Ski Resorts

I love to ski this time of year , but I was wondering if there are any caches hidden at any ski resort that you can ski to find. If the ski resort is in within a national forest, would you have to get permission of the Forest Service or the ski area management?

I can't remember which area in colorado, but may be keystone or Brekenridge has caches on the ski runs....

There is one at the top of Stratton Mtn in Vt. Also one at the top of Ski Plattekill in NY and on the slopes of Belleayre Mt in NY. When I was skiing at Snowbird UT last season there was at least one on the mountain. I got to within 100 feet of it but the snow was way too deep for me to get there even with skis on.

If the ski resort is in within a national forest, would you have to get permission of the Forest Service or the ski area management?

That's a interesting question. A cache in a fully private ski area would require permission from the ski area management. But many ski areas or parts of ski areas are on forest service or BLM land. I think most reviewers would be OK with caches there as long as they complied with forest service/BLM rules, if any.

Edited by briansnat

This thread came up at a good time for me....I will be going to Colorado with my school to go skiing in March! I will be looking up the different caches on the ski runs here in the next couple weeks so that I can find them when I'm going down the runs. Good to know that their are actually caches on the ski runs....I don't know what I was thinking, but I had the mindset that wasn't allowed! Well forgive me, I'm from Tennessee!