Garmin Auto vs Marine Mount for Jeep

Jeepsrock

I am in the process of trying to purchase a mount to use my new 60cx in my jeep cherokee. I am a bit confused between the auto vs marine mount offered by garmin ? I am guessing the difference is between the mounting system but i cant tell bc the pictures look alike.

Garmins website has no detailed information regarding both types ?

Any other mount types suggested would be appreciated as long as their under 50$, lol..i have spent quite a bit already.

Thanks

pete

I bought an auto navigation kit which included City Navigator and a bean bag mounting kit for my Garmin. Since I travel and rent cars I find this to be the best choice. It is easily transportable and does not move around on the dash under normal driving conditions. I say this because when 4 wheeling it can get bounced around a bit. :rolleyes:

I am in the process of trying to purchase a mount to use my new 60cx in my jeep cherokee. I am a bit confused between the auto vs marine mount offered by garmin ? I am guessing the difference is between the mounting system but i cant tell bc the pictures look alike.

Garmins website has no detailed information regarding both types ?

Any other mount types suggested would be appreciated as long as their under 50$, lol..i have spent quite a bit already.

Thanks

pete

I use this for my 60CSx and it works perfectly. No sliding around or bouncing. http://www.gpscity.com/item-ram/ramb166ga12.htm

After looking at all the mounting options, I settled on a 4-inch piece of velcro that has the loops on one side and hooks on the other. I push the velcro into an AC vent louver and pull it around the louver and back out with a small hook I made from wire. I then press the ends together and clip my Garmin's belt clip to it. What I end up with is an almost no cost vent mount that takes almost no packing space when taken on vacation for use in rental cars. It works perfectly with my car. I may be going Jeeping in April and will have a chance to test it offroad in a Wrangler at that time.

So with the garmin auto mount i will have to have to use the adhesive disc to have it work well on the dash right ?

Dragon master you suggested the suction mount, would that be the windshield mount ? How well does it stay on the windshield ?

pete

Dragonmaster13 recommended a suction mount from Garmin or Ram. I have a Ram suction mount that works well in either a windshield or on the dash. The dash in my Jeep Liberty isn't large enough, but it works terrific in the window. With the twist lock suction is powerful enough that it won't bounce off while 4-wheeling nor will it pull off until you unlock it. See this link http://www.gpscity.com/item-ram/ramb166ga12.htm .