Vinyl is Back! Well, BN Vinyl that is!

Fluttershy

A few things.

My vote is TF for Top Forty for a prefix

I don't want ANYONE to have MY coin unless they trade it with me.

and i want to know if this is going to be hard or soft enamel, or can we specify on our coins?

No one will be able to obtain your coin otherwise directly through you. There are 3 Sample sets

that will be purchased, however. 1 For the Artist under our Artwork agreement, and 1 Sample set

for each of the Leaders, Myself and Jolene. No other Sample Sets will be purchased.

A Sample Set does not contain a Tracking Number, that's why I said it is an Untrackable, however

we are not buying Untrackable Coins, and Untrackable Coins are not available in this Series.

I had a few emails about this.

We, as a Group, decided to go with Soft Enamel.

Personally, I wanted Hard Enamel, but several Participants specified that they did not want Hard Enamel when I suggested it.

I hope that answers your questions, Chris. :rolleyes:

Allie

Should we set up a poll TF vs LP (almost typed "TP"...don't want that...LOL)?

I vote we don't have a poll.

I think that FS and CCL just need to decide and make it final.

People are always complaining on this list about not getting enough specifics about a coin before they can decide to purchase or not. I feel that we have lots of specifics here on this thread (13 pages so far!), but it's impossible to find them buried in the middle of the threads sometimes.

For my 2c, the prefix "TF" doesn't really imply anything in particular. It *could* stand for Top Forty, but that's just a bit narcissistic -- are we, the ones who decided to commit to this project, really the top 40 geocachers? top 40 punsters? top 40 able to pay for a coin mintage?

LP doesn't imply any of that. It just implies that it's a record. I know that LP means Long Playing and these are in the format of a 'single' record, but still, the prefix LP does not have any self-congratulatory overtones.

Next year, we'll need to do this all over again and use the prefix 'CD'. :rolleyes:

:wub:

That is the one which makes the most sense to me as well.

Go for that one Allie!

:(

Why don't we make it easy and just go with LP?

For what it's worth...(not much) the prefix LP really bugs us...45's are singles and LP was a whole album. (Like a CD.) :)

I guess it's an age thing, we are entering our foggy-hood. :rolleyes:

Not trying to make trouble, I promise, but it's irritating all the same..... :wub:

The age thing is getting me as well. Don't want to have to put numbers out there. However, I think to be truely "generation flexible" a common description for vinyl records was the acronym LP, no matter what size. Everyone knows this acronym.

And to make it even more difficult: The size of these coins is not even close to be that of a 45 (nor a LP) So if someone looks at this coin later on, I don't htink they will say: " Hey look at this cool 45!" much rather "Hey look at this cool coin LP"

Those are my 2 cents (more then I wanted to put out there) It is just a tracking number!

:wub:

That is the one which makes the most sense to me as well.

Go for that one Allie!

:(

Why don't we make it easy and just go with LP?

For what it's worth...(not much) the prefix LP really bugs us...45's are singles and LP was a whole album. (Like a CD.) :)

I guess it's an age thing, we are entering our foggy-hood. :rolleyes:

Not trying to make trouble, I promise, but it's irritating all the same..... :wub:

Edited by OshnDoc

Anything but a numerical prefix works for me.

I am a bit irritated about the "sets" regardless of who they are going to. and the soft enamel bugs me too.

Yeah, there is no way that price includes hard enamel. It would just be nice if it were an option for those who wanted to pay extra for it.

I think a set should go to the artist only since that is typically the deal this particular artist makes, but the group leaders should have to make trades just like the rest of us. Since once they have a set, we'll have no way to obtain their coin if we want it.

I'm sorry if anyone is irritated by any process of creating The Geo 40 Series.

I feel that I've been very fair, thus far. I'm very positive about the whole experience.

I've put many hours into getting information out to you, and poured through hundreds of emails.

If I didn't answer some, I sincerely apologize, but please note that I didn't do so intentionally.

With a large group, I have to succumb that I'm not going to make everyone happy.

For instance, the Prefix. No matter what we decide, there are people that aren't going to be happy.

There are people who aren't going to be happy about our Metal choice, our enamel choice, our size, or our price.

My intention was, and remains, to bring people together and make them happy.

I apologize if I'm not doing that enough. I apologize if you're one of those I cannot make happy.

Best Regards,

Allie

I vote LP. :rolleyes:

Personally, FS and CCL I think you both are doing a great job. I don't think there's any way we'd all agree on every aspect of this process, but we've been able to give our opinions and input.

And for myself, I have no issue with FS and CCL getting a complete, non-trackable set. I kinda think they've earned the set with all they've done. Again, that's just my humble opinion.

We vote LP. To us that sginifies Vinyl no matter the size.

Questions here too.

Besides cost, can someone please tell us the difference between hard & soft enamel? What can you or can't you do with either; which can you do more with in terms of color or design; etc? You can PM or EM us so as not to clog the topic. Thanks.

We vote LP. To us that sginifies Vinyl no matter the size.

Questions here too.

Besides cost, can someone please tell us the difference between hard & soft enamel? What can you or can't you do with either; which can you do more with in terms of color or design; etc? You can PM or EM us so as not to clog the topic. Thanks.

I vote the LP. it represents a record to me.

as for your question, hard enamel is where its level with the coin, so it would be completely smooth. like MY V2 if you've seen it and several others. soft enamel is just coloring thats painted on and is not flat.

I am willing to pay more for the hard (synthetic hard) enamel because I think it looks better 100% of the time.

I'm sorry if anyone is irritated by any process of creating The Geo 40 Series.

I feel that I've been very fair, thus far. I'm very positive about the whole experience.

I've put many hours into getting information out to you, and poured through hundreds of emails.

If I didn't answer some, I sincerely apologize, but please note that I didn't do so intentionally.

With a large group, I have to succumb that I'm not going to make everyone happy.

For instance, the Prefix. No matter what we decide, there are people that aren't going to be happy.

There are people who aren't going to be happy about our Metal choice, our enamel choice, our size, or our price.

My intention was, and remains, to bring people together and make them happy.

I apologize if I'm not doing that enough. I apologize if you're one of those I cannot make happy.

Best Regards,

Allie

Your efforts are appreciated!

I am so far 98% happy with everything.

I can deal with soft enamel, just would prefer (and pay extra for) hard enamel.

and sets, I have no issue with the artist getting getting one, but like AG said everyone else should have to trade for them as well. tracking does not matter to me.

Thank you for being 98% Happy.

I am standing by my intent to Purchase 2 Sample Packs myself, and giving the Opportunity for CCL to purchase one.

If anyone needs to know my intentions, I plan on keeping the Sample pack in my collection, and

I will trade everyone who participated (Who would like my Personal) for One of theirs.

I will then release every traded trackable into geocaches.

Edited by Fluttershy

as for your question, hard enamel is where its level with the coin, so it would be completely smooth. like MY V2 if you've seen it and several others. soft enamel is just coloring thats painted on and is not flat.

I am willing to pay more for the hard (synthetic hard) enamel because I think it looks better 100% of the time.

Got it. Thanks!

LP is fine for us.

We vote for Soft enamel, that way the 'grove' effect can be felt and appreciated more.

Black Nickle to us would give it a 'LP' look. IMHO

As for the sets, as long as I can get a coin from the people who get a whole set and they don't Ebay the sets (Ever) then have fun. If they ever want to get rid of the set's they should get ahold fo the other coin owners and offer them the coin first.

Theres our 2cents worth.

LP is fine for us.

We vote for Soft enamel, that way the 'grove' effect can be felt and appreciated more.

As for the sets, as long as I can get a coin from the people who get a whole set and they don't Ebay the sets (Ever) then have fun. If they ever want to get rid of the set's they should get ahold fo the other coin owners and offer them the coin first.

Theres our 2cents worth.

I just meant hard enamel on the label, of course i wana feel grooves on the record itself.

and black nickel so it looks like a record! It would be cool however if we could all get at least 1 gold record of our own coin. :rolleyes: kind of a bonus.

LP is fine for us.

From what I've seen for the artwork, the 'grooves' will not have any enamel at all -- they will just be recessed Black Nickel.....

Come to think of it, that's just like an LP. :ph34r:

Whoa! Wild-fire topic!!!! I missed it!

If another group starts - then I would be in for a Lemon Fresh Dog 'Dem Bones version.

Trivia question: How many grooves are there on a record?

Answer:

two. one on each side. It's a spiral - I always liked this one!

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

In order to try and recoop most if not all the money I spent on getting this coin made I would like to sell some of the coin in the forum or on the auction site. But I am not sure what an acceptable price for selling them is for sure. I know most have been selling their coins for around $8 plus $1.50 for shipping. Is this a good price? Any comments thoughts or observations? And I am planning on doing some trading for those who like doing that.

In order to try and recoop most if not all the money I spent on getting this coin made I would like to sell some of the coin in the forum or on the auction site. But I am not sure what an acceptable price for selling them is for sure. I know most have been selling their coins for around $8 plus $1.50 for shipping. Is this a good price? Any comments thoughts or observations? And I am planning on doing some trading for those who like doing that.

Depends on how much you wanna recoup... 50 coins @ $8 is $400... so you'll actually be making a profit. _If_ _I_ were selling them, I would effectively sell them at cost (I'm sure you can do the math on that)... it's up to you, really.

For these coins, i won't be selling any... just trades. :}