Site Slowdown?

GG528

We see a slow down every year around this time as all the people who got GPS receivers for the holidays try them out. It seems to have started early this year. I think, in addition to people opening their presents early, Groundspeak has be trying to get a jump on the new load by tuning some parameters and that doesn't always have the desired effect. Hopefully it won't get much worse before they have made whatever adjustments they need to handle the load. In the past, it seems they were reluctant to add new hardware for a what they saw as a temporary spike. I hope this year they will be quicker to react.

I've noticed a marked decline lately in site performance. Is it just me, or have others noticed?

Site performance has been an issue for quite a while now. There are threads dating back for at least a year now complaining about some aspect of performance or "server too busy" errors and other performance issues.

Now I fully expect (as has happened in other threads complaining of performance) to get the normal crowd that says "its just temporary", or "this week we will blame it on Christmas", or "its just the weekend and thats normal".

The reality is that there have been performance issues for a considerable amount of time and there has been NO permanent improvement (things get better for a week or two, then get even worse).

I've noticed a marked decline lately in site performance. Is it just me, or have others noticed?

We see this slowdown every year after the holidays; the weather has been particularly good in some parts of the U.S., so I'm not surprised that the slowdown is so noticeable.

We had a significant slowdown last March or April, as I recall, and the folks at Groundspeak did significant tuning and restructuring of the server-side applications. Performance was great all last summer, so I expect once we're over this spike (and weather returns to "normal"), the site will return to normal, as well.

Site performance has been an issue for quite a while now. There are threads dating back for at least a year now complaining about some aspect of performance or "server too busy" errors and other performance issues.

Now I fully expect (as has happened in other threads complaining of performance) to get the normal crowd that says "its just temporary", or "this week we will blame it on Christmas", or "its just the weekend and thats normal".

The reality is that there have been performance issues for a considerable amount of time and there has been NO permanent improvement (things get better for a week or two, then get even worse).

A bit slower than normal the past day or two but it has't kept me from doing anything I wanted to do with the site. Between everbody's vacations and a host of newbies this is not un-expected.

TPTB have stated they are working on a permanent solution to scale better with the exceptional growth of this site.

I am patient.

I suspected slowdowns due to newbies like me. I got my new GPSr mid-December, so I guess I enjoyed the speediness of a normal traffic environment. I'm patient too. I'm loving the new interest and will extend the patience I've been shown.

Thanks for the input fellas!

Edited by GG528

Actually, in the announcements section, Jeremy has stated that he is working with an outside consulting firm to improve site performance. They are well aware of the issues and are taking steps to correct it. It would be great if they could push some magic button and then it would be suddenly be fixed. Most people here understand that it is something that will take time to properly correct. With the features and site integration that is involved with this site and the Waymarking site and the forums, you don't want to throw a quick fix at it that actually breaks many other parts of the site.

yes, it´s not funny anymore. the last two week were a nightmare. sometimes it is working, but most times the site is very very slow, server too busy etc., etc, .....

sure, geocaching is getting more and more popular, but this topic is not coming over night. the problem was available more or less the complete last year. more and more cacher are paying their pm fee, buying geocoin, travelbugs, ... I think we can expect a server system, which allows a normal operation. am I wrong ?

I still don't get this. I have been using Groundspeak quite a bit this last couple weeks, and sure, it's been a bit slow here and there...but not really bad at all. Certainly not even close to a nightmare. Why would it be so different for people? Some say it's bad, others like me say that once in a while it's a bit slow. Hm.

yes, it´s not funny anymore. the last two week were a nightmare. sometimes it is working, but most times the site is very very slow, server too busy etc., etc, .....

sure, geocaching is getting more and more popular, but this topic is not coming over night. the problem was available more or less the complete last year. more and more cacher are paying their pm fee, buying geocoin, travelbugs, ... I think we can expect a server system, which allows a normal operation. am I wrong ?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=150414

Please read paragraph 3.

They are well aware of the issues and are taking steps to correct it. It would be great if they could push some magic button and then it would be suddenly be fixed.

Sorry, but this is a rather straw man argument. No one here is asking for a "sudden" fix. A "sudden" fix was asked for months and months (a year now?) ago. We're far past "sudden."

It's easy to pan off the critics as impatient children looking a gift horse in the mouth. But that ship sailed months ago, and yet the problems still remain.

MrW.

Edited by Mr. & Mrs. Wisearse

Why would it be so different for people? Some say it's bad, others like me say that once in a while it's a bit slow. Hm.

very good question !?

Sorry, but this is a rather straw man argument. No one here is asking for a "sudden" fix. A "sudden" fix was asked for months and months (a year now?) ago. We're far past "sudden."

It's easy to pan off the critics as impatient children looking a gift horse in the mouth. But that ship sailed months ago, and yet the problems still remain.

absolutely correct !!!

I'm right there with Ambrosia on this one... I've been using the site quite a bit over the past couple of weeks. PQs come in on time for regularly scheduled ones and within minutes of submission for new ones. Logging in, looking up cache pages, logging caches and trackables all with no problems at all.

I do notice a bit of a slow down every once in a while... but I haven't gotten a server busy error in a couple of months, and I suspect that was during a scheduled maintenance period.

I understand the frustration that people have, especially when they are paying money (no matter how much it is)... I just don't understand why there is so much disparity between users.

Edited to add: PS. I know it's not the membership issue... I mean I know that Ambrosia and others have Platinum memberships and maybe that's why they don't have problems, but I have a "Rusty Aluminum" membership, so if anyone should have problems it should be me :unsure:

Edited by BRTango

They are well aware of the issues and are taking steps to correct it. It would be great if they could push some magic button and then it would be suddenly be fixed.

MrW.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if the site continues to grow its user base (and the number of things it does for those users) wouldn't a 'fix' made now become obsolute at some date in the future? Or is there a way to simply change something so it will work always and forever?? :unsure:

MrW.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if the site continues to grow its user base (and the number of things it does for those users) wouldn't a 'fix' made now become obsolute at some date in the future? Or is there a way to simply change something so it will work always and forever?? :unsure:

Growth will always require updates, but if GSpeak hired the right outside consultants, they should be able to provide a fix that is easily expandable in the future to handle vastly increased work loads. If not... well... then GSpeak should get their money back.

MrW.

Growth will always require updates, but if GSpeak hired the right outside consultants, they should be able to provide a fix that is easily expandable in the future to handle vastly increased work loads. If not... well... then GSpeak should get their money back.

That sounds similar to what was said by Jeremy in this post :(

The part that said, "Our goal for 2007 is to make the geocaching.com web site incredibly scalable so we can, if we need to, easily ramp up to 5 times the traffic we are receiving now." sounds especially nice.

I'm right there with Ambrosia on this one... I've been using the site quite a bit over the past couple of weeks. PQs come in on time for regularly scheduled ones and within minutes of submission for new ones. Logging in, looking up cache pages, logging caches and trackables all with no problems at all.

I do notice a bit of a slow down every once in a while... but I haven't gotten a server busy error in a couple of months, and I suspect that was during a scheduled maintenance period.

I understand the frustration that people have, especially when they are paying money (no matter how much it is)... I just don't understand why there is so much disparity between users.

Edited to add: PS. I know it's not the membership issue... I mean I know that Ambrosia and others have Platinum memberships and maybe that's why they don't have problems, but I have a "Rusty Aluminum" membership, so if anyone should have problems it should be me :unsure:

Well, yes...I had forgotten about the Platinum memberships. That must be why. :(

Actually, in the announcements section, Jeremy has stated that he is working with an outside consulting firm to improve site performance. They are well aware of the issues and are taking steps to correct it. It would be great if they could push some magic button and then it would be suddenly be fixed. Most people here understand that it is something that will take time to properly correct. With the features and site integration that is involved with this site and the Waymarking site and the forums, you don't want to throw a quick fix at it that actually breaks many other parts of the site.

Your post makes my point!

As far as I can tell, there seems to be a universal agreement in the forums that basically goes "who cares about Waymarking if its going to mess up the gc site". I have seen very little positive reaction to the Waymarking site. They need to quit focusing on the Waymarking site until they can make the gc site stable.

As far as "quick fix" that you mention, they ARE doing just that right now. For the site to be working fine one day, then completely unusable the next, the HAVE to be making some kind of "quick fix" type of change thats breaking the site. These are NOT traffic issues only. I was trying to look at some current cache pages at four in the morning the other day and just got server busy type errors for about an hour before I finally gave up... AT FOUR IN THE MORNING!

As far as the forums?? They run on their own server so the functionality of the site would not affect the functionality of the forums (with the exception that the link to the forums is on the main site for those that don't have it bookmarked, so if no main site, no forums, but thats an easy fix for the user, make a bookmark).

Logging in, looking up cache pages, logging caches and trackables all with no problems at all.

You are just getting lucky.

Really.

I doubt that... maybe you're just hitting it at the unlucky times. I'm saying this in all seriousness and not trying to sound flippant.

I'm using the system at all hours of the day and night and I've put as much stress on the system over the past month as anyone else... the chances of me getting lucky every single time are slim to none.

Your post makes my point!

As far as I can tell, there seems to be a universal agreement in the forums that basically goes "who cares about Waymarking if its going to mess up the gc site". I have seen very little positive reaction to the Waymarking site. They need to quit focusing on the Waymarking site until they can make the gc site stable.

As far as "quick fix" that you mention, they ARE doing just that right now. For the site to be working fine one day, then completely unusable the next, the HAVE to be making some kind of "quick fix" type of change thats breaking the site. These are NOT traffic issues only. I was trying to look at some current cache pages at four in the morning the other day and just got server busy type errors for about an hour before I finally gave up... AT FOUR IN THE MORNING!

As far as the forums?? They run on their own server so the functionality of the site would not affect the functionality of the forums (with the exception that the link to the forums is on the main site for those that don't have it bookmarked, so if no main site, no forums, but thats an easy fix for the user, make a bookmark).

They are working on it, yes Thank you for seeing that fact. Yes, they have put some quick fixes out there. Thank you for helping to make my point that they are working hard on it every day. They are indeed working on the short term fixes and are working on long term fixes, yes. They are so serious about this that they have hired a consulting firm. It sounds to me as if they are doing everything you ask. Sorry they cannot meet your personal time table.

Regarding the forums and integration, if I click your name, don't I go to your profile page? If I go to your profile page, isn't there a link that will give me all of your recent forum posts. Isn't the login password for both the Waymarking site and the geocaching site the same? Isn't the detailed profile information you enter into your profile page on the geocaching site and the Waymarking site the same? When you want to change your avatar for the forums, don't you do it on the GC site through your profile and not using the forums? If you want to change your custom title under your avatar, don't you do that on the GC site and not using the forums? If you want to change your forums signature line, don't you do that using the GC site and not using the forums? If you are such an self proclaimed expert, why can't you see this?

If you actually looked at the Waymarking forums, you will see that one person at Groundspeak is working on Waymarking. I've seen a ton of positive reaction for the Waymarking site. There are many more working on the geocaching part of the site.

Let's make this easy on you. Why not just take a break from the site? You hate it, the people that run it, the way it is run and everything about it. You seem to have a very high stress level because of these issues. Most of the hundreds of thousand of cachers out there probably feel inconvenienced by the site slowness, but they seemingly don't have veins popping out of their neck over angst because of it. My best advice to you is to try to find something that you can have fun doing and go do it. After all, this is a game. I am sure everyone, including you, will be much happier if you take a break and try to find some other form of recreation.

I did my work and renewed my PM.

And what do I read on that site :

Not to mention, you'll be contributing to the support and maintainence of the Geocaching.com site. Thanks!

Now it´s your turn ! I don´t want a new hobby, I want a stabil gc site - or is it forseen as a new PM feature :rolleyes:

All non-PM will be guided to the slow server :wub:

The Waymarking site was designed from the start to be scalable as eventually there will be far more waymarks than geocaches and there could be potentially more traffic on Waymarking.com than on geocaching.com. There has been some indication from Jeremy that the geocaching code and database structure would eventually migrate over to use the Waymarking codebase. At that time many of the Waymarking features would appear on geocaching.com and geocaching will benefit from the more scalable design. This is a long term solution that doesn't address the immediate need to handle the increased traffic at geocaching.com Waymarking code still needs to have features added to support geocaching and TPTB are unlikely to make the change until the Waymarking code is mature.

Let's make this easy on you. Why not just take a break from the site? You hate it, the people that run it, the way it is run and everything about it. You seem to have a very high stress level because of these issues. Most of the hundreds of thousand of cachers out there probably feel inconvenienced by the site slowness, but they seemingly don't have veins popping out of their neck over angst because of it. My best advice to you is to try to find something that you can have fun doing and go do it. After all, this is a game. I am sure everyone, including you, will be much happier if you take a break and try to find some other form of recreation.

Wow. I can't believe I'm reading such a post from a moderator. Aren't you supposed to help foster a safe, comfortable and neutral place for geocachers to post? Instead you go on and attack the man because he holds a contrary position to the Power that Be? My God, you actually suggest he leave the game?! Nice.

Talk about abuse of authority and lack of tact.

MrW.

Wow. I can't believe I'm reading such a post from a moderator. Aren't you supposed to help foster a safe, comfortable and neutral place for geocachers to post? Instead you go on and attack the man because he holds a contrary position to the Power that Be? My God, you actually suggest he leave the game?! Nice.

MrW.

He was very tactful and helpful. He said just what I've been wanting to say, but better than I could say it. This is a game. If you are not having fun, do something else. There are more important things in the bigger picture.

Either Groundspeak is working it's butt off to make this a better site and a better game, or it's not. If it's not, then they are liers who are not even benefiting themselves very well. Which is it going to be? And of course it's the former. We all know that their goal is to promote their subversive religion masquerading as science. You betcha that they're going to be doing everything they can to draw us into their vast web of world dominance. :ph34r:

He was very tactful and helpful. He said just what I've been wanting to say, but better than I could say it. This is a game. If you are not having fun, do something else. There are more important things in the bigger picture.

No, as a moderator, sorry, he was not helpful. Nor was he tactful. Saying "love it or leave it" has never solved any problems.

Hey, here's a novel concept. Did you think that maybe why the OP and others, including myself, are critical of Groudspeak is BECAUSE we love geocaching? Is that so hard for you to see? We all love geocaching, and want it to be the best it can be. And the way it is NOW is not the best it can be. So we offer criticism in the hopes of it actually improving. We haven't seen it improve, and we want it to, therefore we criticize.

Either Groundspeak is working it's butt off to make this a better site and a better game, or it's not. If it's not, then they are liers who are not even benefiting themselves very well. Which is it going to be?

This is exact the type of false dichotomy I'm speaking about. "Love it or leave it," and "they're either fixing it or they're liars" are two simplistic, myopic, childish ways of looking at things. They beauty is in the gray, not the black or white. Have you even considered there are other possibilities? I suppose not. And that's why yes-men and -women will always thrive.

MrW.

Logging in, looking up cache pages, logging caches and trackables all with no problems at all.

You are just getting lucky.

Really.

I doubt that... maybe you're just hitting it at the unlucky times. I'm saying this in all seriousness and not trying to sound flippant.

I'm using the system at all hours of the day and night and I've put as much stress on the system over the past month as anyone else... the chances of me getting lucky every single time are slim to none.

I agree - I am just not seeing the kind of or level of error that some are reporting. At most I see slowdowns - but I am talking about something that normally takes 1-2 seconds - now taking 4 -5 seconds. In the grand scheme of things - I can live with that.

"Love it or leave it," and "they're either fixing it or they're liars" are two simplistic, myopic, childish ways of looking at things.

MrW.

"At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: “O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike." - Matthew 11:25 New Living Translation

:ph34r:

MrW.

I most certainly did not say "love it or leave it". I said take a break. I even made it bigger for you since you read what you wanted to read. Maybe you should consider taking a break yourself?

(Edited to add emphasis where I said "take a break" the second time.)

Edited by mtn-man
"Love it or leave it," and "they're either fixing it or they're liars" are two simplistic, myopic, childish ways of looking at things.

I would like an apology and think Ambrosia deserves one too. You misread my post, admonished me incorrectly, then called me simplistic, myopic and childish. I am going to report your post. I think you owe us a public apology.

How was he helpful?? There was a very strong attitude of go away, and no attitude of help. Its not the first time I've seen this particular moderator say stuff of this nature, both publicly and privately.

Either Groundspeak is working it's butt off to make this a better site and a better game, or it's not. If it's not, then they are liers who are not even benefiting themselves very well. Which is it going to be? And of course it's the former.

Groundspeak has known of problems for quite some time now, this is not measured in days or even weeks, but in months and even hitting years.

Are they working their butt off to make it a better site??? I have serious questions about that, to the point I'm going to say I doubt it unless Jeremy steps in and says that he is.

You say by not working on the site that they are not benefiting themselves? Nothing could be further from the truth. They have been collecting premium memberships in the tune of $2 to $5 million per year in revenues. How do they benefit by not working on the web site? I'll let you do the math. Don't be surprised if Jeremy disappears in the next year or two.

With revenues that this website is generating, why are they just now trying to figure out how to scale the site? This should have happened a long time ago.

People should be critical of the website (which is starting to happen) AND the people behind the website should be responding (which except for some generic post with no dates, timeframes, or actual commitments, they have NOT responded).

Groundspeak has known of problems for quite some time now, this is not measured in days or even weeks, but in months and even hitting years.

They've been incrementally fixed over the years, from new equipment to new machines and code. Over time the increase in visitors causes a whole new level of issues to deal with site performance.

We have brought the big guns in now and are addressing the longer term issues. I mentioned that in the site announcements.

You say by not working on the site that they are not benefiting themselves? Nothing could be further from the truth. They have been collecting premium memberships in the tune of $2 to $5 million per year in revenues. How do they benefit by not working on the web site? I'll let you do the math. Don't be surprised if Jeremy disappears in the next year or two.

I don't remember showing you the books. In all reality you have no idea how much money arrives in the form of premium memberships. Pulling numbers out of a hat is fun but a pointless exercise.

I will say that bandwidth each month is in the tens of thousands of dollars - not to mention the cost of hardware and other services. But generally we don't discuss expenses and income because we're a private company.

We're continuing to work on this but a whole lot of wringing of fists doesn't really help a whole lot. Trust me, when we make some progress we'll let you know. In the meantime we appreciate your patience.

I'm going back to working with the consulting company now. Thanks for your time in reading my message.

I would like an apology and think Ambrosia deserves one too. You misread my post, admonished me incorrectly, then called me simplistic, myopic and childish. I am going to report your post. I think you owe us a public apology.

Both your and Ambrosia's posts on the matter at hand HAVE been myopic, simplistic and childish, and I will not apologize for pointing that out.

Ambrosia is like me, just another geocacher using these boards to discuss a point. We can disagree til we're blue in the face, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Growth is a product of conflict.

You, however, are a moderator and should know better than to even suggest to other geocachers to leave (as you did). Shame on you for your abuse of authority. You should be sanctioned by the other PTB.

Mr. Wisearse.

Both your and Ambrosia's posts on the matter at hand HAVE been myopic, simplistic and childish, and I will not apologize for pointing that out.

Ambrosia is like me, just another geocacher using these boards to discuss a point. We can disagree til we're blue in the face, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Growth is a product of conflict.

You, however, are a moderator and should know better than to even suggest to other geocachers to leave (as you did). Shame on you for your abuse of authority. You should be sanctioned by the other PTB.

Mr. Wisearse.

Once again, I said "take a break". What part of "take a break" do you not understand?

Once again, I am reporting this post. Hopefully reporting your repeated name calling can help you understand what taking a break is all about.

This will stop now.

This will stop now.

I'm sorry I started this thread. I had no intention of expressing dissapproval or touching off a firestorm of angst. To be clear, I am not dissatisfied with Geocaching.com. I appreciate Jeremy, and the entire team for what they are doing to help make geocaching an enjoyable past time. It's new to me. I'm loving it. And I have no intention of holding people's feet to the fire. I greatly admire folks like Jeremy and team who have been able to turn a passion into an occupation.

I will remind myself now, that if I ever get anxious over my hobby, I will step back a moment and remember not to sweat the small things in life. Life is good. I am fortunate in many, many ways. I strive to take the high road. Maybe my GPSr can help me find it! Anyone know the cords? :laughing:

Let's all take a deep breath, get in touch with our higher selves, and send out positive thoughts and energy to each other's higher selves. In so doing, all will be restored, and the universe can continue its blessings upon us.

I think geocaching is fun. Us finding it is no accident. "There are no ordinary moments." - Dan Millman :laughing:

Edited by GG528

:( I'm writing this from work on a T1, so I can eliminate home ISP issues. Feedback anyone?

Me too. I recently could not connect to the site at all - 'Server Too Busy' error. Was that way all day. I'm now having a problem loging on, but I think that's due to a internet explorer setting. Just recently performed and update, and now it accepts the login info but still says I'm not logged in. Ideas?

I have to admit, that things are slower than they should be (especially trying to log on weekends) and I'm disappointed, but most of the angry posters must be a bunch of newbies because it's nothing like this point last year, when you had all the "GPS Christmas present" newbies combined with the masses rushing to log Locationless caches as "free smileys" before they vanished with the new year. At that point you pretty much couldn't go on the site except on weekdays or very very late at night. I can just imagine what it would've been if most of the US and UK had the kind of incredibly warm winter they're having this year as well.

And don't fret, I know that about half of you "Christmas newbies" will within a month or two decide that this is just too geeky, or that you are too "busy" (those are the people who REALLY need to take a break), or are just bored with it and then the site activity will calm down again. (NOTE: This isn't meant as an insult, it is great to try new things and we don't all enjoy them in the end, to the newbies who decide this is great and stick with it, enjoy as well!).

No, as a moderator, sorry, he was not helpful. Nor was he tactful. Saying "love it or leave it" has never solved any problems.

Hey, here's a novel concept. Did you think that maybe why the OP and others, including myself, are critical of Groudspeak is BECAUSE we love geocaching? Is that so hard for you to see? We all love geocaching, and want it to be the best it can be. And the way it is NOW is not the best it can be. So we offer criticism in the hopes of it actually improving. We haven't seen it improve, and we want it to, therefore we criticize.

Either Groundspeak is working it's butt off to make this a better site and a better game, or it's not. If it's not, then they are liers who are not even benefiting themselves very well. Which is it going to be?

This is exact the type of false dichotomy I'm speaking about. "Love it or leave it," and "they're either fixing it or they're liars" are two simplistic, myopic, childish ways of looking at things. They beauty is in the gray, not the black or white. Have you even considered there are other possibilities? I suppose not. And that's why yes-men and -women will always thrive.

MrW.

Mr. Wisearse.

Perhaps you should consider the problem lies not with GC.com, but with you? Just food for thought....

H.

Perhaps you should consider the problem lies not with GC.com, but with you? Just food for thought....

H.

Yeah, that's it. There's NO problem with the GC.com servers, none at all, it's all me. lol Ignorance is bliss. If you'd take a moment to actually investigate the problem, even the Powers That Be here have acknowledged their servers aren't performing well. I'm just not one to sit on my hands and turn a blind eye to shoddy service which others accept it and dumbly grin.

Hiya, hooshis, glad to see you've come to take your personal problems with me and our iecachers.org site to these boards. Are you still logging caches you haven't found?

Oh, and thanks for bumping a thread with over two weeks of inactivity.

MrW.

Yeah, that's it. There's NO problem with the GC.com servers, none at all, it's all me. lol Ignorance is bliss. If you'd take a moment to actually investigate the problem, even the Powers That Be here have acknowledged their servers aren't performing well.

If you'd take a moment to actually read the posts you’d see it’s continually being fixed, It’s just a matter of keeping up with traffic.

They've been incrementally fixed over the years, from new equipment to new machines and code. Over time the increase in visitors causes a whole new level of issues to deal with site performance.

I'm just not one to sit on my hands and turn a blind eye to shoddy service which others accept it and dumbly grin.

I don’t see the fact that GC.com is constantly maintaining and upgrading their servers (to keep up with the traffic) as shoddy service. I see it as doing their job. Just because it’s not done the way you’d want or in your time frame you’d like, you make it GC.com’s problem. I say relax let them do their job and enjoy the fun that geocaching has brought you.

Hiya, hooshis, glad to see you've come to take your personal problems with me and our iecachers.org site to these boards.

I have no problems. I didn’t like the way I was treated on the IEcachers.org forums so I stopped posting on them, no problems.

Are you still logging caches you haven't found?

Funny :rolleyes:

I don’t see the fact that GC.com is constantly maintaining and upgrading their servers (to keep up with the traffic) as shoddy service. I see it as doing their job. Just because it’s not done the way you’d want or in your time frame you’d like, you make it GC.com’s problem.

You have 0 hides and 0 finds, how in the world could you be a judge of how the servers are working? Spending a lot of time logging those 0 finds and 0 hides and getting "Server busy" messages are you?

Here's me laughing at you: :rolleyes:

MrW.

I don’t see the fact that GC.com is constantly maintaining and upgrading their servers (to keep up with the traffic) as shoddy service. I see it as doing their job. Just because it’s not done the way you’d want or in your time frame you’d like, you make it GC.com’s problem.

You have 0 hides and 0 finds, how in the world could you be a judge of how the servers are working? Spending a lot of time logging those 0 finds and 0 hides and getting "Server busy" messages are you?

Here's me laughing at you: :rolleyes:

MrW.

Who said I had to log anything to have fun geocaching? Just because I need an account to get the coordinates for a cache it doesn’t mean I have to log it.

On the same note I have had no problems logging in or bringing up cache pages.