Coordinate Goals for Travel Bugs

Markwell
Followers 0

The post got lost in the Unite for Diabetes - Geocaching Promotion thread, so I'll start up a new post with the request here:

Interesting glitch...

TB1BHAZ - Plainfield, IL

TB1B6PX - Plainfield, NJ

TB1BMDQ - Plainfield, IN

TB1C09G - Plainfield, CT

All are listed as "Plainfield, United States of America" Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug

Admittedly, it's not a big hairy deal, but it would be nice if the name of the bug also indicated a state or province if there are duplicate names to the tags. The only way I knew that the tags were destined for the states they were intended was to click on the link that state "Caches Near Plainfield" and see where the coordinates come up.

This also brings up a neat little idea that has been thrown out before in these forums - goal coordinates. If a bug were to have a destination set of coordinates, then users could search for bugs whose destination is near a location. For example, I could search for bugs that have a destination set of coordinates near my home while I'm somewhere else.

For THESE bugs, it would be nice to be able to search for the United for Diabetes bugs that are headed for my area...