Now that is Spooky!

Despite it looking like a likely spoof (new member, no finds, cache in a crime ridden area etc etc) a FTF attempt proved the co-ords to be well out and nothing like it should be.

Just rechecking now and there is no sign of the cache at all on GC.com, not archived but gone without a trace, living up to its name of spooky.

Any chance of the mods explaining what has happened?

Despite it looking like a likely spoof (new member, no finds, cache in a crime ridden area etc etc) a FTF attempt proved the co-ords to be well out and nothing like it should be.

Just rechecking now and there is no sign of the cache at all on GC.com, not archived but gone without a trace, living up to its name of spooky.

Any chance of the mods explaining what has happened?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...&Submit6=Go

Cache Issues:

This cache has been archived, but is available for viewing for archival purposes.

This cache is temporarily unavailable. Read the logs below to read the status for this cache.

Cache Logs

January 4 by SneakyB'Stard (0 found)

Removed...

[view this log on a separate page]

Edited by bhodisatva

I spotted this one this morning and emailed one of our Mods about it. I found it particularly odd because the location is not that far from where a Green Jeep TB mysteriously "disappeared" between 30th Dec and 1st January. Similarly I noted that 2 geocoins have "disappeared" recently from two other nearby Bristol caches. I was wondering if these events could be connected. :ph34r:

MrsB

Looks very strange to me!

Sadly one of the coins mentioned has dissapeared from one of my own caches - Inner Gorge.

I've been in touch with the owner of the coin and a couple of the previous finders of the cache, and unless someone logs it after a long holiday away from a computer, it looks as though it's been robbed by someone!

Such a shame, as my cache was its first resting place :ph34r:

What was the other coin to go missing?

I doubt though that there'd be any link to be made from past logs, but i'd be interested to look.

Still bloody mad that someones new coin got nicked from my cache.

Once again, i'm wondering whether to just archive it, as after having had the cache left out in the open, the ammo can stolen, then the remaining contents - is it really worth the hassle to myself and those who have their travellers placed in it?

I'm not happy at the moment!! B)B)

Edited by doctor scotland

I spotted this one this morning and emailed one of our Mods about it. I found it particularly odd because the location is not that far from where a Green Jeep TB mysteriously "disappeared" between 30th Dec and 1st January. Similarly I noted that 2 geocoins have "disappeared" recently from two other nearby Bristol caches. I was wondering if these events could be connected. :laughing:

MrsB

I considered mailing the mods as well on this, because I was concerned that someone with so little find experience was really experience enough to place a cache and I see Bruce has made comments about the coordinates being off. I did wonder if it was a joke cache designed to lure our resident FTF'er out for a nano/micro search in urban Bristol for humour reasons or something more sinister. :laughing:

Mark

The Reviewers won't necessarily know anything about this since it was archived by the owner rather than them. However, they can check the IP address against other known addresses to see if it is a sockpuppet account.

It does seem odd, I wondered if it could be someone who just tried registering a cache to see how the process worked and when it was approved then promptly archived it. If this is the case then they may have used their home coordinates, Google suggests this is a residential area?