Creation of 1st Geocoin - Mail Jeep Geocoin

J10fly

I haven't done a coin yet but have had tons of intersting ideas go through my head. Here is one i thought might be something intersting. Headlights would be glow in the dark. Hope this is a good start. I just drew it up tonight. Let me know what you think. Is it worth designing? Any suggestions?

Jayman11

updated the artwork:

MailCoin1.jpg

Edited by jho135

I thought for certain someone was going to use "Wait a Minute, Mr. Postman" in my Recording Artist's series, but no one did.

I think it's a great idea, and a Cool Jeep too!

We had a Jeep driving Postman when I was a teenager. He even had his Steering wheel on the opposite side, even though it was in the USA.

Love your idea! Get 'er done! :laughing:

I haven't done a coin yet but have had tons of intersting ideas go through my head. Here is one i thought might be something intersting. Headlights would be glow in the dark. Hope this is a good start. I just drew it up tonight. Let me know what you think. Is it worth designing? Any suggestions?

Jayman11

MailCoin.jpg

Let's get crazy :laughing::laughing::laughing: , have the door slide and show a geocoin or post man with a bubble mailer. You could incorporate the slider in the colored lines so you would see it from the front at all.

edited for broken arm typing... :laughing:

Edited by Atwell Family

Alright I had a thought that I better add before someone else takes the idea. What if a Mail Box coin was minted to go along with the truck?

Any thoughts? If you think this would be a good idea I would be happy to work directly with the OP if they are OK with the idea.

I am not trying to take away from the OP but thought it would be fun to have them done together. If the OP is not interested in trying to get these done together I would be more than happy to persue the Mail Box on my own.

Input please.

I was thinking about the whole mailbox idea too....I want to get my first coin out of the way first and make sure it is done perfect before I do anything else. If this one does good I have a few other "interesting" designs that I might float out there also. Hopefully I can get this coin going shortly.

Jayman11

Jayman11

MailCoin.jpg

Great idea, just wanted to point out one little thing, the obverse side should be for lack of better description, opposite of the front. Flip the jeep then add the words, do you see what I mean?

Love this whole idea, but there is one potential problem. The USPS eagle emblem is a copyrighted logo, so you had best not include it, or anything even remotely like it, on the coin. There is something that looks a lot like that logo on the fender of the jeep, on the obverse. Don't think that this is a minor issue; the USPS is very protective of its priorities.

BTW: We're in for a few :laughing:

Edited by chaosmanor

JEEP'S , Jeep's and more Jeep's. Count me in got to have a few, Have to love the mailman as well :laughing: Matter a fact I gifted him a Geocoin for the Holidays this year , As he always enjoyed me opening a mailer a day in his presence. I have to activate it and dedicate his coin mission of course to travel safly while holding my precious cargo have the codes in hand , time has been a issue . Cheers, Glenn :laughing:

This is getting out of freaking control. What will be next. IS THERE NO END? The coins could have been fun until people abused it by putting whatever on the coins so they can make a quick buck. Oh well just what I think.

So the mail carriers who bring us the coins have no connection with geocoins at all?

This is getting out of freaking control. What will be next. IS THERE NO END? The coins could have been fun until people abused it by putting whatever on the coins so they can make a quick buck. Oh well just what I think.

So the mail carriers who bring us the coins have no connection with geocoins at all?

Perhaps Pony Express is still used by some :unsure: !! OH NO, there goes another coin design :( .

Perhaps Pony Express is still used by some :unsure: !! OH NO, there goes another coin design :( .

I wonder how long it takes those people to get their coins.... :(

Edited by stepshep

Perhaps Pony Express is still used by some :unsure: !! OH NO, there goes another coin design :P .

I wonder how long it takes those people to get their coins.... :(

Not sure, but it must have been the method of shipping for the Wyoming coins :( !

Jayman11

updated the artwork:

MailCoin2.jpg

Ok tweaked the artwork a little. got rid of the one logo for another on the fender, moved the trackable at geocaching.com, flipped the coins correctly and had to lose a few things that probably wouldnt make it into production. Whatya think?

Jayman11

Edited by jho135

Jayman11

MailCoin.jpg

Let's get crazy :wub::rolleyes::wub: , have the door slide and show a geocoin or post man with a bubble mailer. You could incorporate the slider in the colored lines so you would see it from the front at all.

edited for broken arm typing... :(

This is a GREAT idea! :) We want some! :)

Common guys, not another coin I have to have! :rolleyes: I made a New Years Resolution, NOT to buy every coin that is minted! I can't keep up with the ones I already have. :wub: Gotta get this one though! I'd kick myself from here to CA (coinfest) if I didn't put in for at least 2 of these.

By the way, around here our mail is delivered by snail. (Maybe that could be your next coin.) You'd think we lived in the middle of the north pole. :wub: Actually, we had a wonderful carrier, but they took us off a permanent route & we've had problems ever since.

Put me down for 2. I love it!

This is awesome! I'm glad to hear all of the feedback from you on my 1st coin! I took the first step last night in getting it made. It sounds like I will have samples shortly! As soon as I have some more info or more pics I will post them up!

Jayman11

Hey Jayman, I'm so glad this is coming together for you! Looks like January is Mail Month!