Vanilla Skys

68gypsy

When you get out of your car to go for the cache don't forget to waypoint your vehicle. You will not believe how quick and easy you can get turned around. Make it a habit even in the smallest of city parks and you will remember when you go to the more remote areas.

Also learn to use the backtrack feature in your gps for the time you forget to waypoint your car. Which means you will need to learn to save and clear tracks.

I am now the proud owner of a Garmin 60 and have updated my account to Premium.

This weekend will allow me an adventure. I'm still not comfortable with the GPS. Lots of whistles and bells.

Any ideas on what I really don't need to know right now?

Wish me good hunting.

68gypsy :D

Having looked at your profile the only thing you need is to GO GO GO and enjoy.Find a fellow Geocacher in the local area through geocaching.com or here to assist you in the begining stages as you will need em soon enough and making friends in ths sport is nothing short of fantastic.....till next you log the BIG one take care out there.......

When you get out of your car to go for the cache don't forget to waypoint your vehicle. You will not believe how quick and easy you can get turned around. Make it a habit even in the smallest of city parks and you will remember when you go to the more remote areas.

Also learn to use the backtrack feature in your gps for the time you forget to waypoint your car. Which means you will need to learn to save and clear tracks.

Worth repeating. I've got over 900 finds now and I STILL forget to do that, causing much longer walks in the woods than necessary. Especially when the first cache is "only" 300 feet from the road, but the there is another one only .1 miles away, then there's another one.... you get the picture.