What Did You Find Today?

Moun10eer

Well, now that you mention it, today I was grabbing a few caches on the way back to the office from a customers site. After the second one, I noticed there was a newer cache that I would have to detour a bit in order to grab it...what the heck, I'll do it!

I opened it up...and there was a Geocoin Fairy coin!

Woo Hoo!

I chased after a Hobo Dude coin the day after it was dropped off only to find it was picked up the very same day. In the meantime I'm watching the guy who picked it up like a hawk, a geoshadow, a siamese twin. As soon as he drops the coin I'll swoop. :unsure:

We don't seem to see as many coins as you guys would in the USA, apart from a couple circulating around Sydney, I've pretty much "seen" all the ones I can get to easily. I have a watch on a couple to see if they move closer to me to make them easier to get etc.

Over christmas break, we picked up 10 new coins we had not seen before, all back out now of course. We love seeing the variety in the coins that are out there, especially the kids, they think they are pretty cool compared to TB's now. Youngest told me, Dad, TB's are so 2006!

Always watching for new coins to checkout when they come close enough. We also launch coins for people from overseas into Australia though Sydney, which is a pretty good way of seeing new coins at the same time as starting coins on their aussie holidays. If you want coins launched here, contact me, happy to help out with that)

We've seen some cool coins, one of our favs was the Canadian one in the shape of a maple leaf, that was a cool looking coin.

It's been a while since we actually found a coin in a cache. In the six months that we've been caching (just hit our 100th find New Years Day), we have only found 5 or 6 at most in caches. Those Geocoin Fairy and Mouth of the South coins, etc. don't seem to make it to Vermont. Interesting to read what other people are finding though!

Buzz

VT-GeoDevils

Unbelievably and by pure chance, The Geocoin Fairy coin. My mouth is still hanging open! We had to do some cache work nearby and just happened to stop by the cache it was in to see if there were any TBs in there that we could help move along. And there at the bottom in all its glory was The Geocoin Fairy coin. Wow! Really! Thanks Geocoin Fairy!!!! :D

Edited by GPX Navigators

We haven't been out since Sunday, but on Sunday we found a Cache is King (still need to log it discovered now that I think of it :D ) and dropped an unactivated coin. We received a rather surprising email middle of the week when the cacher who put out that King found our "reward" coin on a maintenance run of his own cache! Guess good maintenance pays off :D and karma has a way of coming around.

Great idea for a thread :D

Come to think of it we discovered the king on a maintenance run on our cache - lol!

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

:D Haven't been able to cache much lately, so the last coin I found was in a package via USPS.

A nice fat lil' package from Oakcoins. B)

Never STOP Geocaching, Santa Spinner, & several samples of upcoming coins to be sold on the Geoswag.com site that I had a hand in helping design. :D

Before that, I found a Geocoin Fairy that was specifically left for me hidden "near" a local cache that I hadn't found yet.

Sooo... technically the last coin I found "in" a cache was an Ellis Island Geocoin... and it was a COPY B):D

Been able to log a few at our local group's monthly meeting. Does that count? B)

D-man B)