New Year coin giveaway

EScout

I was hiking and doing some cache maintenance today. I put coins as trade items in two of my caches including Catalina View, GCG1DF.

catalinaviewaprilflowerod4.jpg

From Catalina View cache in April.

The geography question is what is the highest peak (summit) within 26 miles of the listed coordinates (WP1) of Catalina View, and what is the distance and bearing from the coords to this summit. Those familiar with topo map programs can solve this in seconds. You can solve it with just your GPSr if you have the topo maps of this area. Hints: already given. Another hint is the translation of the archaic language name of the summit, meaning "place of playing waters."

First two who solve get choice of a geocoin of old 2005 vintage

List: Calif 05, Texas, Texas Autumn 05, DallasFW Gold 05, Calgary Cachers, Utah 05, Washington 05, Alaska 05, Indiana , Maryland 05gc, N Dakota Horseshoe 05, Wisconsin CRC 05, Wisconsin Deer 05 gc, Katrina Relief 05, Canine #1 & 2 05, New Mexico 05gc, KTAG 05, Penn Keystone State 05gc, CCGC CITO, Iowa 05gc, Tennessee 05gc, North Carolina 06gc, New York 05gc, Delaware 05gc, Maine 05 (all gc coins are unregistered, new, and uncirculated.)

Please EM or PM before Jan 2. Happy New Year.

Just back from dinner.

PassingWind won with the exact answer. You get first pick.

The second coin is still available. Several others came close, but what I want is distance in miles, bearing in degrees true. I am answering back those who came close right after I send this.

We have a second winner: ByrnedFish. Congratulations to you and PassingWind. Please email me with your pick and address.

The answer:

Mount Orizaba

25.1 miles, 193 degrees true from GCG1DF

In the photo it would be on the left side of the Catalina Island.

Thank you all for trying. Good job.

Today at the cache site it was sunny and breezy, about 62F high. Temp now is 55F.

Happy New Year to all.

We have a second winner: ByrnedFish. Congratulations to you and PassingWind. Please email me with your pick and address.

The answer:

Mount Orizaba

25.1 miles, 193 degrees true from GCG1DF

In the photo it would be on the left side of the Catalina Island.

Thank you all for trying. Good job.

Today at the cache site it was sunny and breezy, about 62F high. Temp now is 55F.

Happy New Year to all.

thanks, PM sent with address and first choise. Happy new year