New York City.... 23rd Street

harrogate hunters

I am popping accross the pond on a quick visit to NY staying in Chelsea Savoy Hotel on 23rd Street.

I will not have a great deal of time to cache as I have never been to NY before and obviously want to do some tourist things !

Can anyone suggest any caches near to my hotel that I can do a quick cache and grab, and also which ones to avoid....

Thanks

Harrogate Hunters, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

I am popping accross the pond on a quick visit to NY staying in Chelsea Savoy Hotel on 23rd Street.

I will not have a great deal of time to cache as I have never been to NY before and obviously want to do some tourist things !

Can anyone suggest any caches near to my hotel that I can do a quick cache and grab, and also which ones to avoid....

Thanks

Harrogate Hunters, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

I suggest you hop on the tube and go up to Central Park. It looks like there are 4 caches in the southeast corner that you should be able to get in one trip. If you're interested email me and I can tell you where to catch the tube, where to get off, etc. There's also a chance I could go with you, since I work in Manhattan 3 days a week.

I work on 34th street between 8th & 9th avenues. There are a couple of caches nearby on 23rd street that shouldn't be too far from your hotel. Look up this cache: GCKQHY, and do a search of nearby caches. Since you must likely don't want to spend all day looking and logging DNF's, check out the previous logs (even the old ones) and check out any photos. Even while doing the tourist trips you should be able to log a couple of virtuals (Empire Strikes Back - GC4D7F - though there is charge to go up to the top). And like hukilaulau said, check out the ones on Central Park if you're up that way. Enjoy your trip. :)