Parrolet

Geocoin: Humane Society of York County

Size: 1.5"

Finish: 250 Copper

Trackable on geocaching.com: Yes

Manufacture: Oakcoins

Icon: Yes

Humane Society of York County Animal Shelter Copper Geocoin

There are 250 Shinny Copper Geocoins. 150 Geocoins will be listed for sale on Geoswag.com while 100 Geocoins will be on Ebay listed under "geocoin humane" from time to time with 95% of the money going to the Humane Society of York County charity. There are a few already listed there now. The other 5% will go to help pay Paypal/eBay fees.

This beautiful coin will make an excellent addition to your geocaching geocoin collection.

The money for the Ebay auction will be going towards a Boy Scouts Eagle project for the Humane Society of York County, South Carolina. 95% of the proceeds will go to the shelter to help the Boy Scout. The Boy Scout has chosen to do his Eagle Scout project as a remodeling and improvements project for the animal shelter.

He will be helping make the living conditions better for the animals.

He will be patching and repairing holes in the walls where rodents have made their way in.

Repair walls from where the larger dogs have damaged the walls from clawing at them.

Repainting the shelter.

Redo some of the cages.

Some other various repairs.

In the next couple of days, they will be live at geoswag.com:

http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/gsf.html

Depending on how these sell, we may make another 250 coins in a different finish with proceeds to support the Humane Society.

f8459659-b4f9-443f-bb1b-7a747272c07d.jpg

Artwork and icon by Jamie of MadHattersneverland

Edited by Parrolet

Several more have just been added to the auction site. :laughing:

What a great coin and cause! As an owner of two adopted labradors and two adopted cats, I'm looking forward to buying at least two coins. :laughing:

I wanted to create this coin to create donations for a worthy cause. I have purchased several coins just to in turn auction them for the Humane Society. So I thought why not have one made for them. Two of my teenage children work and volunteer at this shelter as well and we also foster tiny puppies and kittens until they are able to be adopted. My family has also adopted two puppies that we had fostered that are now grown up. One you can see on my profile page.

So my son decided to do his Eagle Scout Project for them at the shelter by doing improvements. The whole project for supplies is costing them a little more than $800.00 so far.

My daughter is a Girl Scout also and will shortly be doing her Gold Star Project for them as well by taking contributions of supply items like blankets, towels, food, litter, dishes, litter pans, formula, baby bottles, newspapers, and so on.

Anyhow I just thought I would give some back ground on why this coin was created and thank you for your support.

Edited by Parrolet

Saw these on ebay and hope to get one. (The icon is very cute and I have a thing for grey cats.) I work for the Humane Society of Central Oregon in Bend and have been wanting to do a charity coin for them. The problem of course is the up front cost. How did you foot the bill?

Jennifer

(Half of Goudacat)

I don't think they are sold out. There were only a few placed in the cart this morning.

The goal of this coin is to get money flowing towards the Humane Society. As posted above, our coins will be up in the next couple of days.

Between now and Sunday, we will slowly drop coins in the cart. On Sunday, we will put whatever is left in the cart. We prefer to have people take a look at a few of the different auctions to support this cause.

Hope that helps!

Woo hoo! I think I just got one from the geoswag site. At least it let me put one in my cart and paypal for it. All our dogs (3 at the Rainbow Bridge and 2 at home) as well as our "grand-cat" are rescues. We also help transport dogs for a rescue organization from time to time - a great cause!

Mrs. Car54

:rolleyes: So far $208.54 has been donated! Great support! Many thanks and keep purchasing. Only the ones on EBay are having the proceeds donated and these proceeds are automatically donated as soon as they are purchased from there through MissionFish to the Humane Society of York County.

I will later post where everyone can see pictures of the project and it's progress and some of the animals that we have fostered and adopted. If anyone whats to check them out.

I am unable to order these so if any one has an extra or 2 to trade shoot me an email.

Team Sand Dollar

If you want a coin now, you can go to this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Humane-Society-Geocoin...1QQcmdZViewItem

95% of the money from the auction will be donated to a 501.3c Charity.

Remember to consult your Tax Advisor about Tax deductions.

These are still available on the auction site. LOOK HERE.

:ph34r:

We just got one through the purchase link. We checked first thing this morning and it said they were sold out, so we kept trying at various times throughout the day. Eventually, when we added one to the cart just a couple of minutes ago, we were able to complete the transaction. I guess keep trying throughout the day and you might have some luck!

We placed our bid on E-Bay. Can't seem to catch any for sale at Geoswag, and this is such a great cause, we HAD to bid on one! :laughing:

:ph34r: Thanks! I will be sure all the puppies slobber kisses all over your coin before I ship it to you. :laughing:

just kidding, maybe they will lick the envelope closed for me or the postage. :unsure:

You can check them out HERE This is just a few of them. I haven't finished uploading all the photos yet for the project or foster animals.

Paula,

I was able to purchase 2 coins in the Geoswag store this afternoon,

but I decided to purchase one just now on Ebay.

Please disregard shipping the One nyallieny just bought from you on Ebay,

and Sell it Again, on Ebay. This gives you a Double Donation for the Humane Society.

Best Regards! :laughing:

~Allie

:D Thanks! I will be sure all the puppies slobber kisses all over your coin before I ship it to you. :D

just kidding, maybe they will lick the envelope closed for me or the postage. :D

You can check them out HERE This is just a few of them. I haven't finished uploading all the photos yet for the project or foster animals.

We also have a lot of puppy slobber here! I can't look at your pictures as I will want another dog!! But its too late I took a peek :D Your Dolly is a doll too.......

:D Thanks! I will be sure all the puppies slobber kisses all over your coin before I ship it to you. :D

just kidding, maybe they will lick the envelope closed for me or the postage. B)

We also have a lot of puppy slobber here! I can't look at your pictures as I will want another dog!! But its too late I took a peek B) Your Dolly is a doll too.......

Can you say SPOILED ROTTEN she is! She is my geo-dog when she is able. She is only 1 1/2 and already has food allergies and really bad hips (just my luck). She loves to go but I have to be very careful we only do low terrian type caches that do not require a great deal of walking. She also LOVES to play mother hen to all the young pups and kittens we foster.

Many Thanks!! :D

I sent everyone an email that purchased theirs from EBay. Please let me know if you did not recieve it. B)

The one I bought was one of the five that ended yesterday, but haven't received any email.

Check your email now and let me know if you get it. Thanks!