Sign Language Coin

AtwellFamily

I lke the backside. I think the front needs work. I don't care for the proposed front side artwork at all.

Any ideas what I should do? Trying to tie it back to signing somehow? Here is where I got the idea for the one side. Something like this but some text and trackable at?

i_love_you_pill_box_round.jpg

Edited by Atwell Family

how about the front in braile? as the step-father of a deaf child (he's 25 now, but I still see him as getting hearing aids at 5), I really like this idea

With all do respect, Think that would be a differant coin concept, as this idea is for the deaf. Perhaps another idea for a coin concept for the blind , could be done seperatly or perhaps a series of both coin /coins ? Glenn

I normaly support everyone in their producing coins, however I have to say one thing only,

Shouldn't you be only doing one project and completing it before going on the next one?

This will make yet another poject where you have not fulfilled the shipping of your last one. Even though the last one is supposidly not your fault.

I normaly support everyone in their producing coins, however I have to say one thing only,

Shouldn't you be only doing one project and completing it before going on the next one?

This will make yet another poject where you have not fulfilled the shipping of your last one. Even though the last one is supposidly not your fault.

Haven't started this one, just had an idea and wanted to see if there was any support.

Edited by Atwell Family

This is not a coin that I would purchase or have in my collection - its connection with caching is tenuous at best. I am not taken with the design at all.

I feel that you are producing a coin for the sake of the exercise rather than producing a coin to enhance our collections, knowledge or experiences.

I do hope that you are willing to take negative feedback as well as positive feedback.

This is not a coin that I would purchase or have in my collection - its connection with caching is tenuous at best. I am not taken with the design at all.

I feel that you are producing a coin for the sake of the exercise rather than producing a coin to enhance our collections, knowledge or experiences.

I do hope that you are willing to take negative feedback as well as positive feedback.

Always, this is what I created the post for, positive or negative.

how about the front in braile? as the step-father of a deaf child (he's 25 now, but I still see him as getting hearing aids at 5), I really like this idea

had that idea but didn't know how many people would say "How many blind cachers are there?"

braile.GIF

You might be interested in two of my caches:

Other Ways of Speaking - A (GCV0PN)

&

Other Ways of Speaking - B (GCV0PZ)

:anibad:

CF30

(having trouble posting the links for them...)

Edited by Crowesfeat30

had that idea but didn't know how many people would say "How many blind cachers are there?"

braile.GIF

Appariently more than you think! ;) I had the same question...

FYI...

Someone approached me about doing the art for a braille coin back around Thanksgiving. I had to put them off until after the first of the year because I was so busy with what I already had on the table, overtime at my day job at the sign shop, and family & holiday stuff.

Now that it's officially "after the first of the year" I'll be working up something for them.

Once we complete the art, I'll leave it up to them if they want to present it to you guys or not. ;)

Even if they don't present it here, I'm pretty sure that it will be sold through one of the coin producer's sites that I frequently do art for. ;)

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox

This is just rought artwork. The front with the hands would be 3D and the G would be a different color. I may try to find a way to add more color to the other side as well.

Feedback and interest level? If there is enough interest I will produce the coin.

sign.GIF

Why are you using our logo on your coin??????????? See my Avatar.

email also sent!

Jake

Called...thought it was just a geocaching G but looking closer see the different. Was not going to use the specific G just knew where to get it do mock up the coin. Couldn't find clean G to use. Will change now.

Edited by Atwell Family

I know I asked for feedback but, I was thinking sense I read your post...

There are alot of coins produced that have nothing to do with caching, for example and nothing against these coins:

1. A lot of the holiday coins (seemed like a lot this year)

2. train set

3. Land of Free, Home of the Brave

4. Suncatcher

5. Ancient Astronomical Computer

Just to show a few examples:

Are coins suppose to be produced with a connection to catching or do some get produced and sold(bought) just becuase they are interesting and unique? I can take the feedback and from this thread so far I don't think I'll produce the coin anytime soon. Iam just curious if coins have to have a link to geocaching or that is just one of your things to buy and collect a coin?

It depends on the individual, but yes there are some of us who feel that geocoins should have a direct tie in to geocaching. If it's a personal coin with your name on it then anything goes, but I am one of those who feels that the coins you mentioned have no connection and therefore I have no interest in them. There are plenty who just want to collect coins and any theme is ok though.