How do you enter a geocache on your GPS?

mweinberger

Like many others, I got a GPS for Christmas. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx, and I cannot figure out how to enter geocache coordinates. How do you do this manually? Also, I subscribed to Groundspeak, and downloaded some .gpx files...I assume I can download these to my GPS unit, but I cannot figure out how to do so. Any help for a newbie would be appreciated! :)

To manually enter a cache's coordinates - "mark" your spot and then use the cursor to edit the entry to the coordinates you find online.

Downloading them from the website is best. - Get your GPX (via a Pocket Query is best) and then open it with software like Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (GSAK) - look via the resource page from the main page on the web site. It can easily send the coordinates and basic info to your GPSr.

Like many others, I got a GPS for Christmas. I have a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx, and I cannot figure out how to enter geocache coordinates. How do you do this manually? Also, I subscribed to Groundspeak, and downloaded some .gpx files...I assume I can download these to my GPS unit, but I cannot figure out how to do so. Any help for a newbie would be appreciated! :P

Never mind, I figured it out! :)

First, you go to any geocaching event. Then you stand up on the table. You hold up the gps and shout, "Does anyone know how to work this thing?"

(please record the results for posterity posterior).

:P:P:P Wish I had though of that process a couple years ago. I made EVERY mistake known to womankind :) during my first year. Of course I do subscribe to the thought of the more sweat spent learning the better the understanding theory.

Yeah, I read the manual. It's amazing what you can learn. When you are ready to throw it over the fence, sit down calmly with the user guide and all will be revealed. :huh:

quote name='SgtSue' date='Dec 28 2006, 12:19 PM' post='2633772']

Doesn't any one read the manuals any more? :ph34r:

Read the manual? :ph34r: That takes the fun, challange, and adventure out of it. If someone is smart enough to build this thing, I should be at lest smart enough to figure out how to work it.