Vinyl is Back! Well, BN Vinyl that is!

Fluttershy

I 51 at work now jevans7 is for son he is 7 but i still need help with all of the details

I would be more than happy to help, what can I do for you? Please realize that I never meant any disrepect to you.

This is first time to git coin after all details are in how long will it take.

Gosh it is kinda hard to come up with an icon, I can't think of anything.

Wouldn't we have a record icon?

A record icon? I am not sure what you mean but you said you wanted a peach and Parents of Sam have a triangle. So because I like fishing I would want a fish-type icon. I just can't find a good one. I typed in fish icon on google and it doesn't come up with any good ones.

You both are talking about two different icons. the one on the coin and the want on the tracking page of your profile.

rofl wow i am so stupid yep damenace is right.

Correct me if I am wrong, since we will all have one custom side we will all have our own die fee right?? The original quantity was for 50 coins correct?

Yep, and it still is.

20 people, 1000 coins still is 50 coins each. The 21 dies are worked into the entire price. The only shared die fee in the end is the backside. I won't put $ numbers on this forum, but I have sent them to Allie at each interval.

How many people are we up to? Have we made the 20? Who are they? When will the prices be revealed and will it be done via email or posted here when the final price is revealed?

I 51 at work now jevans7 is for son he is 7 but i still need help with all of the details

I would be more than happy to help, what can I do for you? Please realize that I never meant any disrepect to you.

These times can vary, there are alot of variables. I have seen them as quick as 2 1/2 week turn around and as long as 4 to 6 weeks.

These times can vary, there are alot of variables. I have seen them as quick as 2 1/2 week turn around and as long as 4 to 6 weeks.

Would be way cool if we could have them by GeocoinFest! :ph34r::ph34r:

OK this is our shot at this. First trying to see if I can upload the pic or at least the link. Sigh. :ph34r: Then I can worry about an icon on the vinyl. :ph34r:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSi...mshare&Ux=0

Well got the link to work - I just can't figure out how to get the picture to post - and I have read the forums. What am I missing? Can someone please email me to assit me with this task I cannot seem to grasp. Thanks! :huh:

Edited by GPX Navigators

Would be way cool if we could have them by GeocoinFest! :ph34r::ph34r:

Theres plenty of time assuming there are no road blocks. That means art would need to be finalized and submitted within the next week and have very minimal changes to the die art.

A few song ideas... Does anyone see on that I should use? Are there any keepers?

Elvis:

I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Cry Over You Over a DNF

Rolling Stones:

Lets Spend The Night (Geocaching) Together

Any help would be great. CCL

I like those 2! :D

Thanks for the Input... I'm still working on a few. Seeing how they look..

Correct me if I am wrong, since we will all have one custom side we will all have our own die fee right?? The original quantity was for 50 coins correct?

Yep, and it still is.

20 people, 1000 coins still is 50 coins each. The 21 dies are worked into the entire price. The only shared die fee in the end is the backside. I won't put $ numbers on this forum, but I have sent them to Allie at each interval.

How many people are we up to? Have we made the 20? Who are they? When will the prices be revealed and will it be done via email or posted here when the final price is revealed?

My last count was 16 I think. I don't think the pricing should be publically posted. I would hope Allie would have an email list of all final players once that is finalized, which it's not yet, and then email everyone.

Can someone experienced in Metals (Hopefully a kind, Vendor)

Please give advice?

I would like to create the Record in (Preferably, Black Nickel)

is this possible for it to be cut in such a way that it looks like a record?

I don't need deep imbedded grooves. Just slight grooves to show that it's a record.

An experienced Cacher has suggested that we use another metal and then

"Ink" it?

Can you advise?

Thank you! I'd like this to be a really nice Series of Coins!

~Allie

Please give advice?

I don't need deep imbedded grooves. Just slight grooves to show that it's a record.

"Ink" it?

Can you advise?

~Allie

Well I am not a vendor, but I would have to ask, do you want it to look like a record or feel like a record? Black Nickel shows little to no detail. The shade is so dull it hides all "details". Now if you want to be able to feel the grooves then they can groove it with no problem and you will "feel" the grooves. If you want to be able to see the grooves then you will need to go with a different metal.

Please give advice?

"Ink" it?

Can you advise?

~Allie

You can do the grooves in Black Nickel and sandblast it. You can only go so 'thin' with the lines. Because of the size, 1.5", you wont be able to get as many 'grooves' in as you would in a larger coins.

Here are thickness to consider when doing the artwork:

1. Outer band

coins, 0.8mm ------ normal size

2. Raised lines to separate the color,

0.3mm (0.2mm is sometimes OK but not always) ---- die stamped bronze soft enamel

0.2mm -------- hard enamel/ immitation hard enamel

A Gold or Nickel with Black color fill will give you the most contrast for the grooves.

nielsenc

1. Fluttershy

2. AtlantaGal

3. Team Macha

4. ParentsofSAM

5. Sillygirl & jrr

6. GPX Navigators

7. Damenace

8. Cach-U-Nuts

9. creacher

10. nielsenc

11. 57 Chevy

12. Go JayBee

13. UOTrackers

14. Dressel Dragons

15. OshnDoc

16. crazycavelover

17. jevans7

18. ~tasia~

19. ???

20. ???

YES! Im in..... Back to the art work. Not to add to the chaos, can someone have more than 50 made if they care to do so?

1. Fluttershy

2. AtlantaGal

3. Team Macha

4. ParentsofSAM

5. Sillygirl & jrr

6. GPX Navigators

7. Damenace

8. Cach-U-Nuts

9. creacher

10. nielsenc

11. 57 Chevy

12. Go JayBee

13. UOTrackers

14. Dressel Dragons

15. OshnDoc

16. crazycavelover

17. jevans7

18. ~tasia~

19. ???

20. ???

I'd like to join in please !!!

Edited by PennyPacker

1. Fluttershy

2. AtlantaGal

3. Team Macha

4. ParentsofSAM

5. Sillygirl & jrr

6. GPX Navigators

7. Damenace

8. Cach-U-Nuts

9. creacher

10. nielsenc

11. 57 Chevy

12. Go JayBee

13. UOTrackers

14. Dressel Dragons

15. OshnDoc

16. crazycavelover

17. jevans7

18. ~tasia~

19. ???

20. ???

I'd like to join in please !!!

I just got home and saw this thread - it's a great idea. We'd like to join if there's still room for us!

Looks like we have #19 and #20

To help clarify -

Would each participant get the 50 of their coins for trade/sale/cache release, or would they all be sold to the general public, with each participant having to buy their own coin if they want it?

I would love to have mine to use as traders, that is why I'm wanting to know.

Thanks!

I will design an album as soon as the parents leave (they've been here since Saturday, they leave in the morning) and we get through our two NYE events! *hopefully i can have it by tomorrow night though*

I think we should get it so you can see the grooves more than feel them. So maybe go with what neilsenc said "A Gold or Nickel with Black color fill will give you the most contrast for the grooves."

When you look at an actual record you don't actually SEE the grooves either. I just dusted off one of my old LP's and I still think the Black Nickel would look awesome with the center colors done in imitation hard enamel. Granted, when using black nickel one must use the correct contrasting colors to enhance the use of the black metal.....so using "darker" label colors wouldn't work as well - but using bright colors would really make your center design POP!!

Anyway....just my two cents as a purchaser as well as a vendor :D

To help clarify -

Would each participant get the 50 of their coins for trade/sale/cache release, or would they all be sold to the general public, with each participant having to buy their own coin if they want it?

I would love to have mine to use as traders, that is why I'm wanting to know.

Thanks!

I will design an album as soon as the parents leave (they've been here since Saturday, they leave in the morning) and we get through our two NYE events! *hopefully i can have it by tomorrow night though*

You will be paying for your own 50 coins to do as you please

(Can we get a new quote adding the last person?)

Just use the last figure I sent you, 50 more coins for 1050 total won't put but a dollar or so dent in the base pricing for each person. Remember, that price is pre-discount. It's a rough number. We won't exceed that in other words.

Edited by AtlantaGal

You can do the grooves in Black Nickel and sandblast it. You can only go so 'thin' with the lines. Because of the size, 1.5", you wont be able to get as many 'grooves' in as you would in a larger coins.

Here are thickness to consider when doing the artwork:

1. Outer band

coins, 0.8mm ------ normal size

2. Raised lines to separate the color,

0.3mm (0.2mm is sometimes OK but not always) ---- die stamped bronze soft enamel

0.2mm -------- hard enamel/ immitation hard enamel

A Gold or Nickel with Black color fill will give you the most contrast for the grooves.

nielsenc

What I don't like about the Gold or Nickel is that the edge is Gold or Nickel. I'd like it to look like a Black Vinyl Record.

I don't think that's possible unless I use Black Nickel, right?

How much of a difference in cost is Sandblasting?

What does everyone think? Please, if you're one of the 21... post what your opinion is.

I'll sleep on it, and we can discuss this tomorrow.

Thanks for your help, nielsenc (and others)

I don't really care about what it feels like But like cacheunuts said actualy records don't even have visual grooves. I think like atlanta gal said we can put coloring on the metal and this would allow a variety of metal types. It really doesn't matter all that much to me I am sure what you decide Allie, it will look good.

PS sandblasting is always nice

Edited by Team Macha