5 Jeeps

forthferalz

The birth of a new coin was announced on cointracking.com and like any new parent I have been rather swamped with the new and unfamiliar duties of care - not sure if I have even sent out our first baby pictures - see previous post for coin specs

And this one is special - it's one of quins! five little coins - not identical and all belonging to different parents [Damanace,Glenn721,Julieinga,GPX Navigators and Forthferalz] :unsure: I think the analogy breaks down here :(

5jeeps.jpg

We have now christened our little darlings individually - they maybe also found as "Jeep Geocaching Adventure"

"Jeep Geocaching Adventure - Yellow" Jeep Geocaching Adventure - green, Jeep Geocaching Adventure - blue,

Jeep Geocaching Adventure - glow white, Jeep Geocaching Adventure - red

5jeepsblueback.jpg

and the parents will variously be putting the clones up for trade only when they are weaned - we're not selling the kids!

Edited by forthferalz

Greetings to all this is a belated post, A group of 5 merged together to create a joint venture Jeep Coin . I wanted to add more information for you in addition to Carolyn's post to help clarify who has what coin to offer for trade, and a further photo , The coin is known as 5 Jeeps and or has adopted the name as Geocaching 4 X 4 Adventure. Thanks go out to Carolyn ( forthferalz ) for the creation of the art and concept, also many thanks go out to Rusty at Personal Geocoins for his efforts to make this project sucessfull.

20 each color trade only . Shiny black nickel, hard enamel with glow lights. the activation codes can be found at the geocoinstore.com . Hope you enjoy these rare coins they are a extreamly limited run. Glenn

5 individual cachers

Forthferalz - Red

Damenace - Blue

GPX Navigators - Yellow

Glennk721 Glow - White

Julieinga - Green

jeepgroup.JPG

Glenn, is the green really that light colored or is that just the lighting?

Greets, the tone is a bit off in the photo. The colors are indeed deeper, sorry about that was cause and effect of lighting and background. With all going on in my household at the moment, I used a photo that I had taken when the Jeeps first arrived. Glenn

Greets, the tone is a bit off in the photo. The colors are indeed deeper, sorry about that was cause and effect of lighting and background. With all going on in my household at the moment, I used a photo that I had taken when the Jeeps first arrived. Glenn

No problem. I was just curious since Green & Yellow I have not seen in person :ph34r:

Greetings to all this is a belated post, A group of 5 merged together to create a joint venture Jeep Coin . I wanted to add more information for you in addition to Carolyn's post to help clarify who has what coin to offer for trade, and a further photo , The coin is known as 5 Jeeps and or has adopted the name as Geocaching 4 X 4 Adventure. Thanks go out to Carolyn ( forthferalz ) for the creation of the art and concept, also many thanks go out to Rusty at Personal Geocoins for his efforts to make this project sucessfull.

20 each color trade only . Shiny black nickel, hard enamel with glow lights. the activation codes can be found at the geocoinstore.com . Hope you enjoy these rare coins they are a extreamly limited run. Glenn

5 individual cachers

Forthferalz - Red

Damenace - Blue

GPX Navigators - Yellow

Glennk721 Glow - White

Julieinga - Green

jeepgroup.JPG

Does the red have a flaw in the big tire fender?

Does the red have a flaw in the big tire fender?

The one Red in my collection from the 5 is correct. same as others. The one red I had when taking photo, seems to be a error coin B) . Its been traded away, sent to a cacher for Carolyn by me to a requested party . I guess that is now the rarest of coin :ph34r: . I only have held 2 , Opps make that 3 red coins and that one in the photo is no longer in hand.

Edited by glennk721

No problem. I was just curious since Green & Yellow I have not seen in person B)

The yellow is a nice bright yellow - looks like one you would see on the road - albeit a tad smaller. :ph34r:

I have a nice yellow jeep already from GPX Navigators after working a trade. Just wondering since the icon is coming up as Personal Coins but listed separately from my other Personal Coins grouped together is there going to be a different icon?

I'm still getting the handle on the logo thing but I do not think it will be anything else. I did notice it appears separate and not sure why that is. Maybe we are special. :lol: Our leader would probably know more. She will probably check in on this tomorrow. If not I will email her and ask. :lol:

I have a nice yellow jeep already from GPX Navigators after working a trade. Just wondering since the icon is coming up as Personal Coins but listed separately from my other Personal Coins grouped together is there going to be a different icon?

I'm still getting the handle on the logo thing but I do not think it will be anything else. I did notice it appears separate and not sure why that is. Maybe we are special. :lol: Our leader would probably know more. She will probably check in on this tomorrow. If not I will email her and ask. :lol:

I believe you have to have at least 250 coins in order to qualify for an icon. From what I've read above the total mint of all 5 jeeps is only 100 coins.

......Anthus

From what I've read above the total mint of all 5 jeeps is only 100 coins.

......Anthus

125 was the original minting. There are 30 more in addition to that figure due to a paint error with the tracking numbers. I believe what you read is that there were less than 100 total available for trades. That's because each of the 5 group members is keeping a set.

From what I've read above the total mint of all 5 jeeps is only 100 coins.

......Anthus

125 was the original minting. There are 30 more in addition to that figure due to a paint error with the tracking numbers. I believe what you read is that there were less than 100 total available for trades. That's because each of the 5 group members is keeping a set.

Does this count include the mysterious Merlot color that no one seems to know anything about? How many of those where minted?

How did we get 30 more when there was only 5 people? Does that mean that there are 5 Merlot that got minted, yet never discussed by the group? Who made this decision?

Does this count include the mysterious Merlot color that no one seems to know anything about? How many of those where minted?

How did we get 30 more when there was only 5 people? Does that mean that there are 5 Merlot that got minted, yet never discussed by the group? Who made this decision?

Why would the Vendor let this happen? This is quite upsetting News! :D

Edited by Fluttershy

Ouch. You were part of this mint group project and you didn't know about a mysterious color or an additional 30 coins. :D

Ouch. You were part of this mint group project and you didn't know about a mysterious color or an additional 30 coins. B)

I was part of this group and I was aware of 25 additional coins that where being minted. It was suppose to be 5 more of each original color for a total of 25 coins. Somehow 5 Merlot coins appeared without the go ahead from the group.

And to boot no one knows how they got here :D ? So what that means is the complete set we thought we had is now incomplete.

Ouch. You were part of this mint group project and you didn't know about a mysterious color or an additional 30 coins. B)

I was part of this group and I was aware of 25 additional coins that where being minted. It was suppose to be 5 more of each original color for a total of 25 coins. Somehow 5 Merlot coins appeared without the go ahead from the group.

And to boot no one knows how they got here :D ? So what that means is the complete set we thought we had is now incomplete.

That may just be a mint error. Some of the Decoder coins were colored wrong -- but it was more of an area of the coin that should have been metal but was colored in white.

That may just be a mint error. Some of the Decoder coins were colored wrong -- but it was more of an area of the coin that should have been metal but was colored in white.

An error indeed, not sure if it was a mint error since no one knows where they came from.

I'm very sorry... There's a certain integrity to uphold when you deal with a group, no matter

what size it is.

Shame on the individual, if this is true... :D

Things have a way of getting through the cracks, so I wouldn't blame a Vendor outright.

Who was in charge of the group? Who placed the actual order? Who ordered Merlot?

Where are they, if they exist? :D

One HERE

Two HERE

I see a reference to LE?? If there are only 25 each to trade and they are black nickle, what is the LE? I didn't realize there was an LE.

There was no LE minted, in general due to the nature of the mint they are all Extremely tough to trade for. The Merlot being even trickier since it was never approved by the group.

Where are they, if they exist? :D

One HERE

Two HERE

I see a reference to LE?? If there are only 25 each to trade and they are black nickle, what is the LE? I didn't realize there was an LE.

There was no LE minted, in general due to the nature of the mint they are all Extremely tough to trade for. The Merlot being even trickier since it was never approved by the group.

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Well, a few things incorrect here. Guess we all make mistakes, eh? I've highlighted the replacement minting amounts from the vendor's original email I received.

Greetings,

When told that returning the coins for repair was

not feasable the factory has offered to make 30

additional Jeeps, that is 5 for each of you in your

original primary color and more than 20% of your

original order. I will supply the tracking codes

so the will all be trackable. I sincerely hope

this soothes any inconvienence caused by the

unfilled tracking codes.

Thank you

Minting these 5 replacement coins in a different color was suggested by me since I split the red version with forthferalz originally. Tho my name isn't on this coin, I was a part of this group whether anyone other than forthferalz wishes to acknowledge it or not. I made an assumption that this color suggestion would be discussed with forthferalz. It wasn't. Therefore, I'll take blame for the situation.

This is the only comment I'll make in public forum on this issue since I don't feel it belongs here in the first place.

Feel free to stir the pot without my participation :D

Well, a few things incorrect here. Guess we all make mistakes, eh? I've highlighted the replacement minting amounts from the vendor's original email I received.

Greetings,

When told that returning the coins for repair was

not feasable the factory has offered to make 30

additional Jeeps, that is 5 for each of you in your

original primary color and more than 20% of your

original order. I will supply the tracking codes

so the will all be trackable. I sincerely hope

this soothes any inconvienence caused by the

unfilled tracking codes.

Thank you

Minting these 5 replacement coins in a different color was suggested by me since I split the red version with forthferalz originally. Tho my name isn't on this coin, I was a part of this group whether anyone other than forthferalz wishes to acknowledge it or not. I made an assumption that this color suggestion would be discussed with forthferalz. It wasn't. Therefore, I'll take blame for the situation.

This is the only comment I'll make in public forum on this issue since I don't feel it belongs here in the first place.

Feel free to stir the pot without my participation :D

Part of the group? You was a member of that two person group that consisted of ForthFeralz and yourself. ForthFeralz agreed to split her share with you. If you had been a member of the group there would have been 6 Jeeps minted.

Taking it upon yourself to mint a seperate color on your own does not make you a part of that group. Even in your post above you clealry made bold and I quote "5 for each of you in your

original primary color", no where does that say a special color for AtlantaGal?

What has been done has been done. I better leave before I get my hands slapped. I apoligize for this straying off track. I am sorry to the coin forums that I brought this to light, however the truth must be told.

"Part of the group? You was a member of that two person group that consisted of ForthFeralz and yourself. ForthFeralz agreed to split her share with you. If you had been a member of the group there would have been 6 Jeeps minted.

Taking it upon yourself to mint a seperate color on your own does not make you a part of that group. Even in your post above you clealry made bold and I quote "5 for each of you in your

original primary color", no where does that say a special color for AtlantaGal?"

geezus - i went geocaching for the weekend and haven't seen the forum! I'd essentially agree with the above and feel it was rather taking advantage of bothe the group and the generosity of the mint to request such a thing and would respectfully request that either you return the burgundy to Rusty at personalcoins.com to be replaced by a red jeep or if they have been traded away already to pass this request on (with no ill feeling or coercion).

If anyone is totally coinfused my agreement with atlantagal goes way back to the original design which began as LIPS coin - remember that one? well the design was coinceived as lips in 5 colours ( girly ) and cars in 5 colours (boyz) so we could have a small run of 250 TRADE ONLY COINS and get an icon. The mere mention of the word jeep however caused a mass bail from my LIPS investors to the jeeps :D Atlantagal agreed to take on half my share to keep the LIPS afloat but then I got the 'offer I couldn't refuse' from geocoinstore.com to produce these coins en mass for caches and the LIPS design was sold off. So up until a pear shaped minute or two ago i thought I had my cake and was about to eat it - a trade only coin design and a coin design being dropped in caches.

(BTW if you are wondering why AG isn't on the proud parents list AG asked earlier for her name to be removed from the list of those trading red as the door knocking requesting a jeep got quite copious at one stage.)