Vinyl is Back! Well, BN Vinyl that is!

Fluttershy

Is there anyway we could increase the number we want to buy to 75 instead of only 50. Because now that there is 21 people I would want to trade for one of each peoples and with 50 that would only leave 29 to trade with other people or even to leave in caches. if I bought 75 that would give me a few extra (51 after trading) If it isn't feasible then that will be okay.

If someone could help me with my logo I would be willing to give a coin for it. It would have to be something to do with a cave/caving or my cattle brand which is a half circle E. Meaning a "E" with a half circle below it. It looks like a rocking E...

The colors of the coins are not perfect yet. They may change.

Let me know if any of you can help me.. Thanks. CCL

Is there anyway we could increase the number we want to buy to 75 instead of only 50. Because now that there is 21 people I would want to trade for one of each peoples and with 50 that would only leave 29 to trade with other people or even to leave in caches. if I bought 75 that would give me a few extra (51 after trading) If it isn't feasible then that will be okay.

I was thinking the same thing... :D

If someone could help me with my logo I would be willing to give a coin for it. It would have to be something to do with a cave/caving or my cattle brand which is a half circle E. Meaning a "E" with a half circle below it. It looks like a rocking E...

The colors of the coins are not perfect yet. They may change.

Let me know if any of you can help me.. Thanks. CCL

Same for me I might need a little help making my icon to go on the coin. I really don't have the programs that can help me do this well. Any help would be nice I would also be willing to give a coin for help.

I'm sure if anyone wants to foot the bill for more than 50 they can. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now for the moment. 21 is a very large group to manage.

At this point let's just finalize the group participants, make sure that the basic $ amount for 50 coins is something the 21 can afford to remain in the group for, and then we'll get the artwork completed.

Once we're ready to submit the artists artwork to the vendor, we can provide costs for additional coin amounts over the initial 50. Will that work?

I'm sure if anyone wants to foot the bill for more than 50 they can. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves now for the moment. 21 is a very large group to manage.

At this point let's just finalize the group participants, make sure that the basic $ amount for 50 coins is something the 21 can afford to remain in the group for, and then we'll get the artwork completed.

Once we're ready to submit the artists artwork to the vendor, we can provide costs for additional coin amounts over the initial 50. Will that work?

Thats great AG! I am gonna retire for tonight but I will keep this in mind trying to think of ideas.

Edited by Team Macha

It is in my opinion that some things are meant to be black, a record would be one of those. I am more interested in the coin looking like a record so in order to accomplish this I think Black Nickel would be the best choice. If sandblasting is going to add to the overall appeal of the coin then I say blast it.

I just want to thank you, AtlantaGal for all that you did today, to help start this Coin into a reality.

Thanks for all of your behind the scenes work as well.

I really appreciate it.

Oh and for those worrying about art, don't. Find the largest image possible of what you want your "icon" on your coin face to look like and save it on your computer. The artist will be able to make a single color or raised metal "icon" rendition of it when working on each individual record side.

Oh and the more simplistic, the better as far as art fees. It's not a large area. The coins are only 1.5" in diameter. They're 45s :D

Edited by AtlantaGal

I don't know if this will help or hinder....but here is an rough example of the SL vs BN - IMO - it's not as much the grooves as the center text - after looking at my LP's....yes, I still have my LP's - most of them are black lettering with bright center labels.....

Just a thought :D

b825a0b8-a896-4af8-828f-c6ccce3054bc.jpg

The Gun Metal is just a bit lighter than the BN -

I agree with you AG, let's get some of these things settled down and then go from there.

Wow - what an exciting evening in the forums!

Goodnight all!

I like the grooved BN with sand blasting. It would be like the Magic ball coin but with little grooves.

But I would also defer to the coin making experts and if neilsenc thinks that doing another metal with black would look better then I would go with that.

What I always recommend is to go with samples first :). Sometimes when doing a coin, a finish you didnt think would look good actually looks great :D.

So do a plain BN and do a Gold/Nickel with Black color fill.

Oh and for those worrying about art, don't. Find the largest image possible of what you want your "icon" on your coin face to look like and save it on your computer. The artist will be able to make a single color or raised metal "icon" rendition of it when working on each individual record side.

What about the actual layout and colors of the albums we have posted here in this thread. Will we need to send this to someone for them to finalize the art for our individual dies?

Hello, I just saw the post and wanted to know if I am to late to join in on this. I have just got into Geocaching and thought about making a coin. I have a few ideas in my head. But this sounds like a great starter for me. I have not seen a coin yet with my own two eyes except on the internet. Please let me know if I can join or if you have enough people. Thanks GeoSmurfz

What about the actual layout and colors of the albums we have posted here in this thread. Will we need to send this to someone for them to finalize the art for our individual dies?

In the end, yeah. So it's best not to do anything to it after the record generator thing makes your image. The artist will make a template and then customize each one for each member. Just remember the hex colors you used (the 6 figure code) so that those can be converted to PMS ink colors and get a web image of what you want for your "icon". The larger, the better for reproduction cause he'll hand draw them.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Sure!

You go to the website and create your record. Then at the bottom choose the right

button that mentions web imaging/image shack

it will bring you over to where it publishes your image on image shack.

next scroll to the last one where it mentions "Direct Image"

right click, and copy

Then come here, hit reply and above this very text area, there's a picture of a tree.

When you mouse over it, it says Insert Image.

Click on the tree, and then paste what you copied from Image shack.

Make sure there aren't 2 http:'s, if there are, just manually erase one of them.

then type what you want here and hit reply. It should post your image.

You can go to imageshack.us and do this for any picture from no on.

~Allie

1. Fluttershy

2. AtlantaGal

3. Team Macha

4. ParentsofSAM

5. Sillygirl & jrr

6. GPX Navigators

7. Damenace

8. Cach-U-Nuts

9. creacher

10. nielsenc

11. 57 Chevy