forums much. I also sent him an e-mail and hopefully there will be a follow-up from him soon.

I don't know what his current circumstances are, but he has been a good trooper so far here in Idaho.

I will post again as soon as I hear anything!!!

Edited by Toojin & Bart
Steady now, we are just next door to Wyoming.... nothing else...

I think Cachanova took this Idaho micro job on without truly understanding how wild and complicated the coin world can be. He also doesn't come to the GC.com forums much. I also sent him an e-mail and hopefully there will be a follow-up from him soon.

I don't know what his current circumstances are, but he has been a good trooper so far here in Idaho.

I will post again as soon as I hear anything!!!

Sorry for my method of attracting attention to this. It was not meant to be as harsh as it sounded. I have since been contacted by Cachanova and was told there was a glitch in merging addresses. I guess I'm disappointed that I was not contacted earlier when my package could not be delivered.

If all goes as planned, I should be seeing my coins this week :anibad:

:blink::blink::anibad::anibad::wacko:

I'm very sorry for anyone who has not got there coins yet. I think there are a few of you but not to many. If you still have not got your coins please email me at justin@ruralnetwork.net to let me know. I spent today going back through my records and it looks like about 8 people still don't have there coins. I did refund one persons already because for some reason the post office just could not get them there??? At any rate I hope everyone has there coins by the end of this week. I've really done the best I can with all the personal circumstances that have occured recently. I've learned alot through this experience and it being my first time I don't think I did a horrible job. Next year I will do better because I'm not going to do all the work. I think thats the key is getting more people involved to help and drive the project.

So if anyone who has not got there coins would shoot me a quick email I will make sure you get them or if you prefer can give you a full refund. I hope I haven't tainted my name to badly.

Sorry again.

Cachanova

justin@ruralnetwork.net

I paid for these micros back on the 16th of Dec 2006! when will I ever get these?

I hope this is NOT going to be a repeat of the infamous Wyoming Coin fiasco!!!

Oh and could someone tell me what the Wyoming Coin Fiasco was? I always like a good story.

Thanks

Cachanova

I paid for these micros back on the 16th of Dec 2006! when will I ever get these?

I hope this is NOT going to be a repeat of the infamous Wyoming Coin fiasco!!!

Oh and could someone tell me what the Wyoming Coin Fiasco was? I always like a good story.

Thanks

Cachanova

You dont EVEN want to know :anibad: ...it was bad, very bad.

Cachanova

If you had read the post you would have found the code just a little bit above your post. Yes you have a right to your code and I should have included it. I'm sorry.

The comment about tuition has to do with your 2 cents. If I took yours and all the other 2 cents I got on this project i'd have enough for tuition (thought that was clearly a Joke).

Yep I copped an attitude cause people post in a post they didn't read and expect an answer that is already posted in the post.

You are not going to get a chance to think twice about purchasing a coin from allaboutcoins. They aren't going to do geocoins anymore.

I didn't really feel like I had been attacked untill maybe now. Did you even read my response or did you pick out key words and get pissed?

In conclusion. I'm very glad you are happy with the coin and sorry that allaboutcoins did mess up on one of your coins. I will still gladly take the bad coin back and even replace it if you like. I have no ill will towards you and even mentioned your comments were mild in comparison to others who were afraid to post it on the forums.

Please PM me if you have any further problems so we can keep the drama on the board to a minimum. I will ask the same for anyone else who has personal feelings.

Thanks

Cachanova

Ya, you want to keep the drama to a minimum and I can PM you if I have further comments, this after you have explained yourself fully. No, I'll answer you here so you can have the opportunity to have the last word again, like you thought you did this time. You should not wonder why a person gets 'pissed' as you so eloquently put it. I asked a simple question about where to obtain the activation code and dodge that as you will, it should have been included with the coin, bottom line. I had no personal vendetta against you at all until you started the verbal barrage with me. I asked for a code and gave my opinion about the quality of the coin. I am a consumer and I have the right to an opinion. Had you given the coins away then you might expect for people to keep quiet if there is a problem. You even admit you 'copped an attitude' yet you seem so puzzled that I am not pleased with your response. If you have received enough negative response to pay your tuition from everybody's $.02 worth then maybe there is a problem here. Had I been the only one complaining, then you can just blame it on me being a grumpy old man which probably doesn't apply now. 'Nuff said on this subject!

OK so just read the whole Wyoming coin thing and I feel angry to be compared to that (not so much). I say this cause what happened with that coin was just BS... I don't have anything in common with it. I have a few people who have not got there coins yet due to different reasons and circumstances. Further more I LOST A CRAP load of money on this coin and trust me it was a lot (my own fault but atleast the geocaching community has a way cool coin). I even went as far as to pay for shipping for about 300 coins just to get them out quicker. Come on give me a little credit. So i'm not trying to make excuses or even saying that its not a big deal that a few of you have not got your coins yet. What I am saying is i'm trying to do everything I can without completely going insane. I'm not angry. I am glad I got to read the Wyoming thing cause that is nuts. I hope the last of you all get your coins very soon.

One thing that would have helped would have been for people (about 14 or so) to be a little more carefull with how they order. I had some slip through the cracks cause they are in the US and ordered international and vise versa. OH well.

So in short I love you all and the last of the coins should reach there owners very soon. Please feel free to contact me however you see fit. I am on idahogeocachers.org all the time and look here a couple times a week. My email is justin@ruralnetwork.net or cachanova@ruralnetwork.net or wall@ruralnetwork.net or jwall@ruralnetwork.net or justinwall@ruralnetwork.net or justwall@weiserhospital.org or justin@weiserhospital.org My number is 208-566-5666 (Yes its real) 208-549-0370 (ask for justin) 208-549-4444.

So that should take care of the communication problem. LOL

Cachanova

Thanks

Cachanova

Ya, you want to keep the drama to a minimum and I can PM you if I have further comments, this after you have explained yourself fully. No, I'll answer you here so you can have the opportunity to have the last word again, like you thought you did this time. You should not wonder why a person gets 'pissed' as you so eloquently put it. I asked a simple question about where to obtain the activation code and dodge that as you will, it should have been included with the coin, bottom line. I had no personal vendetta against you at all until you started the verbal barrage with me. I asked for a code and gave my opinion about the quality of the coin. I am a consumer and I have the right to an opinion. Had you given the coins away then you might expect for people to keep quiet if there is a problem. You even admit you 'copped an attitude' yet you seem so puzzled that I am not pleased with your response. If you have received enough negative response to pay your tuition from everybody's $.02 worth then maybe there is a problem here. Had I been the only one complaining, then you can just blame it on me being a grumpy old man which probably doesn't apply now. 'Nuff said on this subject!

Not to be a butt, but did it take you a whole month to come up with a come back? Sorry just a little confused. I don't care how you respond to me. You can post a new post even if you want saying cachanova is a complet retard and you should not by coins from him. I could really care less.

I'd post more but i'm dumbfounded as to why you post this a month after and in the middle of a completely different conversation.

Thanks

Cachanova: You are nothing like the guy who did the Wyoming coin. You kept the public aware of the coins, you had minimal problems. I don't think it was fair to compare you to that person. You did an excellent job, don't let people cut you down over one or two coins.

Thanks I apreciate that. I can understand how you guys who have not got your coins yet must fee. I'm sure if we had not had a sittuation like the Wyoming one then people would be more at ease. I hate waiting for coins especially when I see people around me getting them. It sucks. I'm a good guy and know I've been a little short with some of your and I'm sorry. Last few months have been hard/crazy. I started a new job had a baby and just a ton of other stuff. I'm also sorry that i didn't include the activation code with the coins. That was a mistake on my part and I'm sorry.

I hope we can all sit back and laugh about this some day.

Cachanova

Hi,

We've been on a wee geocaching adventure. Just checking our email and found a response from Cachanova, seems that there was a "glinch" in the system. Glitches happen. We understand. We are just happy to know that our coin is now on it's way.

We also understand that there is a lot to taking on the job of selling/distributing coins for an area. We found out first hand last year when we sold the coins for the local Kootenay Cachers group. :blink:

We are happy that someone took on the job of having an Idaho coin minted. We really enjoy caching in Idaho and look forward to having the coin to remind us of our adventures. We do hope there will be another coin next year.

Thanks again,

Kootenay Pirates

No, it didn't take me a month to come up with a response, I just hadn't seen your latest tirade until yesterday! We are talking two different issues but it seems you have the same attitude for either. I merely asked where to get an activation code and you jumped down my throat about how I should have seen it in a previous response. Then you didn't like my comment that my coin had an imperfection so you proceed to talk down to me about that. You have no right to do that and if you do, expect a comeback from me every time. I had no issued with getting my coin, it came in a reasonable amount of time. I absolutely think if you would just grin and bear it and hold your temper, most of your ills would not have materialized. You cannot expect to vent your anger on these forums and not expect some grief back. This is my last comment on the subject. I like your coin and bought two, one just had a slight imperfection and I kept it and am fine with it.

No, it didn't take me a month to come up with a response, I just hadn't seen your latest tirade until yesterday! We are talking two different issues but it seems you have the same attitude for either. I merely asked where to get an activation code and you jumped down my throat about how I should have seen it in a previous response. Then you didn't like my comment that my coin had an imperfection so you proceed to talk down to me about that. You have no right to do that and if you do, expect a comeback from me every time. I had no issued with getting my coin, it came in a reasonable amount of time. I absolutely think if you would just grin and bear it and hold your temper, most of your ills would not have materialized. You cannot expect to vent your anger on these forums and not expect some grief back. This is my last comment on the subject. I like your coin and bought two, one just had a slight imperfection and I kept it and am fine with it.

:D:D:D:D Hows that for a grin?

WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING!

Have I made my point?

Cachanova....just continue to ignore me.........

WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING! WYOMING!

Cachanova....just continue to ignore me.........

I am going to a meet and greet event tomarrow I will see if I can trade for some idaho micros (all I have is one activated one left) if I can get ahold of one I will mail it to you Jaybee I am not sure what the deal is but I will do what I can to get you at least one coin.

Thanks TJ,

I paid for 10 coins back in December....have not recieved them yet.

Have I made my point?

Was I suppose to send your coins to Wyoming?

Have I made my point?

Was I suppose to send your coins to Wyoming?

I sent you an address....have you sent them yet? YES or NO?

I am going to a meet and greet event tomarrow I will see if I can trade for some idaho micros (all I have is one activated one left) if I can get ahold of one I will mail it to you Jaybee I am not sure what the deal is but I will do what I can to get you at least one coin.

It has been about a week since I last posted here. I did get about half of the coins sent out but then I ended up in the hospital (Ya s*** happens). Sorry but its been a rough couple of weeks and thats why I have not been on the board and posted sooner to the posts. I'm much better and the rest of the coins will go out tomorrow. JayBee yours is in that bunch that is going out as well. Please feel free to call me if you would like. The number is 208-566-5666. You should see them any day.

Thanks

Justin

It has been about a week since I last posted here. I did get about half of the coins sent out but then I ended up in the hospital (Ya s*** happens). Sorry but its been a rough couple of weeks and thats why I have not been on the board and posted sooner to the posts. I'm much better and the rest of the coins will go out tomorrow. JayBee yours is in that bunch that is going out as well. Please feel free to call me if you would like. The number is 208-566-5666. You should see them any day.

Thanks

Justin

Allthough, I DO understand that "stuff" does happen. I was told a week ago that my coins would be sent out just as soon as you had an address (even though it was suplied at the time of my order)...I gave you that again, and fully expected delivery of the goods this past week. No coins...no email...nothing. I was the one who had to start screaming aloud....why?

Now, we are getting told another story (not saying it is not true)...we all saw the same kind of thing from WYlostinMA...on a weekly basis. If you think something stinks...sorry...you stepped in it, not me.

If you are going to sell GeoCoins here on this Forum....you had better be ready to keep folks informed on a daily basis if necessary. That's just how it is here. In MHO, you have failed miserabely.

Thanks

Justin

Allthough, I DO understand that "stuff" does happen. I was told a week ago that my coins would be sent out just as soon as you had an address (even though it was suplied at the time of my order)...I gave you that again, and fully expected delivery of the goods this past week. No coins...no email...nothing. I was the one who had to start screaming aloud....why?

Now, we are getting told another story (not saying it is not true)...we all saw the same kind of thing from WYlostinMA...on a weekly basis. If you think something stinks...sorry...you stepped in it, not me.

If you are going to sell GeoCoins here on this Forum....you had better be ready to keep folks informed on a daily basis if necessary. That's just how it is here. In MHO, you have failed miserabely.

So would you prefer I gave you a refund? I'm just trying to make everyone happy. I'm sorry you feel like I failed. I feel like I did a pretty good job. I'm planning on putting your coins in the mail tomorrow unless you tell me you want a refund. I think the key to the wyoming this is you all saw and not 5 of you. Big differnece but I'm not going to argue anymore on this forum.