.loc file coordinates

java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_4')

:DI received a Magellan Meridian Gold GPS for Christmas and have been out geocaching over New Years weekend with fairly good success (6 finds including 2 multi caches out of 9 tries). I've noticed however, that when I download a .loc file and look at the coordinates in my GPS, the coordinates are slightly off what the web page shows.

Is this a function of the Magellan and the download process? Or is it the .loc file?

The downloaded coordinates seem to work fine (at least the ones I found).

When I hand enter the coordinates from the web page they are usually off by as much as 100'.

However, when I did multi-caches, the coordinates I hand entered seemed to work, so I'm a bit puzzled.java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_12')

:D

Can anyone explain this mystery to me? :D

I too have had coordinates come out slightly off with downloaded GPX files, but it is a very rare occurrence....I think only once actually. As far as being 100 feet off....it happens. I did a plan session for your home coordinates and it shows that (today) there is a great downward spike in availability for you from 7 to 10 am. Could it have been during that time of day?? My "plan sessions" show satellite availability and PDOP which translates to Positional Delusion of Precision. Bunch of big words that translate to "lousy time of day for GPS reception." Easiest thing to do is check your GPSr and see how many satellites you are tracking and what the estimated accuracy is. You then know you may have to extend your search.