Vinyl is Back! Well, BN Vinyl that is!

Fluttershy

I am willing to keep a list of names of those who want all 40 and put the information together. Send me an email if you want all 40 (the complete set). I will compile the list and send out to everyone.

Is there anyone that does not want to trade to those people who would like the complete set, if so please post and post if you are willing to sell them your coin so they can complete the set.

OOOHHHH, kinda over looked this.... ;) I will email you sometime tonight.. :(

1. Fluttershy ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

2. AtlantaGal ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

3. Team Macha ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

4. PARENTOFSAM ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

5. SILLYGIRL & JRR~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

6. GPX NAVIGATORS ~ NEED TO CONFIRM ART

7. DAMENACE ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

8. CACH-U-NUTS ~ NEED TO CONFIRM ART

9. TEAM HIGH POINT ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

10. NIELSENC ~ NEED TO CONFIRM ART

11. 57 CHEVY ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

12. GO JAYBEE ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

13. UO TRACKERS ~ NEED TO CONFIRM ART

14. DRESSELDRAGONS ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

15. OSHNDOC ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

16. CRAZYCAVELOVER ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

17. JEVANS7 ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

18. ~TASIA~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

19. PENNYPACKER ~ *****album Done and artwork approved for Oakcoins

20. THE 4 F'S ~ NEED TO CONFIRM ART

21. SUMMERANDNANA ~ NEED TO CONFIRM ART

All set now. #6 confirming art. Thanks!

Edited by GPX Navigators

Upon receiving an Oakcoins 42mm sample, I am considering upgrading our coin to a 42mm.

I think the Oakcoins Blue area would be perfect for our interior designs,

leaving a smaller area for "Vinyl" however, this would make the whole interior more legible.

There would be room for groove work, and the interior would be legible.

oakcoinssamplesd6.jpg

How does this affect you? Ten Cents a coin. I think it is well worth it, considering we would have a

more legible coin.

Please email me. I realize this is a major change, but I feel it would make everyone more happy

to be able to see the interior with more detail.

Allie

Upon receiving an Oakcoins 42mm sample, I am considering upgrading our coin to a 42mm.

leaving a smaller area for "Vinyl" however, this would make the whole interior more legible.

oakcoinssamplesd6.jpg

How does this affect you? Ten Cents a coin. I think it is well worth it, considering we would have a

more legible coin.

Please email me. I realize this is a major change, but I feel it would make everyone more happy

Allie

We agree!!! This is absolutely the BEST decision!! The label is the important part!! <_<:huh:

oakcoinssamplesd6.jpg

more legible coin.

Allie

Won't the artwork have to be all redo? A lot of work for Jamie :laughing:

oakcoinssamplesd6.jpg

more legible coin.

Allie

Won't the artwork have to be all redo? A lot of work for Jamie :laughing:

And what does that do to the artwork fees?

oakcoinssamplesd6.jpg

more legible coin.

Allie

Sounds good :laughing:

Okay, call it a blonde moment, but I'm confused. Are we talking an overall increase in diameter of the coin or just a change in the layout to have more label area, or both? Although I am a fan of having a more legible label, I am not totally sold on the idea of taking that extra area away from the grooves. It would look a lot less like a record; the proportions would be off.

a 1 1/8 inch center, such as the Blue area inside the Oakcoins would be ideal for our center as well.

We could make it more realistic if we englarged the coin to 1 3/4" or a 2" coin, but that would get pricey.

That's why I only am proposing we enlarge it to 1 5/8" and have a .10 rise (per coin) to our fee.

I realize this does take away from the Record, making the center larger, however

I think it would be nicer to be able to read your personalized area than have more BN ridges.

Until I received the Oakcoins 1 5/8" (42mm) coin, I had not realized how small of an area

we were actually working with.

I value your opinions...

Edited by Fluttershy

It does appear that group two is better prepared than group one with the art confermation. Maybe we should flip flop the group. <_<:laughing::D

That's because you guys starting comfirming artwork before us :D

OMG! LOL! ~ I really pushed group 2 to be ready. I didn't want group 1 waiting for group 2...

Furthermore, Part of group 2 was fighting for the last few spots. So basically, group 2 was in a huge hurry to begin with. :tired:

For me, a big part of the appeal of this series is that the coins look like tiny records. If we increase the label, I believe they'll lose the vinyl record look. As long as the label is legible, I vote to keep it as is - even if we have to look a little closer to read it.

My thoughts too. I want it to look like a record, not a BN border.

Someone just proposed by email that we go with the 1 1/8" Center like the Oakcoins and push up the Size of our coin to 1 3/4"

Which would be around $12.00/per 50 coins.

This would be the medium of having A larger center, and still having a bigger border around it.

If there were a handful of people who couldn't pay extra, I could try to pay for them, myself.

I just couldn't pay $500.00 out of pocket.

are we talking an additional $12 for the set of 50 coins above and beyond the privately quoted coin price?

If so, I am fine with that. I like the porportions of the original setup., so increasing the inner diameter and thus proportionally increasing the outer ring would be nice.

Very nice. I am glad everyone is on their heels for this project.

are we talking an additional $12 for the set of 50 coins above and beyond the privately quoted coin price?

If so, I am fine with that. I like the porportions of the original setup., so increasing the inner diameter and thus proportionally increasing the outer ring would be nice.

I agree with the size change. But, I really hope Allie doesn't have to absorb all the extra fees.... :laughing:

Edited by crazycavelover

Neither would I.

How about that polling feature?

I agree with the size change. But, I really hope Allie doesn't have to absorb all the extra fees.... :laughing:

I'm not sure... I think the OP is able to add a poll to the thread. ( I could be wrong, I should say, "IDK about that." LOL.

However, Here is a post to keep track of votes so far:

This is a vote tally to see who wants to change the size of the coin to 1 3/4" at a cost increase of approx. $12.00

FOR

OshnDoc

Crazycavelover

ParentofSAM

RiverCity

creacher

AGAINST

Edited by crazycavelover

a 1 1/8 inch center, such as the Blue area inside the Oakcoins would be ideal for our center as well.

We could make it more realistic if we englarged the coin to 1 3/4" or a 2" coin, but that would get pricey.

That's why I only am proposing we enlarge it to 1 5/8" and have a .10 rise (per coin) to our fee.

I realize this does take away from the Record, making the center larger, however

I think it would be nicer to be able to read your personalized area than have more BN ridges.

Until I received the Oakcoins 1 5/8" (42mm) coin, I had not realized how small of an area

we were actually working with.

I value your opinions...

So long as everything remains proportional, the bigger size is fine with me.

$12, okay by me.

<edited to add $12 approval>

Edited by PennyPacker

I just think we will start nickle - diming ourselves to death here. Eariler we added something like .05 per coin for, I think adding the hole, now another .10± per coin, then the thought of adding hard enamel to it for .10± a coin was thrown around and will probably be thrown around some more, unless I missed it and it has already been added, extra art fees are possible and that wouldn't be fair if Flutterfly had to pay those all by herself so that will add ?? to the cost....

I will go with the majority but just worried where this is heading.

I'm not sure... I think the OP is able to add a poll to the thread. ( I could be wrong, I should say, "IDK about that." LOL.

However, Here is a post to keep track of votes so far:

This is a vote tally to see who wants to change the size of the coin to 1 3/4" at a cost increase of approx. $12.00

Now to be clear... there were 2 things proposed by FlutterShy.

1) increase the coin size to 1 3/4" (1.75")

2) increase the inner label area to 1 1/8" (1.125")

As long as the center 'spindle adapter' stays at a proportinal size, and we still get the inner flat black 'record end landing' area then this is fine with me.

Here is a picture that shows the dimensions and how the label would grow if the coin size grows.

coin_dimensions.jpg

This means that there would be somewhat less black nickel 'groove' area, but not too much.

Of course, "too much" is subjective. But a change of the inner label area to 1 1/8" is *not* keeping everything proportional. It is definitely an increase in the label size relative to the groove area.

Personally, I will not approve any change to my "approved" artwork, unless I get new artwork drawings that show the new dimensions and proportions.

So (for the time being), I have to vote "against".

The small additional cost would be fine with me in order to get a more legible size coin. I hope that the overall size vs. label size will be proportional to an actual "45"...otherwise it won't look right. Does anyone have an old 45 to measure for proportions?

I see that wsgaskins has already addressed this issue while I was writing...

Edited by Go JayBee

The small additional cost would be fine with me in order to get a more legible size coin. I hope that the overall size vs. label size will be proportional to an actual "45"...otherwise it won't look right. Does anyone have an old 45 to measure for proportions?

I see that wsgaskins has already addressed this issue while I was writing...

Not completely... you asked the original 45rpm single album dimensions.

A quick googlresearch turned up:

"That's why a 7-inch single has a label 3 1/2 inches in diameter."

and "1 1/2", plastic-capped center spindle"

And a whole wheelbarrow full of info here:

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/recording/speed45.html

So the proportions are

Diameter: 7.0"

Label: 3.5"

Spindle: 1.5"

Diameter to Label Ratio: 7 : 3.5 = 2:1

Diameter to Spindle Ratio: 7 : 1.5 = 14:3

So to keep it totally proportional, a 1.75" coin would have to have a label area that was exactly

7/8" (0.875") in diameter.

But that said, everyone who has approved their artwork already has done so with a slightly off proportion of 1.8:1 so we are already not strictly proportional, but we are definitely in spirit, artistically speaking.

If we strictly scale the coin up in size to 1.75" such that the artwork doesn't change, but just goes on a bigger coin, then the center label area would be 0.950" according to my measurements.

Based on fluttershy suggestions the coins would look like Vinyl Sizes, the first is currect size, the second just being current artwork at 1.75 and the third being 1.75 and bigger inside demensions. If viewed at 100%. This is rough scale and proportion.

I like the currect scale but would pay extra for the larger coin. Artwork should not need to change.

So the proportions are

Diameter: 7.0"

Label: 3.5"

Spindle: 1.5"

Diameter to Label Ratio: 7 : 3.5 = 2:1

Diameter to Spindle Ratio: 7 : 1.5 = 14:3

So to keep it totally proportional, a 1.75" coin would have to have a label area that was exactly

7/8" (0.875") in diameter.

But that said, everyone who has approved their artwork already has done so with a slightly off proportion of 1.8:1 so we are already not strictly proportional, but we are definitely in spirit, artistically speaking.

LOL...this reminds me of college. My friend wanted a beer can Halloween costume. So, he was measuring all parts of the label so it would have the right proportions. There probably was beer consumed during this venture, so I am sure that his measurements were just a little off, too.