eTrek Legend Cx Autorouting Problem

busybear

I have a eTrek Legend Cx and I am having problems with the autorouting feature. I have Metroguide v6 maps loaded on the unit. When I try to do an autoroute I get strange results for the mapping. It takes me way out of the way usually making the trip 2x longer than need be. The route is nothing I would every use. The MapSource software produces perfect routes. I can't download the detail to the unit because the "Include route calculation data" box is greyed out. What am I doing wrong? Is my map software not capable of routing? Thanks.

Mine is the same way. I use Metroguide 7.

I use the waypoint tool and mark all the Exits that I turn on.

That keeps the eTrek Legend cx on the route.

I’m sure there’s another way.

Maybe someone that knows a better way will post it and help us both out.

eagle-2

MetroGuide will only do autorouting on the PC. The routing data is stripped when the map data is sent to the GPSr, so the GPSr is only using the basemap to autoroute. The basemap can only route from city-to-city.

You can use another program to send your MetroGuide map data to the GPSr and the routing data will get through to the GPSr. "Sendmap" is one such program. "Img2gps" is another. Search the forum for these terms for more info.

...OR you could simply buy the proper maps for your unit (which would be City Navigator v8)

Edited by Neo_Geo

MetroGuide will only do autorouting on the PC. The routing data is stripped when the map data is sent to the GPSr, so the GPSr is only using the basemap to autoroute. The basemap can only route from city-to-city.

You can use another program to send your MetroGuide map data to the GPSr and the routing data will get through to the GPSr. "Sendmap" is one such program. "Img2gps" is another. Search the forum for these terms for more info.

...OR you could simply buy the proper maps for your unit (which would be City Navigator v8)

Thanks for the info. I kind of came to that conclusion after reading other posts and visiting Garmins website. It looks like I'm going to have to buy City Navigator V8 to get the full function of the unit. It was a little misleading because the unit appears to be routing and the maps are available. I should have suspected something wasn't working correctly. It took only a second to do the routes. Best price I could find was $110 US. Does Garmin give discounts to previous owners of their products when you want to upgrade to the latest versions? Happy hunting, Busy Bear

Does Garmin give discounts to previous owners of their products when you want to upgrade to the latest versions? Happy hunting, Busy Bear

Only when upgrading to a newer version of the same title. No discount for going from MetroGuide to City Navigator.

Try Amazon.com. They have it for $105 with free shipping.

Tried Img2gps with Metroguide NA v6 maps and it worked pretty well. Autorouting works on downloaded maps as expected. Thanks for the suggestion.