eXplorist 600 CD/Driver/GC Manager copy?

Team Mixster

Hey folks,

Been out of the game for a bit, but decided to bring the GPS up to MI for the holidays. Only to discover that I'd left the Magellan CD at home and I'll be darned if I can't find the software driver/geocache manager on Magellan's site. I have the eXplorist 600. Would it be possible for someone to zip/image the CD and email it my way? I can't imagine the contents are too big, I wouldn't need the manual PDF, just the install for the driver, and the geocache manager as this laptop doesn't have it and IIRC you can't use it w/ S&T w/o the driver... :laughing: I can snap a photo of the unit along w/ my post if anyone's concerned about piracy. I just can't believe I'm 300 miles from a piece of software that will stop me from using my GPS w/ laptop and the cache manager for hints... GRRRRR. Well, let me know if you can help. We leave from my folks (Lansing area - broadband) to DW's folks (Fairview area - dial-up) around 10AM tomorrow. I'll still take it either way... :D email is mixster.dragon@gmail.com

Thanks everyone, certainly appreciate it!

-Mike Mick

Quick update - totally forgot that gpsbabel had the capability to do the Geocaching transfer - and oddly enough the eXplorist was registered as a removable drive w/o a driver and I was able to transfer the .gs file over ok. The last little piece I need now is the driver file if someone would be so kind... Then I can happily begin my navigation tomorrow. Yeah! Thanks everyone!

-Mike from Team Mixster

You do not need a driver. Attach USB cable, then in your menu on the eXplorist, in Communications, choose the NMEA.

Then check to see what com port number it shows in your computer. Set the S&T to this com port number.

To find the com port number, check the properties of the "modem" your eXplorist is listed as. (Dig down from Control panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Modems, Properties.)

Good luck.

You do not need a driver. Attach USB cable, then in your menu on the eXplorist, in Communications, choose the NMEA.

Then check to see what com port number it shows in your computer. Set the S&T to this com port number.

To find the com port number, check the properties of the "modem" your eXplorist is listed as. (Dig down from Control panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Modems, Properties.)

Good luck.

Gave it a shot - however, w/o the driver installed it doesn't show as a modem at all... (ignore the PCI modem, it's built into the laptop and I've never installed the driver as I typically don't use a modem anymore). Anyone have the driver file(s) from the CD to update the device w/? Thanks!

-Mike

Full Image

i138625_cntlpanl.jpg

Edited by Team Mixster