Idaho Micro Coin Update (OH BOY)

Cachanova

Well I have recieved the Groundspeak tracking numbers and was going to order the coins today from the Mint. I just found out they are closed until the 3rd. This is going to add another week to the expected time. I still should be able to have the coins by the 17th and get them out to people as soon as I get them. Sorry for this minor set back. I know everyone is looking forward to these coins. If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or PM me.

Thanks

Cachanova

I just read a newspaper story about alot of internet and phones being down in Asia (where the mint is), and will be down for weeks because of the earthquake. I wonder how this is going to effect things not only with this coin, but others?

For the techies like me, what happened was the Earthquake cut many of the undersea cable systems. Because of the way the Internet was built, SMTP/Mail Traffic will continue to re-try for 5 days. There are some links which are live and I know many major providers went to Satellite for backup. For us, we have had 0 problems working with our vendors.

Here is the current list I have for cut cables:

1) RNAL - Reach N.Asia Loop (NAL)

2) FNAL - Flag Telecom N.Asia Loop

3) APCN2 - consortium owned

4) C2C - Singtel

5) EAC - ANC

Thinking more local, there was a major storm which took out some friends Power for over a week just outside of Seattle WA.

I just read a newspaper story about alot of internet and phones being down in Asia (where the mint is), and will be down for weeks because of the earthquake. I wonder how this is going to effect things not only with this coin, but others?

Thanks for that info. I'm sure we can work around that.

Thanks

Cachanova

We ran into a small problem due to this not with the mint but with FedEx, they were unable to get the manifest and therefore custom would not release the package until said manifest was rec. it solwed down the delivery about 3 days. Other than that we have had no issues.

Hi,

Any update???

Thanks!

Here is the update. We have the Tracking numbers(from Groundspeak) and are ready to order (would have done it sooner but our mint took a week off for the holidays). I will place the order first thing on the 3rd and then within 2 weeks we should have the coins. Will take me a couple of days to get them all out because of the number of orders. I apreciate everyone being patient and all in all I think this is still going very smooth. As soon as I get the coins I will upload pictures and start notifying people as soon as i send them out the door.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me or email me. cachanova@ruralnetwork.net

Thanks

Cachanova

Edited by Cachanova

Well I have recieved the Groundspeak tracking numbers and was going to order the coins today from the Mint. I just found out they are closed until the 3rd. This is going to add another week to the expected time. I still should be able to have the coins by the 17th and get them out to people as soon as I get them. Sorry for this minor set back. I know everyone is looking forward to these coins. If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or PM me.

Thanks

Cachanova

Don't know who you are using but if it is the company I know that was closed until the 3rd, I would not promise 14 days to delivery. The best I have gotten so far is around 17 days and that was supposedly their best mint.

Thanks

Cachanova

Don't know who you are using but if it is the company I know that was closed until the 3rd, I would not promise 14 days to delivery. The best I have gotten so far is around 17 days and that was supposedly their best mint.

I think it is the same as you. So have they ever got coins to you on time?

The short of it, No. First coin I received in about 20 days, the second in 17 (this was a more difficult coin to produce hense the issues I am having). I think their promise is 14 days to ship. That means from the time they get it at the mint 14 days + shipping. Give at least one day delay in communication of final order and a few days shipping. 17-20 is probibly a good ballpark, 14 is not. A couple days for you to turn them around you are at 3 weeks before anyone of you customers will get a coin in their hand.

Good luck.

The short of it, No. First coin I received in about 20 days, the second in 17 (this was a more difficult coin to produce hense the issues I am having). I think their promise is 14 days to ship. That means from the time they get it at the mint 14 days + shipping. Give at least one day delay in communication of final order and a few days shipping. 17-20 is probibly a good ballpark, 14 is not. A couple days for you to turn them around you are at 3 weeks before anyone of you customers will get a coin in their hand.

Good luck.

Thanks

Are these sold out? Thanks!

I'm not currently selling anymore until we get them. I do have some to sell so keep an eye on this post and when I get the coins just pm me or contact me and I'll sell you some.

Cachanova.

Oh yes also I did order these and we are now at the mercy of the MINT.

I'll post an update when I get more info.

Thanks

Cachanova

Oh boy is right. So after I place the order from all about challenge coins I now get an email saying they didn't add everything correctly and we will owe them 250.00 more than I was quoted. Well we all know how coins work especially the state coins and there just isn't 250.00 extra dollars to give them. So 1 of 3 things is going to happen. First option is they will eat it (not sure since this is the first time dealing with them), second is to charge over 500 people more money so we can get the 250.00 (I'm not doing this), and the third is we go with a different mint that can accomidate the price difference. I've enjoyed dealing with this company and everything was going so well untill this last little problem. I hope we can resolve it and one way or the other it will be resolved by tomorrow morning. I will post more info as I get it. I could cry its so frustrating when this stuff happens.

Cachanova

Yet another reason, in the growing list, that coins should not be presold.

I would not agree. I think it is yet another reason coin company's should be more carefull when giving quotes. This is not a huge deal that will prevent this coin from being made. It will add a couple of days to this coin.

WE WILL NOT START A HUGE FIGHT HERE. This is an update on the idaho micro coin and not a debate about pre-sales on coins. END OF STORY.

I would think if the company gave you a quote in writing they have to honor that. I would not do business with a company that did that. Bait and switch is not allowed! :rolleyes::wub:

Good luck on getting it resolved.

That is also how I feel. It is a little complicated because the Quote did have all the correct prices it was that they did not add the cost of putting the Tracking numbers on the coins to the total on the bottom line. I didn't double check there math and they didn't either. I hope they decide to ohnor the price they gave me as a total because the only other option for me is going with another mint.

Thanks for your input.

Cachanova

I just talked with Matt (very nice person) and they are going to converse and see what they can do. They will be calling me shortly and I will update this. Its nice to have people who will talk to you.

Thanks

Cachanova

I agree, they were very good at working with me, to straighten any miscommunication.

Ok I got the coins and am sorting them out and getting ready to send. they will be in the mail this week. If you do not recieve your coin by the end of Next week (the 26th) please email me and let me know.

:) This is GREAT! Now I should have them in time for our Chili Cook-off, and can share them with some of the fellow Utah cachers before turning them loose! Will watch for them!

Steve

AKA Salty-Eagle

Ok I got the coins and am sorting them out and getting ready to send. they will be in the mail this week. If you do not recieve your coin by the end of Next week (the 26th) please email me and let me know.

:D This is GREAT! Now I should have them in time for our Chili Cook-off, and can share them with some of the fellow Utah cachers before turning them loose! Will watch for them!

Steve

AKA Salty-Eagle

Has anyone received these coins yet? I haven't, and haven't seen much action in this forum in over a week. Is there a status update?

The coins are in, and have been distributed locally. I'm sure that if Cachanova has not put the rest in the mail yet, he will very shortly.

Was there any left for sale? I have sent Cachanova two emails enquiring, but have not yet had a response. Is it safe to go ahead and pay for some via PayPal?

Thanks,

keewee

I apologize for my lack of updates. I have been ill and unable to get the supplies I needed to get the rest of the coins out. I am much better and got the rest of the supplies yesterday. For those of you who have not recieved your coins yet I will be sending them in the next couple of days. Please feel free to email me cachanova@ruralnetwork.net if you need info on anything.

Thanks

Cachanova

I am feeling much better. Almost all coins were sent out with the exception of a few that I'm having adress problems with. It was my fault. I didn't mail merge correctly and some people with really long addresses got screwed up. I will fix it and get the last 5 or 6 out in the next couple of days.

My arms are tired.

Cachanova

got mine! where are the activation codes?

It would save a lot of hearburn, and unnecessary replies, if someone would use the secret decoder ring that I obviously did not receive with my coins, and post the activation site/method/code/whatever here. The site, is NOT secret, the codes are. Please, don't tell me that these aren't able to be activated.