PQ trouble

lba619

I am having difficulty too, as I wish to add cache stats to my profile page. After finally finding the topic in the forums that would help me out, I decided to try both the cachestats and the INTN (I think) programs...both gave similar instructions for getting the .gpx file - they said to go to the pocket query page and click on "add to queue" button. I did that - it gave a time that was projected for the query to go and I waited...and waited..and waited. Finally it said it had been generated, so I went to my email that is the one I use for Groundspeak - nothing. So I checked the spam, the trash, kept checking the inbox (it was a good time to clean out my box anyway). It never showed up!

So - my next try at trouble-shooting was to just do a normal old pocket query of found caches. I had this one sent to my alternate email - and it came through just fine. In fact - it came through twice for some reason - with different numbers. I thought that somehow one of them might be the original one I had asked for earlier in the day.

Next - I installed and ran cachestats - program seemed to install just fine. I clicked on the button to add the .gpx file that I had unzipped, and it said it did not appear to be a pocket query from the "add queue" button. I tried the same with INTN, which is hosted on a website as opposed to being installed. Same type of message.

Finally, I went back to do the "add queue" thing again in hopes I could get it to send to my alternate email. It says I can only do that once every seven days!!! Any suggestions about what happened to the original file, or how I can run it again, or why the other pocket queries don't work? I guess I don't understand the difference between the "add queue" and a normal pocket query.

Help please. :anitongue:

I just figured out the problem - when I select "from my home co-ordinates" it always returns zero results....even though my home co-ordinates are correct. When I select the postal code option it works fine. Very strange but at least it's working.

Sounds like a N/S or E/W issue. In Victoria, the coordinates should be somewhere like N 48 25.676 W 123 21.887.

Edited to add: I just double checked the "home coordinate" feature, and it pulled exactly what I expected. Does the map on this page show your home correctly?

Edited by Markwell

Sounds like a N/S or E/W issue. In Victoria, the coordinates should be somewhere like N 48 25.676 W 123 21.887.

Edited to add: I just double checked the "home coordinate" feature, and it pulled exactly what I expected. Does the map on this page show your home correctly?

Yeah that map did show the correct home location.....I'll amend my home co-ordinates slightly and try running a new PQ to see if it works. Will let you know how that works.

But in the meantime I can use the postal code search and that seems to work. :laughing:

I just figured out the problem - when I select "from my home co-ordinates" it always returns zero results....even though my home co-ordinates are correct. When I select the postal code option it works fine. Very strange but at least it's working.

When you select "From my home coords", are you also selecting a specific state to limit the query to?

If so, this is a known bug that has been brought up here many times and Jeremy and staff has NEVER responded to.

When you select "From my home coords", are you also selecting a specific state to limit the query to?

If so, this is a known bug that has been brought up here many times and Jeremy and staff has NEVER responded to.

Yes I was - thanks. I had done a search but hadn't come across it......

In the past I've posted detailed step by step directions on how to repeat this bug, with no response from site programmers.

For quick reference, the work around is to setup the PQ with another center point (zip code usually) and limit to any states you want, save the PQ, preview it, if all looks good go back and change the PQ from zip code to home coords, then save and preview again. This will let you use home coords as your center point.

Saving the PQ with your home coords and a state selected will always initially return zero results but doing this workaround fixes it.