Using Cachemate and Palm Pilot

Ugly1

I did a Pocket Quierie with 100 files, I loaded it into GSAK, The first time I tried to run cachemate it sent 10 files to my Palm pilot z22. So I deleted those files and tried ti again when I ran Cachemate this time the message at teh end showed it only converted and sent one file which when I checked teh Palm Pilot there was just one file sent. Both GSAk and Cacheate are registered unless I did something wrong when I entered the registration numbers I got rid of the nag screens so I know GSAK should be registered fine any help would be appreciated. With Cachemate Do you need to enter the registration on the laptop as well as on the palm Pilot?

Edited by Ugly1

I did a Pocket Quierie with 100 files, I loaded it into GSAK, The first time I tried to run cachemate it sent 10 files to my Palm pilot z22. So I deleted those files and tried ti again when I ran Cachemate this time the message at teh end showed it only converted and sent one file which when I checked teh Palm Pilot there was just one file sent. Both GSAk and Cacheate are registered unless I did something wrong when I entered the registration numbers I got rid of the nag screens so I know GSAK should be registered fine any help would be appreciated. With Cachemate Do you need to enter the registration on the laptop as well as on the palm Pilot?

Sounds like you need to enter the registration code for CacheMate on your Palm Pilot.

Fire up CacheMate and select "Register" from the Option menu. Then enter your registration code and press the "OK" button. This should resolve your issue.

EDIT: Sorry, I sort of read your question backwards, and thought you hadn't entered the registration code on your Palm. Which you specifically said you had done. :laughing: I don't remember having to enter the registration code on my PC, so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

If your not getting the nag from GASK then that reg is fine. The fact that you only got 10 accepted indicates that maybe the reg code was not accepted. open Cachemate, go to the Cachemat "options" page and reenter the reg number. If no error messages then I would recommend using the FAQ or contacting the Cachemate group at http://www.smittyware.com

the problem page had this...

Registration Problems? (Palm OS)

Much more often than not, if your registration code is rejected by the software you've purchased it for, it's because there was an error in the HotSync® user name that you gave as part of registration. Check the user name in the registration email with the one on your device. The registration codes are generated and validated using the exact user name that is on the device, down to letter case and any punctuation. If there is a mismatch, use the code request form in the support area to get a replacement code.

If you've compared the two names and still can't find anything, there may be spaces or other invisible characters on either end of the user name (yes, there have been actual cases of that). If you can't see any difference, download RegAid™ (a free program from mindgear) and try the unambiguous code it produces in the support area's code request form

Hope this helps...

Edited by GPS Derek