Magellan eXplorist 210 question(s)

Well, guess what santa brought me for christmas LOL I got the bundle ( came with mapsend lite).

Now i am pretty good with figuring things out, normally, but i have read and reread all the manuals and online info i can find about uploading maps to my gps. I am in canada so makes sense that I need a canadian map. I got a hold of MapSend S&D Canada and I figured WOW this is gonna be so awesome! WRONG! I can get everything working and saved but when i go to upload the saved regions to my gps it says i dont have a serial port free ( well duh i am using USB) and when i save it to the SD card ( the setting that is) it saves as an .img file and my gps wont read it :)

Argh! Frustration is closing in on me and I wanna chuck somethig across the room lol

Can anyone please help me (be gentle ok).

Thank you

Well, guess what santa brought me for christmas LOL I got the bundle ( came with mapsend lite).

Now i am pretty good with figuring things out, normally, but i have read and reread all the manuals and online info i can find about uploading maps to my gps. I am in canada so makes sense that I need a canadian map. I got a hold of MapSend S&D Canada and I figured WOW this is gonna be so awesome! WRONG! I can get everything working and saved but when i go to upload the saved regions to my gps it says i dont have a serial port free ( well duh i am using USB) and when i save it to the SD card ( the setting that is) it saves as an .img file and my gps wont read it :)

Argh! Frustration is closing in on me and I wanna chuck somethig across the room lol

Thank you

Search is your friend. There has been much put up on this.

Thank you

If the mapsend S&D of yours is like the mapsends we use here in the lower 48 it should be asking for a serial number of your gps I believe the whole explorist line is like that, if not it may not be the right mapping program.

Edited by vagabond