Mines Arrived!

I've received mine and it wants to go to...........................Selby! Not much of a journey from Edinburgh.

... you think yours has a short journey?! Ours has to make the 10 mile trek from it's start location in Dunstable to Hemel Hempstead! <_<:D ... we're thinking of sending it off with instructions that it can only travel in a westerly direction, that should make the journey a bit more interesting!

[One or two of my Tbs in the wild have had tags added, been put in replacement bags or have had their mission sheet reprinted by very kindly cachers en route so to speak. I can#t think of a nicer thing to do than take care of someones TB and help it reach its goal. <_<

This is what I have done as well. I think that if the TB owner has printed a mission statement and protected it in a plastic bag, when they get tatty it doesn't hurt to replace them. I would never replace travelling companion.

As far as the Unite for Diabetes TBs, although the travelling is important surely a small mission statement can only help? When I find several bugs together those with missions attached are easier for me to know if I can help them on their way.

Well thats my twopenn'oth :D

Ayepee

Woo woo!! beguining to think we missed the boat with this but it looks like they hit East Anglia today as we recived ours this morning and we know that Lingering recieved theirs too, really quick too as the postal date says it wasnt sent till yesterday!! recon they dated it wrong!! Ours is off to Stabroek, Belgium, Not a long trip, 157 miles, but at least it leaves the country. <_<

We too think its worth adding a tag to help promote the campaign & mission.

Edited by molfrew-mosstoad

Why does everyone think achieving its mission matters so much? Its not like a normal TB where there is a cacher sitting at home whose day it's going to make when it reaches its goal. The locations chosen have obviously just been chosen at random, many of them are hundreds of miles from any caches. The point is surely just that they travel rather than arrive somewhere.

I got mine, looked at the custom TB tag and decided there is enough info on there (and a web address for anyone who wants more) for me to not have to worry about people not knowing what it is. While everyone has been sitting here reading this thread wondering if they need to spoon feed information to people who are quite capable of finding it out themselves I have been out and set mine free ;)

Yipee! Our's arrived this morning, it wants to get to South Miami Heights, gosh.......... Cannot put it out just yet as have to attach a clear key ring with mission on to it. Also it's blowing a 70 mph wind with torrential rain, just not Geocaching weather, sorry Not Geocaching weather for US!! We realise that some out there revel in these conditions!! ;):D

I too thought I had missed out but it arrived this morning - US postmark 22 Dec, Royal Mail 29 Dec - maybe our post office have received them in bulk and are phasing out the despatches. ;)

Now all I have to do is find where in India is Madikeri and book my flight - oh no that is not the idea! :(

I agree that the idea is for them to travel and spread the message about Diabetes and so will not be adding a mission tag as the information on the original is explicit enough. :D

It's arrived!!! Mine needs to go to Ust-Katav in Russia. There are only four caches within 200miles (nearest is 96 miles away). Of the four, the three nearest caches have never been found! Never mind, I'll put a label on it and hope for the best - it will be interesting seeing how close it gets.

Ours arrived whilst away camping over Xmas. Found it on the doormat when we returned home on the 28th. Mission is to get to Marovoay, Madagascar. Have added a 'mission tag' and will set it on its way before the new year. ;)

Whoo Hoo

A tag arrived this morning and als wants to go to Madagascar but to a town called Beroroha. :signalviolin:

edited to say that the postmark is 23 December for those still waiting :anitongue:

Edited by Matrix

Hiya Terry

Mine came in a light grey coloured plastic envelope (bubble stuff inside) the envelope had a large white sticker covering the front, it says on the label from Groundspeak and that it is a travel bug inside, the postage cost and price of what the tag is worth ect.

I think you will clearly know which one is the Diabetes TB

Mandy :anitongue:

Mine arrived at last. It was obvious to my wife that it was not the item from ebay that she wasn't allowed to open.

It has to go to English Bazar in India. I was just googling the place when my second officer walked past and said, "why are you looking up the place where I was born?"

It's a small, small world :signalviolin:

It will be released into the wilds of County Durham in the next few weeks. ;)

MINE HAS ARRIVED

I AM CLAIMING A RECORD for the shortist distance to be travelled.

I am in Harrogate and the objective is to go to Newton Aycliffe (49 miles away !)

Anyone beat that !

There you are with your fancy foreign places.....

How about:

[... you think yours has a short journey?! Ours has to make the 10 mile trek from it's start location in Dunstable to Hemel Hempstead! :anitongue:;) ... we're thinking of sending it off with instructions that it can only travel in a westerly direction, that should make the journey a bit more interesting!

Oh no, I've just had a look at where ours has to go. The nearest cache is just over 400 miles away but it's a virtual, the next is just short of 500 miles away and is in a totally different country with terrain rating of 5. :D:o

I feel ours is doomed for failure however I'm sure it'll make lots of people aware of the cause on it's way anyway.:D:)

Oh no, I've just had a look at where ours has to go. The nearest cache is just over 400 miles away but it's a virtual, the next is just short of 500 miles away and is in a totally different country with terrain rating of 5. :D:o

I feel ours is doomed for failure however I'm sure it'll make lots of people aware of the cause on it's way anyway.:D:)

I know how you feel .. mine wants to go to equatorial Brazil and there are only 3 caches within a 1000 miles ... none of which have ever been found, and only one of which has ever been attempted ... life is a Beach as they say ... did anyone check for a suitable box before setting their missions .... I think not ...

Perhaps I can find a local cacher that wants to set a cache to receive it and then get everyone to go visit the place ... hmmm .... on current form we would need to wait for hell to freeze over ... guess I will just let it roam a lot [:D]

Got mine yesterday! Its off to Bismil, Turkey. No caches near that location but there are at least some in Turkey so thats a good start! Since the idea is to raise awareness of Diabetes then I don't care how long it will take, but I will still be watching with eager anticipation.

It will be freed at the weekend!