5 Jeeps

forthferalz

I have a nice yellow jeep already from GPX Navigators after working a trade. Just wondering since the icon is coming up as Personal Coins but listed separately from my other Personal Coins grouped together is there going to be a different icon?

I'm still getting the handle on the logo thing but I do not think it will be anything else. I did notice it appears separate and not sure why that is. Maybe we are special. <_< Our leader would probably know more. She will probably check in on this tomorrow. If not I will email her and ask. :huh:

Just the PERSONAL coin icon. This is the personal coin of those cachers listed on the wheels.

From what I've read above the total mint of all 5 jeeps is only 100 coins.

......Anthus

125 was the original minting. There are 30 more in addition to that figure due to a paint error with the tracking numbers. I believe what you read is that there were less than 100 total available for trades. That's because each of the 5 group members is keeping a set.

And because the basic cointracking edition is 100's and that's close enough for $5 - a full set of coins 5 are indeed kept aside in our collections. Rusty at the mint has not only given us free epoxy coating, but extra trackable coins when I (being the designer) was upset by a minor detail none else was much troubled by - the mint jumped the gun before we authorised the print.

The 30 extra coins comprise 5 of each colour and red subverted to 5 red/5 in an UNAUTHORISED colour (burgundy) sent to Atlantagal. I've asked her repeatedly in private for these to be returned and replaced with the correct colour and gone as far as contacting both the mint and Groundspeak about decommissioning the tracking codes.

As Atlantagal is not one of "the 5 group members is keeping a set." but included in my share as a charitable gesture for having faith in my designs, changing the colour of my personal coin was not her request to make. Her private appology for this ingenious 'mistake' is sounding hollow in light of her continued refusal when asked to return the remaining 4 burgundy coins not traded thus far in exchange for the correct colour. Hopefully I will stand corrected in a short while and not discover she's continued to trade them.

Whew....now I need a merlot...after reading all about this. :laughing:

The jeeps are very cute...no matter what color they are!

pardon! I really hoped you ALL would have developed an allergy to redwine after reading that! It amounts to a breach of copyright in fact as I own the intellectual property on the design.

and worse!

ok confession - my burgundy wannabe jeep is a.....CRV.... I have been too embarassed to log the cache where we GOT BOGGED in it and had to be rescued by police - and it was a photo cache so the coppers went up to try find it as well after getting us down .... well I hope the bushfires didn't ruin the camera.

PS There better not be any flames here either I suppose, trusting the moderator will keep the temp sensible - thanks for the nice comments.

Edited by forthferalz

Hmm . . . not exactly any of my business I suppose. But I guess I am a bit confused over this. It seems to me that this is a problem to be resolved between the parties involved and not something to be disputed in public.

I am sure there are various sides to the story and I know most of the people involved in this thing and that they are reasonable, fair, honest and upright people. Clearly there have been some mis understandings that have resulted in harsh words in very public places.

I would like to suggest that the people involved in this take the issue off line and that the moderators kill this thread.

The dispute is honestly not making anyone look good.

My Thoughts!

Please take all of these politics into private discussion. If not, I will have to come back here with the keys.

reminders:

Private Discussions: Sometimes, a discussion thread strays off into a friendly dialogue or a heated debate among a very small number of users. For these exchanges, use the private discussion feature that is provided through the Groundspeak forums, or the Geocaching.com e-mail system. Public forum posts should be reserved for matters of interest to the general community.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Keep on topic: Responses to a particular thread should be on-topic and pertain to the discussion. Users should use the New Topic button to start a new discussion which would otherwise be off-topic in the current thread. Threads that are off topic may be closed by the moderator.

Thank you for not closing the thread. Obviously things were done and have been said, accusations have been made and respoonses have been posted.

At this point, I'd just like to see the resolution (without any insinutations or accusations). I think the coin community deserves to know the fate of the "Merlot Jeeps" for trading/buying purposes.

Hopefully this can be summarized by one of the involved parties once the private discussions have occured.

edit: typos

Edited by kealia
You are one of the two that had one on your list? Did you turn it back in?

Yes, I did have this 5th jeep on my list but, I never added it, seen it, or even heard about it. Some how, I had one added to my list! I don't know how but I think I know who it was. I can not trade with AtlantaGal anyways since she does not want to ttrade with me.

Edited by Son of Cyclops

Thank you for not closing the thread. Obviously things were done and have been said, accusations have been made and respoonses have been posted.

At this point, I'd just like to see the resolution (without any insinutations or accusations). I think the coin community deserves to know the fate of the "Merlot Jeeps" for trading/buying purposes.

Hopefully this can be summarized by one of the involved parties once the private discussions have occured.

We have been working on a resolution since this issue came to light. The resolution is following the normal course of information gathering and a complete understanding of what occurred. We have already drafted a final response that contains no insinuations or accusations. Just waiting to post it to the whole community till we clear up some details. Due to time zone differences of the involved parties, things are taking a little longer. :laughing:

We have been working on a resolution since this issue came to light. The resolution is following the normal course of information gathering and a complete understanding of what occurred. We have already drafted a final response that contains no insinuations or accusations. Just waiting to post it to the whole community till we clear up some details. Due to time zone differences of the involved parties, things are taking a little longer. :laughing:

Thanks for the update <_<

Seems to me that if there were 5 additional Jeeps (Merlot) made, then the 5 Jeep owners should get each one so they have a complete set of each color. Whiich in this case would include an additional rare version.

just my 2 cent comment on this situation.

BTW if these jeeps are personal coins thats not being sold. I would love to trade for one!!

As hoped I stand corrected. Marianne is returning the 5 burgundy to the mint to be destroyed. The tracking codes will not be disabled but recycled.

I will send her my 5 red spares when they are in hand. Please direct any trade requests for red to her as i have no more RED 4X4's and NO MORE RED/BLUE/GREEN/WHITE/YELLOW WILL BE MINTED. Final size of each colour is 30 total of 150 trackable coins with less than 120 made available for trades.

THESE COINS ARE MARKED "NOT FOR RESALE".

THEY ARE TRADE ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT TRADE FOR THESE COINS UNTIL YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE ETIQUETTE INVOLVED. IT IS ALSO NOT ETIQUETTE TO SELL A COIN TRADED FOR JEEP UNLESS YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THAT NOTION ALSO, BE CAREFUL TO ASK ABOUT THE ETIQUETTE IN THE FORUM. A FORCED SALE IS A RARE BEAST INDEED.

The input from this forum from a mutual friend was most helpful to me and I thank all those involved in a lengthy process - once again please be aware these coins are rare but not precious like time with your family - any slowness to post follow up will be due to me playing catch up!

cc. cointracking.com/geocoins.net forum

From what I've read above the total mint of all 5 jeeps is only 100 coins.

......Anthus

125 was the original minting. There are 30 more in addition to that figure due to a paint error with the tracking numbers. I believe what you read is that there were less than 100 total available for trades. That's because each of the 5 group members is keeping a set.

And because the basic cointracking edition is 100's and that's close enough for $5 - a full set of coins 5 are indeed kept aside in our collections. Rusty at the mint has not only given us free epoxy coating, but extra trackable coins when I (being the designer) was upset by a minor detail none else was much troubled by - the mint jumped the gun before we authorised the print.

The 30 extra coins comprise 5 of each colour and red subverted to 5 red/5 in an UNAUTHORISED colour (burgundy) sent to Atlantagal. I've asked her repeatedly in private for these to be returned and replaced with the correct colour and gone as far as contacting both the mint and Groundspeak about decommissioning the tracking codes.

As Atlantagal is not one of "the 5 group members is keeping a set." but included in my share as a charitable gesture for having faith in my designs, changing the colour of my personal coin was not her request to make. Her private appology for this ingenious 'mistake' is sounding hollow in light of her continued refusal when asked to return the remaining 4 burgundy coins not traded thus far in exchange for the correct colour. Hopefully I will stand corrected in a short while and not discover she's continued to trade them.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program. Jeeps, Jeeps for trade. With a Jeep, Jeep here and and a Jeep, Jeep there. :laughing:

The initial purpose of this posting was to introduce the Jeeps to the community. Amidst that we found out about some things that spoiled the party. While closure is we hope forthcoming, anyone who opens the posting will see the Jeep Birth Announcement. I ask to keep it open, unless you want us to open a new posting so people can continue to contact us. Because they are contacting us from this posting. <_<

I just have to say that The first Photograph of the Jeeps with the watercolor Painting,

is really Beautiful.

I am the Proud Owner of a Blue Jeep, prior to when I even knew the Jeeps Existed.

It was a Secret Santa Gift, and I treasure it.

Thank you, Blue. :laughing:

I really think it was a very special and thoughtful present.

~Fluttershy

Got a Green Jeep today but I am still looking for a second one Jeep any color.

I could trade a Shiny Gold Team Sand Dollar V2 coin. I haven't seen these yet but since the mint did had so many glitchs with my V2.5 they offered me some extra coins and I requested the V2 (hope they get it right). I am getting only 70 of these and they will be numbered 301-370. And with all V2 coins they can be trade only.

Hey TEAM360 did you see that coin TSD360 :laughing:.

Team Sand Dollar

For those that got the complete set I will try to match numbers.

OMG Marky are all those folders on the shelf you coin collection? :wacko:

Yep! All alphabetized. Each binder holds up to 90 coins. Some letters span multiple binders, less popular letters share a binder with other letters. :D I think we are at 32 binders. We used to bring them to event caches, but my chiropractor has recommended that I stop doing that. :D:yikes:

--Marky

OMG Marky are all those folders on the shelf you coin collection? :D

Yep! All alphabetized. Each binder holds up to 90 coins. Some letters span multiple binders, less popular letters share a binder with other letters. ;) I think we are at 32 binders. We used to bring them to event caches, but my chiropractor has recommended that I stop doing that. :wacko::D

--Marky

A local cacher here used to put his in the back of his truck and then used a dolly to roll them into the events!! He also had to stop :yikes::wacko::D

Glad a resolution to the issue has been met.

The Jeeps look awesome!

I'm looking to trade for a Jeep and have my Firefighters, Decoders, and geoAgents to trade with.

Thanks.....Anthus

Thank you - high praise indeed from one with such original coins himself.

a few more noises:

The edition sizes above stand - Atlantagal and I have made our peace and she's generously offered to split the spares so if anyone has a spare arlsdaddy chaos AD coin I'm in the market again :D

the merlot jeep geocaching adventure coin was not at any stage a bootleg or stolen coin just a presumption of communication and misunderstanding of the conditions of manufacture.

This can be avoided easily in future by simply delegating all transactions and payments to the mint to be made through one person only. This informaton supplied by the mint.

Additionally I think ICQ or MSN chat would have been a good thing to use given the logistics of emails - there was such a flood during the design process much of it wasn't cc'd to everyone and not everyone was able to reply in a timely fashion to proposals.

goodluck to my friends in Portugal with their new very-small-group geocoin!

http://www.my-geocoin.com/gb/rw_lunchtimegang.php