Announcing a Coin for the Community!

UOTrackers

Here is the page I was talking about!

50 people covers about down to people with 29 posts. Of course some are now inactive and you will need to ask permission for the one that have not posted already saying yes.

This could be a good solution! I like the coin idea and hope that it all works out!

That's a pretty cool page!

Good golly AG, 429 posts in just over a year! Do you get mail on Sunday's too?!?

:ph34r:

Man! Go out caching all day, miss a day of this forum, and look what happens! B)B)B)

I realize that things might be at a point where you cannot make any changes, but I did notice that you already had us on the coin, and we are honored that you think enough of our activity to include us on this excellent coin. If it is not too late, we would love to be part of this. Perhaps you should have given folks a couple of days to respond. We don't all come in here every day, you know; sometimes we actually go out and do some caching! :P:ph34r:B)

Whatever works, we're OK with it. Ultimately, the thought is what counts B) And we'll be interested in buying a few, whether we are on it or not.

Here is how to fix your problem:

Sell the spot on the coin for $20.00 for each name. Give the named person 1 coin special finish and then give the balance to charity. Bet that would get the name list to a manageable size.

My Thoughts!

Just saw this... we could go with this, depending upon the charity. Something health-related - American Heart Association, say - or environmental, such as The Nature Conservancy or WWF.

These are just examples- Not done yet! But my back is killing me and I am way tired.

WicksWorks_mbbwn_01.jpgww_mbbwn_2in01.jpg

This is how it would look at 2 inches. The first picture is enlarged to see the names.

ww_mbbwn_3in01.jpgww_mbbwn_3in02.jpg

And this one is at 3 inches. It fits a couple more names onto it.

You might have noticed they are not in the same order. Each time I move names around to get the best fit. I love those small names!

Way cool to see our name on the design. I really hope this project comes to life for I think it's a pretty cool idea and a great way to showcase all of our coin collecting friends. I can see how coordinating all this has become a big job.

...Anthus

Drums please........................

One Hundred and five (give or take) names later, several (15?)redo's.....

And I still have a little space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ww_bm_bubbles_names01.jpg

ww_mailbox_unfinished.jpg

I think I actually got everyone who requested their name be included. Even those who said they could be removed! So, um maybe 10 more names?

The second image is NOT done, I know about the words overlapping! They will be gone once it's filled in!

Drums please........................

One Hundred and five (give or take) names later, several (15?)redo's.....

And I still have a little space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I actually got everyone who requested their name be included. Even those who said they could be removed! So, um maybe 10 more names?

The second image is NOT done, I know about the words overlapping! They will be gone once it's filled in!

You are just too good!

Well done, it looks awesome!!! B) So many names! Can hardly wait to get my hands on these, since I can't meet all you guys in person maybe our one of these coins could (but I'm guessin' there wil be heaps of these coins floating round with the same mission :ph34r: )

P.S. Nooks, I have tried replying several times, will keep trying, Thanks.

Well done, it looks awesome!!! B) So many names! Can hardly wait to get my hands on these, since I can't meet all you guys in person maybe our one of these coins could (but I'm guessin' there wil be heaps of these coins floating round with the same mission :ph34r: )

WOW I hadn't thought of that. Imagine that a mission to meet each of the names on the coin. I think a couple of them are outside the US. Hmmm,maybe I'll do just that, maybe I'll make it into a contest!!!How long till we get these coins?hehe oh yeah I gotta finish the art first!

That is grand!! I'm in for two of however many metals you decide to make.

I have one suggestion. It might be a good idea, if you can, to put two or three dots between each name.

This is obviously an coin that needed to be made. The response has been astounding.

Thank you very much.

And, BTW, what The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er didn't mention is that she idles on grumpy. :ph34r: She told me that, in front of witnesses, many years ago. B)

That is grand!! I'm in for two of however many metals you decide to make.

I have one suggestion. It might be a good idea, if you can, to put two or three dots between each name.

This is obviously an coin that needed to be made. The response has been astounding.

Thank you very much.

And, BTW, what The Truly Unpleasant Mrs. Shop99er didn't mention is that she idles on grumpy. :ph34r: She told me that, in front of witnesses, many years ago. B)

Aww, I bet she's prolly one of the sweetest women I could ever meet. Hopefully one day we'll make it to a Luau! Even if she's slightly grumpy, I bet a cute little baby plopped in her lap would brighten her right up!

Great !! Glad you went with 2 side priniting !! Will make the coin very interesting a snap-shot of our community B) Indeed will be ordering some of these coins, Thanks Jenn. for your efforts !!

How about on the back of the ring perhaps "Forums At Groundspeak"?

Reason I suggest this, is that I have pointed many that never knew about these forums here . If these coins were in the wild traveling to meet cachers it would bring to light "Groundspeak's Forum" presence to cachers :ph34r: Many will log there coins but have no forum user posts , I'm sure you would need to seek approval. another thought for the "ring" design, B)

EDIT TO add,, back ring could read IE ::

"The Forums At Groundspeak"

Edited by glennk721

Looks like I missed out again! I swear, if you don't lurk around these forums every waking moment, you're going to miss out on something! I would love to be on the coin (my name is already on the mock-up but I understand that is not how the final coin will look). If I do get my name on the coin, I would be interested in a couple. I'm going to do my own personal coin one day but just haven't had the funds yet. I like this project, I just wish I had seen it earlier. Perhaps you could do a couple coins if you have enough response? Just a thought.

Would permission need to be granted to use their name? What other requirements would they request in order to use their name?

Dennis I did state in my post that approval would be needed it was concidered when posting , Its to their advantage to have the exposure as well, not sure what other info or logo may be required, was just idea . Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Would permission need to be granted to use their name? What other requirements would they request in order to use their name?

Dennis I did state in my post that approval would be needed , Its to their advantage to have the exposure as well, not sure what other info or logo may be required, was just idea . Glenn

I apoligize for the oversite :laughing: .

If there was still room I wasthinking maybe adding (with permission) Eartha and Flying Spaghetti Monster. They keep everything running smoothly in these parts.

If they want to be added it's fine by me, but I'm down to about 5 name spots left.

Wow! Did I see that you had 5 spots left? If so, I would like to be counted in. I have a short name! DEGAI

I sure hope it isn't too late, I keep missing all the cool stuff. I even tried to post a note this morning, but it wouldn't let me post, I just kept getting error messages. So I gave up in frustration. :laughing:

Looks like I missed out again!

Nope you didn't, I have a little space left, maybe 5 more names will fit deppending on length....so you've been added!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I would have accepted if I was not on the coin but am thrilled I made it. It is obvious this was a great idea from the response. As I see it, the thread was started 1/3/07 in the afternoon and there are over 200 posts maybe 30 hours later! :laughing:

Great coin and a wonderful contest idea.

I don't suppose you could design it with a hole to attach a travel tag?

Cheers,

nooks

PS. Got your addy and thanks, Team Chelmo.

Your coin will be in the mail tomorrow.

I guess we'll have to open a thread so I'll know when you get it. :laughing:

..and now back to our regularly scheduled programing....