Vinyl is Back! Well, BN Vinyl that is!

Fluttershy

Groundspeak Geocoin Policy

As of 10-3-06

snip...

Order Details:

snip...

4. If 1,000 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and a custom prefix may be requested.

snip...

I think this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an official reply. Will we be requesting a custom prefix?

Being the Top 40 a prefix of 40 would be fitting if you can use numbers.

Groundspeak Geocoin Policy

As of 10-3-06

snip...

Order Details:

snip...

4. If 1,000 codes or more are ordered, a custom name may be requested, a custom icon may be ordered and a custom prefix may be requested.

snip...

I think this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an official reply. Will we be requesting a custom prefix?

Being the Top 40 a prefix of 40 would be fitting if you can use numbers.

40 is most likely gone with standard TB numbers or even USA geocoins.

LP would be a good one.

Okay, I'm brand new to the group, as of a few hours ago. I sent my art payment. My label colors depend on what logo I use. I would like to use this as my logo, but I'm not sure if it is to complicated for the logo or not. Also, I don't know how to trim the white background away from the winged-wheel; is that something that oakcoins can do for me?

Wingedwheel.jpg

Any advice is appreciated as I try to rapidly put this together.

Thanks,

Dave

Okay, I'm brand new to the group, as of a few hours ago. I sent my art payment. My label colors depend on what logo I use. I would like to use this as my logo, but I'm not sure if it is to complicated for the logo or not. Also, I don't know how to trim the white background away from the winged-wheel; is that something that oakcoins can do for me?

Wingedwheel.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

You do not have to worry about trimming or anything as jamie (the artist) will add it to your coin just send the image as is, you don't even need to resize it (actually I was told the bigger the better).

(img snipped)

Thanks,

Dave

As mentioned, the artist would do that stuff for you.

When I was designing my logo, though, I used Paint Shop Pro ... it also for vector objects, which can resized to whatever size you want.

Would someone from Group #2 forward me your Group email that contains

all of the email addresses?

You should have received a Group Email concerning Artwork.

Thanks!

I'm about to send everyone our Quote Information. :unsure:

Forward it to nyallieny@aol.com

Edited by Fluttershy

Could we not get the LP prefix? I am not a big fan of 40 for a prefix. :unsure:

I Chose 40 because it's The Geo 40 Series.

40 what? Hits. Songs. Tunes. You need something else in that name. I thought you were using Geocaching Top 40 originally.

The Series is Called: The Geo 40

(40 what? 40 Participants & I don't need anything else in the name.)

The Common side will say Geocaching the Top 40.

You're right, Tyler. More people will understand LP than anything else... even though LP does not

represent a 45.

I chose 40 at first, because I was trying to be as critical as some have been in emails and I wanted it

to be correct.

But, LP is fine with me. We'll decide tomorrow for certain.

LP seems fun, anyway. :unsure:

I would still have to go with the LP because people will understand that better than any number or FF I think the most people understand what and LP is and could see very well how it relates to the coin. So it is just my opinion that we should stick with LP for our prefix.

I agree, to me LP represented vinyl, regardless of size.

I like LP for the prefix as well. I think people will get it even if it isn't technically correct.

I know some people are going to be ordering more than the 50 coins, so they can have some extras for trade and what not, so they can have the complete set. Is there a way each of us could order other peoples coins, or order a complete set of the Geo 40? Like I could order my 50 coins plus 1 of everyone else's?

Just a thought, it may not be feasible, so feel free to shoot me down.

Edited by coreynjoey

<snip> because I was trying to be as critical as some have been in emails and I wanted it

to be correct. <snip>

:P:DB):unsure::(:D

Thank you for all your hard work Allie. Hope I am not being critical! :D

I second this, you have done a remarkable job making this reality. I am sorry if I have bombarded you with to many emails, I just had a lot of questions.

Is there a way each of us could order other peoples coins, or order a complete set of the Geo 40? Like I could order my 50 coins plus 1 of everyone else's?

BANG :( !!!! I do not want people to have the ability to order my personal coin nor do I want the ability to order someone elses personal coin. This takes away my trading possibilities.

I like LP for the prefix as well. I think people will get it even if it isn't technically correct.

I know some people are going to be ordering more than the 50 coins, so they can have some extras for trade and what not, so they can have the complete set. Is there a way each of us could order other peoples coins, or order a complete set of the Geo 40? Like I could order my 50 coins plus 1 of everyone else's?

Hi coreynjoey,

Unfortunately we're not able to order sets. You must go contact the individual's to make arrangements.

I believe, however, that many people will want to Trade or Sell.

Thanks for asking, I forgot to tell people that the Purchase of Sets will not be available.

~Allie

Group #2 Has been emailed our Pricing.

Please disregard the Prefix as: 40, It most likely will be LP instead.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I know that Jolene is away from her computer this evening.

Thanks! :unsure:

~Allie

Email received. Allie, thank you so much for all you've done (and so quickly too!) for this project!

Group #2 Has been emailed our Pricing.

Please disregard the Prefix as: 40, It most likely will be LP instead.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me. I know that Jolene is away from her computer this evening.

Thanks! :unsure:

~Allie

Email received. Allie, thank you so much for all you've done (and so quickly too!) for this project!

You're welcome! I know Jolene has done so much too... She's much more organized than I am! lol.

:(