Vinyl is Back! Well, BN Vinyl that is!

Fluttershy

I got my email of the artwork and it looks great! Mine too had problems with the colors and I even sent the PMS numbers to Allie and Jamie that I wanted and still somehow they were changed! :D :D But the change is so minor that I am just sticking with it.....because I am hoping to get these by Geocoin Fest and do not want to hold them up.

I am so excited! Big THANKS go to Allie, Jolene, Jamie, Christian & Sara for bringing this project together and making these coins a reality! :D

Whoa that is a rather large difference in colors. I don't know what I would do...If it really bothers you have them change it. I think it will look ok... I guess just refer to post #902 as to what the nielsenc the owner of oakcoins said.

Chris hasn't seen it yet, so we'll go from there. I don't mind the new colors, I was just surprised with the difference. Dressels sent me a PMS color sheet (she gave me a fancy name :D ) so we can change it if necessary.

Here's the difference

Here is a link for the PMS colors, just ask for a different color.PMS Color Chart

Are the Geocaching colors correct? Does anyone know the PMS coloras for those?

I hadn't realized there was a difference in the colors until I read this thread. When I looked at the coin artwork I received this morning, our coin seemed fine to me (with the small exception that on the logo, the little male face looked like it had been "roughed up" by the 3 females! :D - just a couple of minor adjustments). After reading about the color differences, I went back and compared the old artwork colors with this version and I can see a difference. These colors are a bit darker and not as vivid. It's not a huge difference, so it's not an issue for me. However, I looked up the PMS color codes that are listed at the bottom of my coin's artwork and compared them with your chart and your chart has the brighter colors. So, it seems the codes are correct but the colors on the artwork are a bit off? (either that, or the chart is a bit off? :D )

Here's the difference

Here is a link for the PMS colors, just ask for a different color.PMS Color Chart

Are the Geocaching colors correct? Does anyone know the PMS coloras for those?

I hadn't realized there was a difference in the colors until I read this thread. When I looked at the coin artwork I received this morning, our coin seemed fine to me (with the small exception that on the logo, the little male face looked like it had been "roughed up" by the 3 females! :D - just a couple of minor adjustments). After reading about the color differences, I went back and compared the old artwork colors with this version and I can see a difference. These colors are a bit darker and not as vivid. It's not a huge difference, so it's not an issue for me. However, I looked up the PMS color codes that are listed at the bottom of my coin's artwork and compared them with your chart and your chart has the brighter colors. So, it seems the codes are correct but the colors on the artwork are a bit off? (either that, or the chart is a bit off? :D )

It might also be the fact that the metal will be black nickel and then will darken the colors when put over the top. Would think that they could show that on the artwork but who know. :D

Sara works later at night. You should hear from her by morning I would think.

I am hoping and crossing my fingers!

We had an email last night. Was it necessary to change the colors, fairly significantly, in order to have them in PMS colors? Our colors from Jaimie were a lot brighter (like what we had from the album maker) but now, they are the same colors, but much, much darker????

I noticed this too but the difference must have been more subtle in mine so I didn't mention anything and just approved it.

I work around PMS color charts everyday and I can tell you, the PMS colors will look different than what you see on the computer screen. The best way to pick a PMS color, is to have a chart physically in hand, and looking at it outside in natural light or in a light box. I work with printing tee shirts, and in that arena, if you print a color on a black shirt, it's not going to be as bright as if it were printed on a white shirt. I would think the same would apply on a dark coin vs a light coin, but I could be wrong.

Just got a final notice from OakCoins about artwork and ordering, etc.

I will be having my coins delivered at the CoinFest next month...they will NOT be for sale. The WILL be for TRADE ONLY, and 1st dibs to the other members of the Top 40.

Maybe we should start a new thread just for Top 40 traders....whatya think?

I will be having my coins delivered at the CoinFest next month...they will NOT be for sale. The WILL be for TRADE ONLY, and 1st dibs to the other members of the Top 40.

That was already tried and the moderator shut it down. They said to use the trading post pinned at the top of this forum for trades :P

Edited by coreynjoey

That was already tried and the moderator shut it down. They said to use the trading post pinned at the top of this forums for trades :P

Darn it...just when you think you had a good idea....your bubble is bursted...oh well

lindsychris1.jpg

If you want it sort of fluorescent green, I'd suggest changing the green to PMS375. That's the color of the turtle on my personal geocoin.

antiquesilver.jpg

what is the number of the blue surrounding the turtle? I'm trying to find a brighter blue for my coin, but nothing seems to stick out...

what is the number of the blue surrounding the turtle? I'm trying to find a brighter blue for my coin, but nothing seems to stick out...

It's PMS286 but it's not a bright blue. I was trying to find a dark blue but not too dark to offset the flourescent green of the turtle.

You could go with PMS293, PMS2935, or PMS300 which are the same color blue but lighter (if that makes sense).

Hi Everyone!

Sorry that several of you are having Color issues... Please let Sara know if you need any changes.

The sooner, the better.

It's difficult to see the actual color, unless you're looking at a Color Chart Book.

Sara emailed me saying that she still hasn't heard from Eleven people.

Please respond to her email, and include a telephone number, so that she can

contact you, if needed.

Thanks!

~Allie :P

There are issues even with the professional swatch books. Over time, paper oxidizes and the colors appear darker than what they actually are. If you have true color between your video card and OS, then the online Pantone color charts are usually 99% accurate when compared to the coin.

Edited by AtlantaGal

As a printer, I own 7 different Pantone Charts, of the seven 4 match pretty close, the other 3 don't match each other, nor any of the others.

AG is correct in that the charts change over time, Pantone recommends they replaced yearly, which I do. It is almost impossible to match the Pantone colors exactly with every medium ie: montors, print, paint, etc.. 185 Red, may look one way printed, one way painted and one way on a monitor. The lighting also makes a huge difference, unless you are using a 5000 degree Kelvin light, you really can't be sure what effect it is having on your color perception.

I tell my customers I can draw three red lines: one with a magic marker, one with a crayon, one with a colored pencil, they are still all red, but do not match.

I will get down from my podium now

Hi Everyone!

Sorry that several of you are having Color issues... Please let Sara know if you need any changes.

The sooner, the better.

It's difficult to see the actual color, unless you're looking at a Color Chart Book.

Sara emailed me saying that she still hasn't heard from Eleven people.

Please respond to her email, and include a telephone number, so that she can

contact you, if needed.

Thanks!

~Allie :P

will send email tonight when i get home from work with mine!

I received updated art and approved it, however I am yet again disapointed with oakcoins for not answering my questions. lets see if i actually get a response this time.

I know Sara is working to get all the artwork out for approval to everyone. Anyone who has worked on one coin knows the undertaking, now times that by 40! :drama:.

PM sent. If you have any question that doesnt get answered, feel free to PM.

Thanks

I received updated art and approved it, however I am yet again disappointed with oakcoins for not answering my questions. lets see if i actually get a response this time.

I know Sara is working to get all the artwork out for approval to everyone. Anyone who has worked on one coin knows the undertaking, now times that by 40! :drama:.

PM sent. If you have any question that doesnt get answered, feel free to PM.

Thanks

I did finally get response. Thanks.

I was a bit frustrated that i responded to the email and then asked several questions and all i received a day later was revised art with no answers to my questions. and the "revision" consisted of changing a number.

I do understand that theres 40 people plus whatever else you all are working on, but if your going to reply do it fully!!

anyways, I cannot wait to see them in person. and meet everyone who is attending the geocoinfest as well.

email sent to approve the artwork, pending one minor change... i will be ready to pay for mine on the 1st or 2nd of February...

I won't be able to attend the coinfest :P:blink::drama: So anyone interested in trading, please email/PM me...

edit : rec'd email back about the color change, looks great, artwork approved and ready to go!

Edited by ~tasia~