Vinyl is Back! Well, BN Vinyl that is!

Fluttershy

If there's a new group starting (or if people drop out), I'd be interested in joining, though I don't want to be the manager as I wouldn't have enough money to front for everyone.

Anyway, I don't have time or ability to upload/link an image at this time, so here's the details:

Band name: Snowwolf75 and#the howlers (# equals line break)

Song Name: Of wolf#and cache

Top BG color: FFA9BA

Bot BG color: 8BC1FF

Here you go....

vrg45gk4.jpg

FYI: No one is fronting any money for anyone else. Invoicing per person will be directly from the vendor, payable via PayPal (most likely). Coin order is placed once all payments are received or replacement members are added for non-payers.

Edited by AtlantaGal

I'll participate and could help with a second group, but I will be away for the weekend and may not have internet access until tuesday (jan 2nd) (that includes e-mail)

I think it would be good if there could be a total of 40 participants (20 a group) and then it could be the Top 40 :D though of course we might bump past 40 as others find the thread as well.

my label was already shown, though I didn't list the colors, or the small logo (either my AV or else our dog from our coin - see sig web link)

Hope everyone has a happy new years.

Edited by Not So Lost Puppies

I almost used Jimmy Buffet on mine since he's #2 fav. So I have a bunch of modified song ideas if anyone wants to use them.

Album - Changes in Lattitudes

Song - If we couldn't cache, we'd all go insane

Album - Caching Frenzy

Song - Thorns to the Left, Thorns To the Right

Son of a Son of a Cacher

The Last Geocoin in Paris

Night I Painted the Ammocan

Nautical Cachers

The GPS and I Know

Smart Woman (in Long, Thick Hiking Pants)

They Don't Cache Like Carmen No More

A Cacher Looks at 40 (Finds)

Geocacher in the Jungle

The Pascagoula Caching Run

Another group of 20 is fine by me!

Please list here in the Forum if you'd like to be a part of the 2nd group,

and if you'd like to be The Group Leader!

A Group Leader/and Assistant would be preferred!

I'm working, so I won't be able to post again until later this afternoon.

But, if you can work it out yourselves here on the board, that is fine with me.

Please go back through the posts and reserve the names who wanted to join but

couldn't at the time, and go from there.

Thank you!

This is a Huge Project! :D

Happy New Year to US!

Here is a list I got together when I thought I may head up the second group. This list is of people who showed some interest in producing a coin:

Applewomyn ~ Not sure, made an album, Emailed

wij Drie ~ Made an album, want to join, Emailed

Vegas Gamblers ~ IN, finalizing their coin

ChanceRider ~ IN, Top Color: 2ADD2FF Bottom Color: FFB7EB

Team Jsam ~ IN

WhiteBear ~ Want to join, Emailed

NotSoLostPuppies ~ IN, based on the post... may not respond to my email until Jan 2

Atwell Family ~ Want to join, made album? (cant remember), emailed

Snowwolf75 ~ IN, Top BG Color: 88BBFF Bottom BG Color: FFAABB

River City ~ IN

lindsychris ~ Want to join, Emailed

GeoSmurfz ~ want to join, Emailed

I still offer my services to get the next 19 coins made. ( I think we need 19 more to make a top 40 group) And if anyone wants to help me, feel free.... And, I would appreciate the help.

Sorry if I posted any info wrong. Let me know and I can update the list.

Edited by crazycavelover

A few more song ideas from Disney (I put the original title next to each, in case you cannot figure them out)- use 'em if you want:

Under the tree (Under the sea)

Oh, I just can’t wait to be FTF (Oh, I just can’t wait to be king)

The second tree to the right (The second star to the right)

Whistle while you cache (Whistle while you work)

Following the GPS (Following the leader)

Let’s go find a cache (Let’s go fly a kite)

Glad to here we are going to make a second group, I would love to help out anyway I can! I think we need to first confirm that the orginal 21 are all on board 100%

Can't do that with absolute certainty until it comes time to pay. You should know that from selling coins. There are always people who drop out.

I cant make up my mind on my song title, <_<

I have listed several below and would like some help in choosing. :D

All feedback is appreciated!

(My favorites are #1 and #2)

1)I Need A Miracle (to find this cache)

2)Dear Mr. Fantasy (bring me a cache)

3)When I Paint My Ammo Box

4)Help on the Way (to find this cache)

5)It takes an FTF to Laugh, it takes a DNF to Cry

6)It's All Over Now (I got the FTF)

7)Looks Like Rain (let's go caching!)

8)Might As Well (Find Another Cache)

9)The Race Is On (For the FTF)

10)Till the Morning Comes (I'll Be Caching!)

11)We Can Run (to the next cache)

I cant make up my mind on my song title, <_<

I have listed several below and would like some help in choosing. :D

All feedback is appreciated!

(My favorites are #1 and #2)

1)I Need A Miracle (to find this cache)

2)Dear Mr. Fantasy (bring me a cache)

3)When I Paint My Ammo Box

4)Help on the Way (to find this cache)

5)It takes an FTF to Laugh, it takes a DNF to Cry

6)It's All Over Now (I got the FTF)

7)Looks Like Rain (let's go caching!)

8)Might As Well (Find Another Cache)

9)The Race Is On (For the FTF)

10)Till the Morning Comes (I'll Be Caching!)

11)We Can Run (to the next cache)

I think you should go with #1

Thanks to everyone who has confirmed participation in the 2nd group. I have updated the list as needed. I will post it later in this thread so we don't have to look for it..

As far as my album goes, I have updated it. The top color is a very lite purple. It looks almost white. If it its too close to looking like your coin (AtlantaGal) and you prefer I change it, please bring it to my attention. I don't mind and I don't want to upset anyone. Also, anyone can use any of the songs I have posted (except the one I'm using, LOL):

vrg45fr8.th.jpg

OK. I will go thru every post and make sure I have everyone that wants to join.

Then, I will contact each one to verify if they are in or out or maybe....

If there is anything else I need to do, Please let me know... <_<

CCL! I'm so glad you're involved! Thanks for taking on the 2nd Group. I've emailed you as well.

Please contact me with any questions.

You should get a Helper.

Allie

Here is our final:

9129ad1c-fb0e-4e2e-990a-e3ee9972f5bf.jpg

Have e-mailed it to Allie.

Now a couple questions for the more experienced coin makers and a request.

From what I've read for black nickel light/bright colors work best, are those too dark? We want the coin to look good and would like feedback now so we can change if needed.

Also, are there any recent coins that are black nickel/sandblasted so we can get an idea of what it looks like. I know the Signal January and the Generic Coins are black nickel, but they are not sandblasted right?

Finally a request, we'd like our "logo" to be either a curling wave or a gecko, but neither of us know how to make a little graphic. If one of you could help design it or point us in the right direction we'd appreciate it!

Mahalo in advance,

JRR

Finally a request, we'd like our "logo" to be either a curling wave or a gecko, but neither of us know how to make a little graphic. If one of you could help design it or point us in the right direction we'd appreciate it!

You could go to images.google.com and search for 'gecko clipart' ... within the first 30 I saw a nice b&w image that would be easiest to use... that way the black would be raised metal amoung a sea of color.

As far as my album goes, I have updated it. The top color is a very lite purple. It looks almost white. If it its too close to looking like your coin (AtlantaGal) and you prefer I change it, please bring it to my attention. I don't mind and I don't want to upset anyone.

I don't care if it "looks like mine" since no one owns colors, lol.

I would suggest either making the top simply white or a bit more noticible color though since something "off-white" might look dirty rather than like the actual color once it's put on the black nickel metal.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Hey 57' wondering if it would be ok for me to use 2 hikers? That's what I planned but just figures, no box? I have used that for my tokens for summer and I in the past. Let me know, no big deal.

<_< You go girly, I just snitched the graphic off the net. I'm still not sure what icon I'd want. I'm not terribly attached to that particular one though. :D

367b0a21-5ca1-498f-80ce-08f3baef4c64.jpg

Edited by 57chevy

No time to readallposts but I have a customising idea- since you have to pay for a separate die perhaps if you make a generic coin with teh holein teh middle for a CUSTOM PIN to insert -

Printed custom pins are much cheaper to produce I think than enameled and can be way fancier - epoxy can go on as well

you can even sell blank pins ( and you can actually just buy the pin backs from a craftstore) for people to just put a sticker on if you stick to standard poker chip size.

So teh GENERIC middle can just have a standard fairly plain design with maybe the rainbow colours on it, everyones team names then your pin goes in the hole.