Geocache friend list

Mayor of Remsen

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but i think it would be neat to keep track of my stats and compare them to my friend's stats. Kind of like how Netflix lets you add friends to a list to see what movies they have seen. It would be convenient to have a list of all my geocaching buddies on one page.

Many times it has been posted and requested. At one time it was a consideration by top frog. Never seen it happen. ;)

A social element to would be a cool addition. In addition to seeing my activity, I'd love to see my family's activity listed inline with mine. I'm long distance from them and geocaching is one of the ways we keep in touch.

itsnotaboutthenumbbers doesn't really fit this mode either.

I would think that this would be an easy add for Premium Members to have. :lol:

A social element to would be a cool addition. In addition to seeing my activity, I'd love to see my family's activity listed inline with mine. I'm long distance from them and geocaching is one of the ways we keep in touch.

itsnotaboutthenumbbers doesn't really fit this mode either.

I truly wish they would have a "Friends list" or a quick way to reference friends profile, finds, trackables etc instead of using the "Find member" type in their name etc. Just be able to add/delete friends on a list etc. New to the forums so haven't seen much mentioned about that yet.

I truly wish they would have a "Friends list" or a quick way to reference friends profile, finds, trackables etc instead of using the "Find member" type in their name etc. Just be able to add/delete friends on a list etc. New to the forums so haven't seen much mentioned about that yet.

One way is to get to the friends pages that you mention above and simply bookmark (Add to favorites) in your browser and then they are easy to get back to anytime you want.

hahaha. kind of funny that this post is at the top of the list. i just got a person into geocaching, and the first thing they asked me was "how do i add your profile to a friends list". im like, uh, i dont know, but i look in the forums, and what do u know, its at the top of the page. wow, waht a coinky dink

How can I tell who's watching me?

Sorry, just wanted to be the first to ask. ;)

Whenever the developers have posted in threads about this feature, they've assured everyone that the friends feature will be opt-in. You would have to accept a request before someone could add you to their friends list, or group.

Sorry, just wanted to be the first to ask. ;)

Whenever the developers have posted in threads about this feature, they've assured everyone that the friends feature will be opt-in. You would have to accept a request before someone could add you to their friends list, or group.

I didn't doubt that for a minute.

Sorry, just wanted to be the first to ask. :D

I think a friends list would be great. But it really would have to be an opt in option, as I know of one male person who it is believed to have been following a female cachers movements. To be able to tell someone that they done something with their kids 2 years before hand is a scary thought, and it did happen.

:D:anibad:

as I know of one male person who it is believed to have been following a female cachers movements. To be able to tell someone that they done something with their kids 2 years before hand is a scary thought, and it did happen.

:P:o

Er, now you have got me worried Dave, could you possibly let us know more details, or email me privately?

I don't like the sound of this, is it regarding a happening in our area??

:P:)

I think a friends list would be great. But it really would have to be an opt in option, as I know of one male person who it is believed to have been following a female cachers movements. To be able to tell someone that they done something with their kids 2 years before hand is a scary thought, and it did happen.

There are absolutley no privacy fears whatsoever since 1. The information is readily available today 2. All the information put in GC logs, with the exception of "yes, I will be there" event notes is historical 3. Any information given, even in PM and chats, is done with the knowledge that it is accessible.

"I know a friend who had a sister who..." urban legend stuff is getting old.

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet or not, but i think it would be neat to keep track of my stats and compare them to my friend's stats. Kind of like how Netflix lets you add friends to a list to see what movies they have seen. It would be convenient to have a list of all my geocaching buddies on one page.

Yeah...but...I don't really like any of you people.... :blink: j/k! totally kidding... :blink:

--MGb

Not a helpful post at all, just want to the smart alecky

They need to add a simple "add to frineds list" then you have a list of friends, or fellow cachers that you can access what they have been up to. It would be quite simple to add this feature. Not sure why they haven't yet. If they want to make this a true "caching community" then this would be a great and easy addition.