Winter Caching

D24G0N

So I've done a few caches already that were buried in snow, but we haven't even begun to receive the amount of snow we normally get here in Sudbury. What happens when the snow gets too deep? Are there any winter caches? Please tell me I don't have to wait until spring!?!

dadgum YOU SNOW!!!!

winter.jpg

I've been told that Alaska cachers (who definitely keep at it all winter, just check logs on the caches up there) often attach a rope or a heavy cord to a cache when hiding it and run the rope up into a tree or something so winter seekers can follow it down to the cache.

There usually are a number of caches around that are accessible even after heavy snow although you may have to go after more urban micros than you would normally seek.

Shoveling six inches or so in eastern Nebraska today. Latest ever date for first measurable snowfall of the winter. :anibad:

So I've done a few caches already that were buried in snow, but we haven't even begun to receive the amount of snow we normally get here in Sudbury. What happens when the snow gets too deep? Are there any winter caches? Please tell me I don't have to wait until spring!?!

dadgum YOU SNOW!!!!

winter.jpg

Don't the rules say we can't bury cache containers? But I love the unique container you found for this one. ;)

JD