[Update] Secret geoAgent Geocoin & Decoder v1.5 Geocoin

Anthus

Happy New Years all.

I got word from the coin company that my coins should be arriving at my house sometime next week. So I anticipate shipping them out to everyone starting next weekend.

Also, I thought I'd share the icon for the Secret geoAgent with everyone.

Anthus%20Secret%20geoAgenIcont32.gif

Thanks....Anthus

These just arrived at my house today. Unfortunately, the Decoder v1.5's are wrong. They were not supposed to have the lens in them but they all have a lens in them. This makes the coin useless when trying to find a Decoder cache for you need to see through the hold in the coin (where the lens is). I'm not sure what to do with the Decoder v1.5's now. I will have to contact the coin company -- the proofs did not have the lens in them. :D

If the Decoders were not used for hiding/finding caches, I would just let it go and send them out as is. What are your thoughts?

I will keep all of you updated.

Sorry for any inconvenience.......Anthus

P.S. The Secret geoAgents turned out awesome and so did our personal geoPins.

Greets, I kind of like the lens :D . How many people will use the decoder as a actual puzzle solver ? I think that is the key to this answer. I am fortunate to have the V1 coin can be implemented when I get my butt out caching :D

Personally think the majority of these coins will end up in collections. "YOUR" coins have become highly sort after collectibles, I personally would release to the wild a more generic coin in fears of muggles/coin theft some are meant for collecting some are more suitable travelers . I do understand that these are meant to be functional as well hence your question/problem at hand .

I ordered 3 sets of these. Matters not for me that they have a lens think its cool :D . I would except my shipment any way they come, but you must take the feedback from the majority, sorry you are ending up with a tough decision ! , It's a great coin , Love all the little men :D . I see a black coat WOOT, These must be special and would love one of those too :D

Well, I wasn't planning on using mine for a puzzle cache or anything so I don't mind the lens. In fact, I kind of like it.

Same here probably, mostly because I would not know how to use it for a cache. However, I love puzzle caches thus the love for these coins but am always eager to learn new things (like how to use these coins for a puzzle cache.) Are there instructions on your site as to how to use them for a cache? If I decide to use one for a cache we could probably pop the lens out, drill a hole and chain it to the container - only to keep it from being removed. So we would deface it anyway for a puzzle cache.

As Glenn stated above we would not send this out as a traveller. It would not make it very far. :D

Whatever you decide works for us. If you want to get them fixed we will wait. These coins are worth it. :D

Well, I wasn't planning on using mine for a puzzle cache or anything so I don't mind the lens. In fact, I kind of like it.

I think the lens is cool also. And like GPX Navigators said, if someone does decide to use it for a puzzle cache, then can pop the lens out themselves.

I'll try to address all the questions and comments below:

I was just wondering why it doesn't work with the lens in it? Too blurry to read?

Windrose

The lens makes it blury because of the size of it.

:huh:size=1]what can I say but:WOW!!! That's a lotta boxes!

The boxes look bigger in the pic than they really are and include coins for both the Decoders and the Secret geoAgents and also the Anthus geopins.

..."YOUR" coins have become highly sort after collectibles.....

Thanks for the kind words.

Hmmmm I noticed the black ones too. I dont remember seeing those on the preorder. :D

Jayman11

The black ones were not for sale. They are for FTF prizes, geo event prizes, and special trades.

Hi Folks. Never heard of a decoder coin before.... I'm intrigued!! How would one use a decoder coin, and what would it decode??

You can learn more about the Decoders at my web site. Scroll to the bottom and you will see a sample decoder image. Here is a link to our Anthus Decoder cache. Here is one done by CacheDetectives. And, here is another one.

Was wondering if this decoder is needed to complete your cache, or if it can be done without it.

If so, then I have no problem with lens.

You must have a coin in order to do most caches that use the Decoder geocoin -- that's what makes the cache unique and fund to do. My cache is a multi cache. I put a coin in one of the stages and so far (knock on wood) no one has taken it.

I would probably create a cache using your coin at some point, but I could wait for a v.2.5 or v.3 or whatever is will be called. Therefore, I would accept the current coin "as is". But if you decide to have v.1.5 redone, I could wait too. Either way, you have my support!

Unfortunately we found another problem with the Decoder coins. There is a paint error as shown below. Many of the coins have white color between the arm holding the magnifying glass and the face. This should be metal. The one on the left is correct and the one on the right is incorrect. Sorry to bring more bad news.

....Anthus

decoder%20v1_5%20paint%20mint%20error.jpg

Unfortunately we found another problem with the Decoder coins. There is a paint error as shown below. Many of the coins have white color between the arm holding the magnifying glass and the face. This should be metal. The one on the left is correct and the one on the right is incorrect. Sorry to bring more bad news.

....Anthus

decoder%20v1_5%20paint%20mint%20error.jpg

Thanks for all of the updates, I really appreciate being kept in the loop, so I don't feel like I've been passed over, or that you have forgotten to ship out my coins. I just appreciate the fact that you are very concerned about the coin and you want what's best. That's fine by me. Just keep us posted and let us know when they are fixed and ready for shipment.

I've been informed by Oakcoins today that the remint of the coins are on their way to my house. I'll let you know when they arrive and will start shipping them immediately.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see them!

DITTO markz68

The package came in one of those special "whoops we distroyed your package" envelopes Lucky the coin was still in there but i dont know if i was supose to get a pin but i didn't receive it. I love the coin by the way.

= ( sorry your packaging was destroyed

I randomly selected some packages to include a free pin in so there is no way for me to tell if you package had one in it. Luckily your coin was still there. Makes me wonder if the post office here gets curious to see what's in all those mailers that I dropped off. The guy behind the counter did tell me that an employee there does cache -- there is even a cache behind the post office.