2007 Caching Resolutions

stillwaters

Two of this years resolutions will be the same as last years.

1. Place on traditional or multi for ever puzzle cache I place.

2. Trade up and/or leave more, cool and interesting swag in depleted caches.

This year I've set three additional goals for myself (hopefully by fulfilling the first one the 2nd and 3rd ones will be easy).

1. Be more selective about the caches I hunt, focusing on nice locations, hikes, and creative hides.

2. Take more pictures during cache hunts and post them to the caches page.

3. Write better logs.

My goal for 2007 is to get my finds per day up to 1.0. I've been caching since June,2005 and have 304 finds, which is currently about 0.5 per day. Meeting my goal would put me within reach of 1000.

1. Cache in atleast 2 new states (I have plans to cache in UT, NV, and possibly AZ in February)

2. Reach 750 finds by Dec 31, 2007 (I have found 402 since starting early 2006)

3. Find all active caches with in 15 miles (There are approx 145 currently that I need to find with more always on the way)

4. Do a 5/5 cache

5. Have 50 placed caches (I have 25 now)

6. Post more photos.

Edited by supertbone

Hmm... I did three new states this year (Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine), and three new states last year (Delaware, Maryland and West Virginia) (Fortunately finding the Crab Creek A.P.E. Cache before it was archived.) Not a lot of new states within driving range (for those of us who hate flying.) Virginia is a ways off.

I'm never going to clear my Ten-Mile List because I do not kayak, and do not do cemetery caches.

I do resove to try to take more photos to post. Find more benchmarks. A hide a few more scenic and creative caches. (One evil one lurking in my brain. But the execution is tough. Need to work on it.)

Ain't gonna hit 2000 this year, so, I shall resolve to try to have more fun.

1) Try to add more states as well as do more caches in our nearby neighboring states of NJ and CT (ironically, adding more states may be more difficult than the past as recent circumstances make it harder to get away than in the past)

2) Try to do more caches near "Li"'s parents "vacation home" in NE Penn. (again, see #1 above)

3) Get to 100 finds (not too hard, only have 12 to go)

4) Get to 100 container finds (maybe near the end of the year, need about 30-40 more)

5) Do more hides, focussing as before on hidden woods and parks in urban and suburban areas that even most locals don't know about.

Happy New Year and best wishes for a happy, healthy 2007!

My resolution this year is to host my first ever GC Event. I have a spot inmind, I just need to set the date and start figuring the logistics. That will be this May (I Think!).

I also resolve to bring my camera on more GC hunts. I am a photographer for crying out loud, that shouldn't be sooooo hard!

I also want to avoid the TNLNSL unless there is no space for trades.

deleted duplicate post

Funny you sohuld mention. I resolve to delete all my duplicate posts....

Seriously. I've thought about it. I don't really do resolutions. I'd like to get out more and that's about it. Maybe sometime this year, I'll give myself one full day of caching....That'd be nice...

--MGb

I also want to avoid the TNLNSL unless there is no space for trades.

Ummm yeah... about that. I went out this afternoon and was quickly reminded WHY I do so many TNLNSL caches. Cause there is nothing in them other than mushy papers, golf balls, muddy lanyards and travel toothbrushes (does anyone EVER take a toothbrush from a cache???). I would like to rescind my stated resolution of no new TNLNSL caches. I can still do that. I got 23 hours and 53 minutes till the new year. :anitongue:

My resolutions for '07:

1: cache at least once a month (work sucks on pretty, sunny days!)

2: get my mapping software up and running for my cache journal/scrapbook

3: hide another cache

4: if I can't add another state, at least get some finds in other states

5: keep on enjoying my favorite thing to do!

all should be easy, especially #5!

happy new year to everyone

:anitongue:

In 2007 I resolve to...

avoid chiggers !

last year I was suprised a couple times by getting bitten when I didn't expect it.

Then I was bitten some more times because I threw caution to the wind, and went where I knew chiggers would be but I thought I could just brush them off, or flatten the weeds with my feet and not let them get close enough to my skin.

Then there where times when I saturated my shoes, socks, pants, skin, with deet, and hiked fairly resonably around most brush, and still got bit.

It's New Years day and I still have scars on my ankles from those little monsters.

I'm not sure of the game plan...

a- better repellent

B- better clothes

c- better research

d- replace geocaching with kayaking from june until september

Edited by OB1kenOB

Two of this years resolutions will be the same as last years.

1. Place on traditional or multi for ever puzzle cache I place.

2. Trade up and/or leave more, cool and interesting swag in depleted caches.

This year I've set three additional goals for myself (hopefully by fulfilling the first one the 2nd and 3rd ones will be easy).

1. Be more selective about the caches I hunt, focusing on nice locations, hikes, and creative hides.

2. Take more pictures during cache hunts and post them to the caches page.

3. Write better logs.

Thats exactly how I choose caches to hunt.

My New Years resolutions:

I archived my one and only Lame Parking Lot cache.

Hide my 100th cache (currently at 89 hides)

Find Cache #1000. This is planned for January 20th 2007.

Plan and host a CITO Event.

Every one thinks so locally. (ie. add two states.)

Check out my profile for a WORLD map of countries I've cached in.

As for my resolutions

I want to add three more countries and possibly add another continent (Africa) to my list of caches.

There is a whole world out there, and Geocaching is a great way to see it.

Let's see...

Hide a few caches that I have been considering for over a year.

Find more caches instead of taking a five month break (but having a new born will do that to you, just didn't feel right leaving the Mom at home)

Break 150 finds.

Cache in hmmmmm, two other states.

(packs bags to go on trip to Mississippi)

Should be able to make the last resolution this weekend!

Edited by ScottFla