ClayJar's Software?

jak61

I use it and am convinced it is the best user interface for viewing a PQ. It doesn't do as much as GSAK, such as uploading to the GPS, renaming waypoints, etc but it will allow you to search for nearest cache, from current cache, home or any set of coordinates you save into it. I use GPSBabel to do all the other things that GSAK will do.

Instructions for Watcher are Open file, click to view. Pretty simple.

I had been an advocate of Watcher since its launch, because of its ease of use. But lately I have been thinking about making the switch over to GSAK. Watcher does not seem to be maintained anymore. It has thrown a "script error" on every page load ever since I upgraded to IE 7.0. It doesn't handle the new six-digit waypoints well. It doesn't handle new log types, other than to label them as question marks.

If Watcher got refreshed I would heartily endorse it as a great entry-level solution for cache planning, sorting, filtering and record-keeping.

I hadn't used Watcher extensively but since installing IE7 have not been able to use it at all. I haven't been able to uninstall it either because of sharing some file with another application. I'm no wizard and this is truly annoying. I emailed the Clayjar owner 1/3/07 but have not received a reply.

While it was working it seemed easy to learn and displayed all the pertinent info from the geocaching website. Too bad it's gone.

(p.s. I'm now a Firefox and Thunderbird user. IE7 has been a nightmare for me)

I hadn't used Watcher extensively but since installing IE7 have not been able to use it at all. I haven't been able to uninstall it either because of sharing some file with another application. I'm no wizard and this is truly annoying. I emailed the Clayjar owner 1/3/07 but have not received a reply.

While it was working it seemed easy to learn and displayed all the pertinent info from the geocaching website. Too bad it's gone.

(p.s. I'm now a Firefox and Thunderbird user. IE7 has been a nightmare for me)

Clayjar has been out of the country for the last few weeks. He's just returned. I'll be sure to point out this thread to him.