Garmin GPS 60CSx

Low Bat

I'm soon to upgrade to the GPS 60CSx and I'm wondering if someone who already owns one could answer a few questions.

1. In addition to the microSD card, does the GPS have it's own internal non-removable memory?

2. Can you have more than one mapsource program uploaded at a time? I'm thinking it would be nice to have both Topo USA and Street Navigator on the same microSD card, and alternate between them as needed.

3. Does anyone know what model of Ripoffs pouch fits the best? I don't care for the carry options that Garmin has, so if anyone has found a good pouch for the GPS 60 series, please let me know.

3. Does anyone know what model of Ripoffs pouch fits the best? I don't care for the carry options that Garmin has, so if anyone has found a good pouch for the GPS 60 series, please let me know.

I lost my belt clip as you have to remove it to get it in the car mount and after a hundred times or so...

As for a case... in "case" you want cheap...

I use a Targus compact camera case. I have several of these that we use for our FRS radios with the grandkids. I even have one zip tied to the handlebars of the smaller ones bikes. It has a little padding, a varelco flap and a belt loop. Oh and did I mention Cheap! It fits pretty well with only the antenna sticking out. We pick them up at the Dollar Tree and at Walmart for... one dallar each! I did say cheap!

I forget where they are in Walmart but they aren't usually hanging with the other more $ cases. For extra protection against droping the GPSr in rough terrain or when wading water I add a carabiner clip (also a buck) to the lanyard and a belt loop.

pics here...

http://www.pbase.com/td2/image/72287008

http://www.pbase.com/td2/image/72287006

http://www.pbase.com/td2/image/72287007

TD

Thanks Renegade and Diablo for your answers. I'm looking forward to having the ability to convert from street maps to topo maps while in the field or on the road. Now I'm wondering what is largest known capacity a microSD card can be that the GPS will accept?

2Gig is currently the largest micro-SD card you can install in the 60Csx.

2Gig is currently the largest micro-SD card you can install in the 60Csx.
Thanks, I'll be hunting one down on eBay.

Just be sure the card you get is not one labeled "Ultra"; these get fried in the Garmins (not likely to be a problem - most of the cards available are not the "Ultra" variety - but something to be aware of).