Cacheing workmates

The HERB5

Knew of at least 3 where I used to work - but changed jobs a couple of months ago and don't know of any now

(Anybody on here from Devon County Council :D ??)

Hi Tim, Andy Snell (Snells Pace) is a cacher.

There are two that I know of where I work (me and Douglouse)

25% of us in my office are cachers (that's 2!!). I got Giav into it, but as he is even more of a gadget person than I am, he didn't require much convincing! :laughing:

My neighbour is a cacher. He started before me, I was having a gloat about my new hobby to him and he said 'yeah, we do that too!' dur!

2 in our office sitting 2 desks apart and one wannabe (she enjoys going with me occasionally but doesn't go alone)

Oddly enough the 2 of us that cache regularly discovered it 2 days apart from each other through totally different ways. Either way we pop out every now and then after work for a cache or two (Usually with torches at this time of year!)

Edited by Bambography

I'm the only cacher at my Work.

But I see that there are at least 2 Posties in Milton Keynes and wondered if they knew each other.

Anybody know a cacher at their Work ?

Do you mean me? ;) ......or does that mean there are 4 of us mad posties in MK?

I'm a closet cacher.....most reluctant to go public....people just don't understand! :(

But I see that there are at least 2 Posties in Milton Keynes and wondered if they knew each other.

Do you mean me? ;) ......or does that mean there are 4 of us mad posties in MK?

I'm a closet cacher.....most reluctant to go public....people just don't understand! :(

Yes, this means you...

:)

JEDDi Knight 100 formally AKA Dockerk

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=2641195

The office I work in only has about 7 staff, most of which wouldn't be at all interested in caching (I think) However one chap (my Technical Manager) might be interested.

He's into walking big time and also likes birdspotting and the general outdoor stuff, thing is, I can never think of a way of introducing him to it without it sounding a bit weird. :(

A few weeks after the Oxford camping meet last year Becky of "The Hoomer" stood in front of me at my desk and said "it is you isn't it?". With a bemused look not knowing what on earth she was on about I replied "last time I looked, yes!". Then I thought hang you look familiar (if a little bit sober <_<), which is when she explained that she is responsible for the building evacuation list and saw my name and decided to investigate. It turned out that she was only 5 doors down the corridor, but we had never met at work and hadn’t mentioned our work at the meet whilst sharing a few glasses of squash.

I also have a colleague who often comes out with me for lunchtime caching trips, but so far he has resisted logging any or getting a GPSr; I'm working on that though :huh:.

Edited by Phillimore Clan

No cachers work with me..... the closest I got was last summer when there was article on geocaching on the local news. One of the guys at work thought it sounded a fun way of getting his family out and about so I offered to lend him my GPS but he never took me up on it..... apparently his girlfriend didn't fancy the idea.

I still occassionally try and convince them to give it a go, but they just don't seem to understand how much fun it can be searching for ammo cans in the mud!!

<_< Contact needed to UK-geocacher nivekpenrith :laughing:

One of my wandering TBs has gone stray for rather long time ago now and according to my inquiries upon

this subject it looks like UK-geocacher nivekpenrith may be the last person who may have taken it.

I've tried to contact nivekpenrith via geocaching.com e-mail service, but this cacher seems to failed noticing

my messages.

So. I need some help from the community. If you happen to meet nivekpenrith during your cache hunts,

please, remind him that his response is gravely needed to locate "TB Red Mercedes".

According to geocaching.com profile this handle is a premium member since Sept-2005 and he has found

410 caches found, 24 hidden and he's been accessing the net Jan-09, 2007. He's a health worker and he lives in Telford.

Any assistance in finding my TB is very much appreciated. This TB is sent to its way by my son who has observed it's

passage throughout its journey. He would be delighted if this TB can be found yet again.

Member Aki from Team Pitkis, Finland

:ph34r: Contact needed to UK-geocacher nivekpenrith :ph34r:

One of my wandering TBs has gone stray for rather long time ago now and according to my inquiries upon

this subject it looks like UK-geocacher nivekpenrith may be the last person who may have taken it.

I've tried to contact nivekpenrith via geocaching.com e-mail service, but this cacher seems to failed noticing

my messages.

So. I need some help from the community. If you happen to meet nivekpenrith during your cache hunts,

please, remind him that his response is gravely needed to locate "TB Red Mercedes".

According to geocaching.com profile this handle is a premium member since Sept-2005 and he has found

410 caches found, 24 hidden and he's been accessing the net Jan-09, 2007. He's a health worker and he lives in Telford.

Any assistance in finding my TB is very much appreciated. This TB is sent to its way by my son who has observed it's

passage throughout its journey. He would be delighted if this TB can be found yet again.

Member Aki from Team Pitkis, Finland

Wrong thread!!! :laughing:

Does look like his name may be Kevin Penrith.

Edited by Sensei TSKC

I know 7 other cachers where I work. On one occasion I activated a new cache I'd placed while at work and watched a mad scramble out of the door to get it when it was approved. There was some goading of the people that were unable to leave their desk at the time. Very Funny. :)

No other cachers at my workplace although the person who introduced me to caching sits at the next desk. He once described to me the behaviour of "a couple of nutters armed with a GPS" that he encountered while out birdwatching. It sounded interesting so I typed a few words into google.