Found my first cache; now how do I thank cache owner?

KidCasher

Just how does one go about placing a note for the ouner to see? I find several at the bottom of the Groundspeak listing but can't seem to learn how to leave one. Thanx, Kidcasher

You can click the link for their Profile which is right next to the cache title at the top of the page, and follow the instructions to send them a private note. For a public note, click the "Log a Visit" link again, and instead of "Found it", select "Post a Note" and enter your thanks as another log entry.

(This presumes you've already entered your "Found It" log entry. If you haven't yet, use that, and include your thanks as part of your log.)

I would also recommend that you visit the "Getting Started" forums...a great place for newcomers like yourself.

Welcome!

Edited by drat19

Just how does one go about placing a note for the ouner to see? I find several at the bottom of the Groundspeak listing but can't seem to learn how to leave one. Thanx, Kidcasher

How to contact the owner has been spelled out pretty well but I wanted to encourage you to always write something positive (if you feel that way) when you find a cache. A "found it" or a TNSL log is something that I think too many people get into the habit of doing and there's a good many that use logs like this as a slight.

You'll run into caches where this will be challenge but try to think of something, anything, positive to say. If there something that you feel that would improve the cache, email the owner, don't post it for everyone else to read.

Welcome to the Geocaching KidCasher!

Edited by Team GeoBlast

Now go out there and find a bunch more. It's way more fun than playing around in here. We're just wasting our bosses time until we can get back outside. :)

Wimseyguy = WimpyGuy! Why aren't you out winter caching like we are up here in Minnesota???

(just messin' with ya, ol' buddy...) :D:D:D:D:):D

Cuz I cannot give myself the day off during one of my busiest weeks of the year! :)

Have no fear, I'll be out there at 7:30 AM on New Year's Day looking for a really tough multi that hasn't been found in a while. It's become a tradition for fishingfools and me; this will be the fourth year in a row. :D

Of course it won't be exactly 'winter caching' as the weather report for Monday is:

High 68°F Precip 40% Wind: SW 7 mph Max. Humidity: 61 UV Index:2 Low
So I guess I'll need a light windbreaker, maybe my sunglasses, and maybe some dry socks for later on in the day if it does rain too much. :):D Edited by wimseyguy

Cuz I cannot give myself the day off during one of my busiest weeks of the year! :D

Have no fear, I'll be out there at 7:30 AM on New Year's Day looking for a really tough multi that hasn't been found in a while. It's become a tradition for fishingfools and me; this will be the fourth year in a row. :D

Of course it won't be exactly 'winter caching' as the weather report for Monday is:

High 68°F Precip 40% Wind: SW 7 mph Max. Humidity: 61 UV Index:2 Low
So I guess I'll need a light windbreaker, maybe my sunglasses, and maybe some dry socks for later on in the day if it does rain too much. :):D

OK, I'll let you off the hook...for now... :):D:D