Garmin IQue 3000

Manco46er

I just purchased a Garmin IQue 3000 and can't figure out how to download cache waypoints to it. Specifically, how do I download cache waypoints to it so when I'm using the gps navigation the caches show up on the map and in "my Locations"? Can this be done even at all. I assume it can be done, that way when i'm out caching I can simply click on "My Locations" and select the nearest cache and automatically route to it. Thanks for the help.

I assume the GPS and PDA software is the same as on the iQue 3600 that I have. (Just checked and it is)

Get yourself a program like Cachemate on your PDA and GSAK on your computer

You can then download .GPX files from geocaching into a program like GSAK. from GSAK you can export the cache waypoints as a Cachemate file and then you can use your palm hotsync function to get it onto your iQue.

Once you have hotsynced and you start Cachemate on the iQue it will import all the cache waypoint you just hotsynced into cachemate. Once you have the cache waypoints in cachemate you have to export them to your iQue address book. You need to do this to be able to view the wayponts on your Garmin map.

This is a quote from the iQue 3000 website.

Que technology connects the Palm Address Book and Date Book to the GPS electronic map so that users can navigate directly to a specific address from the user’s contact database or date book.

To export the waypoint to your Garmin map you will see a small button at the bottom of the cachemate main screen that says "ex" Just follow the instructions from there.

CacheNav is a GPS navigation program, designed specifically for use with CacheMate. It receives and displays real-time information from a connected NMEA-compatible GPS receiver, or the one built into the Garmin iQue. When launched as a CacheMate plugin, it provides "goto" navigation functionality

cachenav_anim.gif

Hope the info helps!

I've tried all sorts of programs and downloads on my 3600. I find the combination of GSAK on my computer, Cachemate and Cachenav on my iQue to be the best combination. With these programs the interfase between geocaching, the PDA and GArmin works the best.

Edited by geocacher_coza

[

To export the waypoint to your Garmin map you will see a small button at the bottom of the cachemate main screen that says "ex" Just follow the instructions from there.

Where is this 'ex' button you speak of??! Have the latest ver of Cachemate and Cachenav and don't have this button (anywhere I can find at least!)

I too have been trying to beat my IQue into submission, and this thread has been a great help on how GSAK and Cachemate interact! Thanks! I am just not seeing how to move the data to my Map view.

We were having the same problem with there being no 'ex' button. We stumbled across a post by Red90 that says the following:

You need to install the iQue plugin that comes with Cachemate to the iQue. The file is called "iQueMapping.prc" and can be found in the Cachemate ZIP file. Just double click on it to add it to the next hotsync.

Once installed, there is a box labelled "Map" on each cache page and a box labelled "Ex" on the list page. Both of these export caches to the address book.

We searched for iQueMapping on our PC and found it easily. We added it to our next hotsync. When we hotsynched it there were no problems. We opened Cachmate on our iQue and voila we had an 'ex' button. It works like a charm.

Edited by Sask_girl & Novy