Need some GPS Help

nelliehope

I recently purchased my first hand held GPS... We can put in the Southerly and Easterly co ordinates but when you get to this point in the cache it tells you to make cardinal adjustments which show as Northerly and Westerly co ordinates.. How on earth do you work this out to find the cache??? We have taken the GPS to the fishing and tackle shop along with a clue showing these co ordinates that change from S E to N W and they don't even know how to work that out.. It must be something so simple to do but no one seems to know how to do this.. So we are unable to find any cache's that require you to put in a second set of co ordinates on the GPS cause we dunno how to change these S E readings to N W readings. HELP HELP HELP please.

It sounds like you are referring to a specific cache. In order to be able to answer your question, it would be most helpful if you included the name and GC # of the cache you are referring to.

Example of what I am trying to say... GCZHQ8 (Rocky Icons - A local Ace)

These are the co ordinates given to find the first part of the cache.

S 23° 22.060 E 150° 30.165

Then once you find that and use the clue given to get to the next part... you then must enter these co ordinates...

"the following cardinal adjustments should help to pin point the cache's location, if you can get a reliable fix on the bust...

N 0 00.606 W 0 00.746"

If your GPS is set on the co ordinates S... E... but then you have to make cardinal adjustments to N... W.... how do you do that? Its probably something so simple.. Not even the people we purchased the GPS from know.. All they said was its something people in the USA use.

If your GPS is set on the co ordinates S... E... but then you have to make cardinal adjustments to N... W.... how do you do that? Its probably something so simple.. Not even the people we purchased the GPS from know.. All they said was its something people in the USA use.

Just a guess here, It seems like they are trying to tell you to add or subtract that amount. If you have an East reading and you adjust it West does the number get bigger or smaller? :laughing:

Example of what I am trying to say... GCZHQ8 (Rocky Icons - A local Ace)

These are the co ordinates given to find the first part of the cache.

S 23° 22.060 E 150° 30.165

"the following cardinal adjustments should help to pin point the cache's location, if you can get a reliable fix on the bust...

N 0 00.606 W 0 00.746"

Hopefull I will not get this backwards but he wants you to go north and west by an amount which should make it

S 23 21.454 E 150 29.419.

Please excuse any errors. I am standing on my head trying to make sure I am doing this right. :laughing:

I see you are very new to this so welcome to one of the many twists you will see. These changes you see here are what I call redirectors.

Congrats on your first find. You only have 345396 more to go until you have them all.

:laughing: