Print to PDF suggestion

Lupes

Thanks for having this functionality. I would like to suggest that you 1) number the pages 2) put the name of the cache and/or waypoint on each page.

I printed a handful of caches this weekend so that we could take some friends caching for the first time and when the pages got mixed up in the car, I couldn't tell what page 2, 3 etc. went with each cache page.

Thanks again!

Hey Lupes,

Way back when I was printing pages (3-4 years ago), I use to print two pages per sheet. On your printer control board, you have settings that you can adjust.

Select the cache page to print:

Option 1

Under the "Print PDF" I usually selected no logs, and then printed the page out. Once printed, I read the cache page and looked for any helpful hints that may have mentioned (i.e.: I stepped on it twice, or I bumped into it three times, or it's winter accessible). I then wrote this down on the print out cache page. Sometimes I even hit the (hint) decrypt button for the clue, if I thought it was going to be hard to find. Why waste time doing it by hand in the field.

Option 2

Select the print friendly (no logs) button.

Then on your browser tool bar, select <file>, <print> on the new screen, select <properties> then look for <print layout> and select the <booklet format> and press the <ok> button.

You are now back on the print screen, and find your print ranges section. Your selections may be <All>, <Pages>, and <Selections>. I select the <Pages> and then tweak the output numbers to just pages "1" and "2" only. Then select the number of copies to <1>, unless you plan on making hand outs for your caching party!

**There is a (formatting) problem sometimes printing out these cache pages.** At times you will get a blank first page, then the actual printing starts on page two. I've never been able to figure out the reason some cache pages print ok, and others skip the first page.

So I tweaked the way I printed using MS Word, by using the cut and paste method by:

"a)" Going to the cache page, then select and copy the cache name,

":anitongue:" Then I skipped over the map, and copied the rest of the info and pasted it to word doc.

"c)" I then edit it, by removing all the unnecessary filler stuff.

"d)" I then print it out, that way.

Option 3

Since then I’ve gone paperless.

That means, using a pda to hold all your cache pages instead of printing them. You can buy a cheap and efficient pda for $20.00, and there are several programs that you can use for free. To learn more on paperless goto http://www.geocacher-u.com/resources/paperless.html

Hope this helps you out.

SF1