City Select v. City Navigator

Happy New Year To All,

I have been running City Select v.6 in my 60CS since its purchase in June 2004. I now see that version 7 is out. Were there any changes made to how the software works either in a computer and/or in the GPSr, or was it only an update of the maps and POIs, etc.?

Also, what is the difference between City Select and City Navigator? Maybe I knew back when I bought everything, but not now.

Lastly, any thoughts on whether to bother upgrading from v.6? I am generally very happy with its navigating abilities up here in New England, as well as places up and down the east coast that we have traveled to. While I usually have no objection to spending $ for new fun and useful stuff, will I be getting anything that I don't already have?

Thanks.

KeepOnTruckin

/s/ Nick

These are answered in more detail in the FAQs pinned at the top of the group, but since V8 has been out for several months now and City Select has been obsoleted in favor of City Navigator, it's pretty much just a historic curiosity at this point. :-)

Use the map preview feature on Garmin's site to see if it's worth it to you.

It appears that the maps are bigger in City Navigator and the 60CS is memory limited. I’m always messing around with my map-sets every time I go someplace new and it’s kind of a pain. I imagine that with larger maps it will be tougher to fine-tune what I need.

But I guess if I want updated maps, I’ll have to upgrade to CN sooner or later.

Thanks.

KeepOnTruckin