GPS Problems "Not Reconized"

Saturate

I have the Magellan eXplorist 500 and everytime I try hooking it up to my computer to upload geocaches on it. It shows as "Not Reconized". Is there anything I can try? I've done many things. I've even asked help from Microsoft and they don't have a clue. Could someone tell me ASAP.

When telling the insructions, please use understandable ways.

I have the Magellan eXplorist 500 and everytime I try hooking it up to my computer to upload geocaches on it. It shows as "Not Reconized". Is there anything I can try? I've done many things. I've even asked help from Microsoft and they don't have a clue. Could someone tell me ASAP.

When telling the insructions, please use understandable ways.

First check: is the cable running down the length of the GPS (not up)?

It's been running down & up different times. It still doesn't work.

It's a pain. I try uploading geocaches and it does not work. My cousin (Spartan-117) comes over and it works fine for him. He's tried helping me but it still doesn't work.

Edited by Saturate

Second check: be sure that all 6 of the spring-loaded pins in the cable that mates to the GPS are extended.

With the GPS off, connect the GPS to cable, the USB cable to the PC USB port (avoid hubs), and power on the GPS.

If it doesn't work with a given USB port on the PC, try switching to another.

What operating system are you using?