60CSX powers off when on battery and connected to Computer

This is probably a pretty easy question, but I can't for the life of me come up with an answer. This afternoon, I successfully unlocked CN 8 NT to my new 60CSX. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I didn't realize that the CN 8 maps would erase the US topo maps already on the SD card. So far so good, I played around with the new CN maps off and on for an hour or so, and no problems.

A few hours later I go to turn on my 60CSX and after a couple of seconds it shuts off. Weird, I try again and the same thing happened. I have had the 60 CSX since Christmas with the same kind of batteries, Energizer e2 Alkaline, and this has not happened. I tried two other sets of batteries, and the same thing happens. I tried the "burn some juice off in a flashlight trick I read about here, for times ranging from 5 min - 2 hours and still, the same thing happens. A bad batch of batteries?

Just now, as I try to power the 60CSX via USB cable with the batteries in and out, it powers off after a few seconds. The only new change that I can think of is that CN 8 NT is loaded instead of US TOPO....

What do you think, what am I doing wrong?

This is probably a pretty easy question, but I can't for the life of me come up with an answer. This afternoon, I successfully unlocked CN 8 NT to my new 60CSX. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I didn't realize that the CN 8 maps would erase the US topo maps already on the SD card. So far so good, I played around with the new CN maps off and on for an hour or so, and no problems.

A few hours later I go to turn on my 60CSX and after a couple of seconds it shuts off. Weird, I try again and the same thing happened. I have had the 60 CSX since Christmas with the same kind of batteries, Energizer e2 Alkaline, and this has not happened. I tried two other sets of batteries, and the same thing happens. I tried the "burn some juice off in a flashlight trick I read about here, for times ranging from 5 min - 2 hours and still, the same thing happens. A bad batch of batteries?

Just now, as I try to power the 60CSX via USB cable with the batteries in and out, it powers off after a few seconds. The only new change that I can think of is that CN 8 NT is loaded instead of US TOPO....

What do you think, what am I doing wrong?

- Mine, same issues. Bring it back to Garmin Service. They have excellent service. I received new one few weeks ago. No more power problems. Hope this last.

That is a real mystery. If the unit won't power up and stay on, you may want to try a hard reset.

Hold ENTR and PAGE while powering up to master reset the unit.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I'm afraid a call to Garmin tech support may be your best bet.

Thanks, that did it, for now. Hopefully that will be the only troubles I have, but it is good to know Garmin has good customer service.

Thanks,

Purdue