Idaho Micro Coin Update (OH BOY)

Cachanova

So Cachanova, ready to work on the 2007 Idaho?

Ha!

Dude this is just dumb. I'ts like 5 people out of the hundreds think I've singled them out and my mission in life is to SCREW them over. For the love of god people EMAIL ME.

This post just slays me...

You (seller of coins) advertize coins for sale...

I (Joe GeoCoin buyer) send you money for coins...

You (seller of coins) send the coins to a wrong address? (glitch in mail merging)...

You (seller of coins) receive a non-deliverable package and do not even attempt to contact the buyer?...

You (seller of coins) now expect the buyer to contact you via email, wondering where their package is?...(after nearly 3 months of waiting)...?

You (seller of coins) do not not even bother contacting those who have not recieved their coins?....

You (seller of coins)...now wonder why you are being compared to a foul experience known as the "Wyoming Coin Fiasco"?...

Excuses, excuses, excuses...."glitch in mail merging"..."new job"..."new baby"...."illness"....what is next?

DUDE, YOU TOOK OUR MONEY!!!! We deserve the courtesy of being informed!

Communication is a powerful tool...I will say it again, you have failed miserabely.

So Cachanova, ready to work on the 2007 Idaho?

Ha!

Dude this is just dumb. I'ts like 5 people out of the hundreds think I've singled them out and my mission in life is to SCREW them over. For the love of god people EMAIL ME.

This post just slays me...

You (seller of coins) advertize coins for sale...

I (Joe GeoCoin buyer) send you money for coins...

You (seller of coins) send the coins to a wrong address? (glitch in mail merging)...

You (seller of coins) receive a non-deliverable package and do not even attempt to contact the buyer?...

You (seller of coins) now expect the buyer to contact you via email, wondering where their package is?...(after nearly 3 months of waiting)...?

You (seller of coins) do not not even bother contacting those who have not recieved their coins?....

You (seller of coins)...now wonder why you are being compared to a foul experience known as the "Wyoming Coin Fiasco"?...

Excuses, excuses, excuses...."glitch in mail merging"..."new job"..."new baby"...."illness"....what is next?

DUDE, YOU TOOK OUR MONEY!!!! We deserve the courtesy of being informed!

Communication is a powerful tool...I will say it again, you have failed miserabely.

You win O.K. Ya I failed miserabely...................

Edited by Cachanova

I feel better...I only ordered 1 coin. Not that bad of a loss...I have had worse.

Sorry Justice League you didn't pay with paypal and I lost you (even after you emailed me). My fault. I sent it out today with the last of the coins.

Again Sorry I failed. Enjoy the coins and geocaching.

Justin

No response from the seller...

Anyone else STILL waiting for coins?

Yep, we're still waiting, although to be fair Justin did contact us asking for confirmation of our address.

That was on March 5th, so they should be due here any time now (International order).

Russ

Yep yours are in the mail also. You should see them any day. Please let me know if they don't show up soon.

Got my coins without heartburn. Enjoyed them as they are quite nice. Already traded one. Hope to put one out in a cache sometime soon.

How many cachers are putting out coins? We went to an event Saturday morning and saw lots of coins in binders. We cached the rest of the weekend. We found 15 caches. We dropped off two TBs and two travelling coins during the fun. We did not see any coins in any of the 15 caches. We try to put out at least one coin every time we go out, but don't always find a cache where a coin seems to fit.

These Idaho coins are a nice size and will fit in many of the smaller caches people seem to leave in our area.

Thanks, Cachanova, for your efforts.

Got my coins without heartburn. Enjoyed them as they are quite nice. Already traded one. Hope to put one out in a cache sometime soon.

How many cachers are putting out coins? We went to an event Saturday morning and saw lots of coins in binders. We cached the rest of the weekend. We found 15 caches. We dropped off two TBs and two travelling coins during the fun. We did not see any coins in any of the 15 caches. We try to put out at least one coin every time we go out, but don't always find a cache where a coin seems to fit.

These Idaho coins are a nice size and will fit in many of the smaller caches people seem to leave in our area.

Thanks, Cachanova, for your efforts.

Glad you like the coins. I think most of the Idaho cachers are proud to have been a part of them. With the exception of the last few coins most everything went pretty well.

Thanks for your comments.

Cachanova

Just wanted to add that Justin actually had good communication with me and my coin was shipped to me quite some time ago. I'm not condoning his non communication with others on their orders but there are some orders that did go out in a timely manner. The coin is much nicer than I was expecting for the price of the coin.

Glad you guys are happy with your Idaho coins....if I ever get mine, I'll be very happy to share the good news.

I just hope that as many times as you put Wyoming in the post Karma doesn't catch up and actually send them there. :):blink:

They should be there today or tomorrow I would think. Please let me know when you get them.

Thanks

Cachanova

Glad you guys are happy with your Idaho coins....if I ever get mine, I'll be very happy to share the good news.

I just hope that as many times as you put Wyoming in the post Karma doesn't catch up and actually send them there. :blink::(

They should be there today or tomorrow I would think. Please let me know when you get them.

Thanks

Cachanova

Actually, I offered a few times to help you ship these out but you declined. So I couldn't have shipped them to Wymoning. hehe.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

I've been secretly holding out hope you would come to Idaho to get them LOL ... then we could go out caching and I could finally meet you!!! I'm confident you will be getting them soon JayBee!!

I just hope that as many times as you put Wyoming in the post Karma doesn't catch up and actually send them there. :unsure::P

Thanks

Cachanova

Actually, I offered a few times to help you ship these out but you declined. So I couldn't have shipped them to Wymoning. hehe.

Sorry, I couldn't resist <_<

LOL

I've been secretly holding out hope you would come to Idaho to get them LOL ... then we could go out caching and I could finally meet you!!! I'm confident you will be getting them soon JayBee!!

I would think they would be there today. If not today then tomorrow. Either way it should have the 12th as the post mark.

I'll be having a drink tonight in ohnor of getting these coins out.

I would think they would be there today. If not today then tomorrow. Either way it should have the 12th as the post mark.

Well bust out the champagne, Cachanova….

Idaho Micros are in the house! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

And Lori...

Maybe I'll get to swing by on my way to Stugis this summer. No, I won't be riding my Harley Hog, sorry. But I might just be dragging Cowboy Bebop along.

And Lori...

Maybe I'll get to swing by on my way to Stugis this summer. No, I won't be riding my Harley Hog, sorry. But I might just be dragging Cowboy Bebop along.

Hey Jaybee, would you care to share with us how you feel about the wait :unsure: ?? Alright I am just kidding <_< ! Not sure who should be doing the celebrating you or Cachanova :P ?

Edited by Damenace

We are both celebrating. I am really truly sorry for how long it took to get the coins to you. I would also like to say that If anyone has not got there coins yet (with the exception of a few international orders) you should contact me ASAP because everything has been shipped. International orders should give it another week.

Soooooooo...... Do you like the coin? LOL

Cachanova

[

And Lori...

And here I was thinking they would show up at my house in Wyoming! <_<

We are both celebrating. I am really truly sorry for how long it took to get the coins to you. I would also like to say that If anyone has not got there coins yet (with the exception of a few international orders) you should contact me ASAP because everything has been shipped. International orders should give it another week.

Soooooooo...... Do you like the coin? LOL

Cachanova

Well....(insert drum roll here)...after careful examination, I have to say that I really like the design. Simple, but elegant...not too busy. The lazer etching is a bit light however, making it a little tough for my old eyes to read the tracking number. Had to get the right light reflection and an 8x loupe to make sure I was reading them correctly. You might consider going slightly larger and having a paint fill on your next project...it will make them much more readable.

Overall, I'd say you did a great job for the price. Its got a good beat and you can dance to it.

I am also very pleased that I did not have to retrieve activation codes...that was great...they are all the same. Glad I saw the earlier post explaining that.

I will be distributing these here in Oregon...and am sure I'll have some happy customers. <_<

[

And Lori...

And here I was thinking they would show up at my house in Wyoming! <_<

Do you need one? I'd be happy send one to Wyoming...

JayBee....I would love it if you and Cowboy Bebop swang by this way!!! <_< with or without your Harley Hog LOL :P

I'm glad you got your micros and I hope you like them :unsure: and though its been frustrating for you...without Cachanova we still would not have a trackable coin....so I'm glad he stepped in and took over so that I finally have a coin that's trackable from the state I'm from :(...and I'm glad you have yours now too JayBee!!! ;)

Group Hugs!!!

:P:wub:;)

JayBee....I would love it if you and Cowboy Bebop swang by this way!!! :rolleyes: with or without your Harley Hog LOL :D

I'm glad you got your micros and I hope you like them :unsure: and though its been frustrating for you...without Cachanova we still would not have a trackable coin....so I'm glad he stepped in and took over so that I finally have a coin that's trackable from the state I'm from :)...and I'm glad you have yours now too JayBee!!! :D

Group Hugs!!!

:D:wub::D

Hope you two don't mind, but I'll definately be tagging along on your caching adventures when you come through our beautiful state :P

WOOT!!! Idaho Micros have made it all the way to Interior Alaska! Nice design and finish!

Thanks for sending them up!

You just got your coins?

Now I feel bad for complaining.

I figured that most had already recieved theirs by now.

edit for spelling....

Edited by Go JayBee

Wow! I've been reading this thread for the past few days and had completely forgotten that I had ordered some! :) I received a package yesterday with 2 Idaho coins and I rushed to check my Paypal account to make sure that the shipment was correct. It was actually a very nice surprise! Thanks Cachanova! :D

WOOT!!! Idaho Micros have made it all the way to Interior Alaska! Nice design and finish!

You just got your coins?

edit for spelling....

Most had already recieved theirs. I had about 250 orders. I think more people would be complaining if most of them didn't get them before life threw me a curve. Glad you all got your coins. Still a few more in the mail that I have not heard back about but sure I will soon.

Have a nice St. Patricks day.

Cachanova

[

And Lori...

And here I was thinking they would show up at my house in Wyoming! :anicute:

Sure I will start one from here. Let me know if you want my address.

You just got your coins?

edit for spelling....

Most had already recieved theirs. I had about 250 orders. I think more people would be complaining if most of them didn't get them before life threw me a curve. Glad you all got your coins. Still a few more in the mail that I have not heard back about but sure I will soon.

Have a nice St. Patricks day.

Cachanova

Still no coins here in Quebec.... :anicute:

We haven't recieved ours yet....but it's only been two weeks since Cacheanova emailed to say that he had sent them......not uncommon for Canada. :anicute: We're hoping to find them in the mailbox on Monday!! (Where's the Smilie with the frog that has his fingers crossed when you need one?)

Kootenay Pirates

Edited by kootenay pirates

We haven't recieved ours yet....but it's only been two weeks since Cacheanova emailed to say that he had sent them......not uncommon for Canada. :) We're hoping to find them in the mailbox on Monday!! (Where's the Smilie with the frog that has his fingers crossed when you need one?)

Kootenay Pirates

Ya I had some problems with international orders especially in canada and mexico. For some reason the guy at the post office told me I didn't have to do a form 2976 (declaration form or something) like I did with all the other international orders and they got returned (4 orders). I was not happy. Since he screwed up they did pay for the postage. You should get them anytime. I have never had so much trouble with the postal system in my life. I think I'm jinxed. Let me know if you don't get them soon.

Thanks

Cachanova

We haven't recieved ours yet....but it's only been two weeks since Cacheanova emailed to say that he had sent them......not uncommon for Canada. :) We're hoping to find them in the mailbox on Monday!! (Where's the Smilie with the frog that has his fingers crossed when you need one?)

Kootenay Pirates

Ya I had some problems with international orders especially in canada and mexico. For some reason the guy at the post office told me I didn't have to do a form 2976 (declaration form or something) like I did with all the other international orders and they got returned (4 orders). I was not happy. Since he screwed up they did pay for the postage. You should get them anytime. I have never had so much trouble with the postal system in my life. I think I'm jinxed. Let me know if you don't get them soon.

Thanks

Cachanova

Cachanova,

I hear what you're saying about the USPS...you get a different answer from each person about the Customs Forms. I think that the general rule of thumb is: If it's a letter...you don't need one...if its a mailer you need one (I think there is a starting weight of over an ounce...don't quote me on that please) just put a form on it anyway...declare it as a "gift"...describe as "Novelty Tokens"...don't put the actual dollar amount on the form, otherwise the recipient might have to pay some money to get their package. I always just claim $2 for one coin, $3 for 2 to 3 coins. Remember this: the value listed is NOT for insurance purposes. I always keep a stock of those forms around (they will give them to you at the PO) plus I always stick those Par Avion stickers on both sides of the mailer. Send it 1st Class. The folks at the PO just love me....I'm always prepared.

As far as the International shipments I have made...seems like Canada is the slowest. I've sent stuff to the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and it only takes half the time to get deliverd. Go figure.

[

And Lori...

And here I was thinking they would show up at my house in Wyoming! :D

Ya...sure...I'd love to get one of these travelers started in Wyoming. Seems fitting (Just making a joke, Cachanova) :):D

Email me an addy...I'll send an activated coin started from one of my caches here in Oregon. Give me a few days to get it prepped...need to drill a hole through it and attach a split ring.

Ya...sure...I'd love to get one of these travelers started in Wyoming. Seems fitting (Just making a joke, Cachanova) :):D

Email me an addy...I'll send an activated coin started from one of my caches here in Oregon. Give me a few days to get it prepped...need to drill a hole through it and attach a split ring.

PM Sent. Thanks!

[

And Lori...

And here I was thinking they would show up at my house in Wyoming! :D

LOL. I laughed till I stopped.

I don't think I had an order from Wyoming. Hmmmm

Yep, we're still waiting, although to be fair Justin did contact us asking for confirmation of our address.

That was on March 5th, so they should be due here any time now (International order).

Russ

Yep yours are in the mail also. You should see them any day. Please let me know if they don't show up soon.

Still nothing has arrived I'm afraid :ph34r:

Russ

Still nothing has arrived I'm afraid :o

Hmm I checked my mail and it hasn't been returned yet. Keep the Faith. :-)

Well to smear my rep. even more I got 4 packages sent back to me. 2 from the UK and 2 from Canada. I'm going down to talk to the Post Master today to do some yelling. I'm sorry for yet another delay and they will go back out today and i'm going to really let the Post Master know what I think of the postal system.

I'll post an update later this evening with what happened at the post office.

Cachanova

Two returned from Canada.......can we assume that one of those packages is ours??? :anitongue:

Guess there is no point axiously waiting at the mailbox today.

We can relate to post office problems though. Mrs. Pirate has had to beg for postal workers to put the proper postage on coin packages going to the Sates. "What do you mean it costs more to send them to the States......it weighs the same as the ones for Canada, etc." Just yesterday she argued because she was using up old stamps and only had $1.02 on the envelope. The current rate within Canada is $1.10. The postal worker just couldn't understand why she wanted an additional eight cents added. He was still shaking his head when he finally agreed to sell her an additional eight cent stamp.

We have faith that we are going to receive our Idaho coin one day!!! (We hope) :anibad:

Edited by kootenay pirates

Two returned from Canada.......can we assume that one of those packages is ours??? :anibad:

Guess there is no point axiously waiting at the mailbox today.

We can relate to post office problems though. Mrs. Pirate has had to beg for postal workers to put the proper postage on coin packages going to the Sates. "What do you mean it costs more to send them to the States......it weighs the same as the ones for Canada, etc." Just yesterday she argued because she was using up old stamps and only had $1.02 on the envelope. The current rate within Canada is $1.10. The postal worker just couldn't understand why she wanted an additional eight cents added. He was still shaking his head when he finally agreed to sell her an additional eight cent stamp.

We have faith that we are going to receive our Idaho coin one day!!! (We hope) :anitongue:

I promise, you will get them. I can't wait for my meeting today with the post master. He is going to get a piece of my mind.

Yes yours was one of the ones returned from Canada. I can't imagine what I did wrong since the postal worker helped me get all of the returned international orders ready for shipping. So frustrated it's not even funny. I will post an update later with what they have to say.

Thanks for being patient (really really patient).

Cachanova

....I promise, you will get them. I can't wait for my meeting today with the post master. He is going to get a piece of my mind. ...

Be nice. They were returned for one of 2 reasons. The address was messed up, or you forgot to do something you should have done (since odds are you have never had to do something like ship coins across borders before).

You should be able get things fixed up quickly.

"Game Tokens" goes on the customs forms. :anitongue: That's my guess as to what you need to do...

Edited by Renegade Knight

Ummm, how's my order going? Last I heard from your ( March 4th ) you were shipping it out the next day.

Arizona's not THAT far from Idaho. :huh:

Sorry I'm not at my normal laptop. Please PM me your real name so I can check on the status and how you paid for the coin. Your username isn't ringing a bell.

Thanks

Cachanova

WOW. What a waste of time. OK.. There were 2 problems. Looks like the customs form fell off of one of them and the others were rejected because of no value. I'm at a loss. The post office was the ones to actually put that little sticker thing on them so who knows how it fell off. I also can't figure out why when I filled that form out in front of the postal worker they didn't tell me I had to put something there. OK OK OK. Deep Breath....

So they are back in the mail. Post master himself filled out the customs form and promised me no problems (I know where he lives).

Next step I guess will be to buy a plane ticket if this doesn't work.

Cachanova

Ummm, how's my order going? Last I heard from your ( March 4th ) you were shipping it out the next day.

Arizona's not THAT far from Idaho. :anitongue:

I'm a bit confused. Are you in Arizona? I thought you were in Canada? Please email me with the correct Address and how you paid for the coins. If you have the transaction ID if you used paypal that would be even better.

Thanks

Cachanova

cachanova@ruralnetwork.net

Arizona's not THAT far from Idaho. :anitongue:

I'm a bit confused. Are you in Arizona? I thought you were in Canada? Please email me with the correct Address and how you paid for the coins. If you have the transaction ID if you used paypal that would be even better.

Thanks

Cachanova

cachanova@ruralnetwork.net

March 4th e-mail re-sent, <_<