Need help activating diabetes Travel Bug

happyhelp4u

I just received my Unite for diabtees Travel Bug...woo hoo.....

went to activate it, and am a bit confused on where the confirmation code might be.......

the number on my bug is <tracking number removed by moderator>...not sure where to look on the packaging though for the activation code.....any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by Eartha

I just received my Unite for diabtees Travel Bug...woo hoo.....

went to activate it, and am a bit confused on where the confirmation code might be.......

the number on my bug is <tracking number removed by moderator>...not sure where to look on the packaging though for the activation code.....any ideas? Thanks.

It's already activated. You are not the owner. Just use the tag number to discover it and then place it in a cache as you would a regular :ph34r: TB.

Edited by Eartha

Ok....you're dealing with a newbie here......please explain what you mean by grabbing the UN TB

also what do you mean by discovering?

I sent a request in for this travel bug, and have received it. Just want to make sure I do the right thing, so it can be tracked....

There are generally four logs you can post to a TB page. Retrieved, grab, note, discovered it.

Retreived and grab will log the TB as having been/being in your possession and adds the item to your inventory. (to drop a TB off later you need it in your inventory)

Retrieve is for when the TB is in a cache and you retrieved it from that cache. (in this case it doesn't matter since the UN tb you got isn't in a cache)

Grab is for when you retrieved the TB but it wasn't in a cache, or in was in cache different than whatever the TBs page said it was.

Note, is just a note, allows you to say something, but doesn't affect your inventory or possession.

Discovered it (used mostly in relation to geocoins at events), is for when you'e seen the item, but left it there and did not move it. It will not move the item to your inventory, or 'current' possession, but will show up as being something youve found.. thus adding an icon/number to your stats.

Go here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/

Enter the Geocoin or Travel Bug tracking number:

Click look up.

select Found It? Log it!

Under Type of log: select grab

enter the Travel Bug Tracking #

Enter Comment: Woohoo!

Submit

This will put it into your inventory.

Enjoy!

Edit: Sorry Welch, didn't see your post.

Edited by BlueDeuce

The United For Diabetes TBs are already activated. You only need to grab it from its current location. If you are having trouble logging it, first make sure that the 0s are not Os and the Is are not 1s. If that doesn't work for you, send an email with both the tracking number on the tag, and the TB number on the page (if you have it) to contact@Groundspeak.com and put "U4D TB tracking# problem" as your subject line.

Thanks to all. I did log a note on it stating that I had received it, and it's current location (My house)......I'll be placing it a nearby cache with the info sheet this weekend.

Thanks again to all for your help!

ah, I don't know. I don't see it in your profile. You need to 'grab' not post a note.

And make sure the comments say 'woohoo!' :ph34r: