Blue circle on 60csx

GRNZOOM

When I go to from GO TO to MAP on my Garmin 60csx there will be a blue circle around the cache location and the back arrow..... sometimes.. not always.

Why is this??

And.. can I switch from GO TO to MAP with out going to FIND - GEOCACHE ect.

Thanks..

Nick

I think I know what you are talking about in your second question. You can change the sequence that pages are shown on your GPS by going to the Main Menu, selecting Setup, then selecting Page Sequence. You can then highlight the page name and hit enter to move it to where you want.

Other than that, you can just press the Page and Quit buttons to move forward and backwards through the pages.

Edited by wpwfs2003

I think I know what you are talking about in your second question. You can change the sequence that pages are shown on your GPS by going to the Main Menu, selecting Setup, then selecting Page Sequence. You can then highlight the page name and hit enter to move it to where you want.

Other than that, you can just press the Page and Quit buttons to move forward and backwards through the pages.

It should also be noted that you can turn pages off so they don't get included when you scroll through. I have quite a few of mine turned off.

When I go to from GO TO to MAP on my Garmin 60csx there will be a blue circle around the cache location and the back arrow..... sometimes.. not always.

Why is this??

You'll get the accuracy circle when you're zoomed in far enough to see it. If your EPE is high/accuracy is low, then you'll see the circle when zoomed out, and it will be bigger as you zoom in. Basically, when the cache/waypoint you're looking for is inside the circle, stop looking at the screen and start looking for hollow logs.

You won't see the accuracy circle when you're locked to roads.

EPE=Estimated Positioning Error. That value, calculated and reported by the GPSr, is what the unit thinks it's error is in terms of feet/meters. For example, an EPE of 10ft means that the device thinks it could be off by as much as 10 feet in any direction, hence the accuracy circle.

Accuracy is less a function "settings," and more of a function of the number of satellites in view, their position (to give the best geometry), signal strength, lack of multipath signal "reflections," and a bunch of other stuff. The only real "setting" that could affect accuracy is WAAS on or off - which has been the subject of many, many threads.

Thank you TeamCNJC for the explanation. I feel better about the blue circle. I went caching yesterday and didn't know what the circle was all about. I espically liked the comment, "when the cache/waypoint you're looking for is inside the circle, stop looking at the screen and start looking for hollow logs".