Load GPX as geocaches to 60CSX?

robotman

I have a new 60csx (thanks santa!) and I'm trying to figure out how to get geocaches loaded on it. I use the POI loader, but the geocaches just load as "waypoints" and by their 6 digit name CGxxxx.

1) How do I load GPX files so they show up as "geocaches" on to the 60csx?

2) Is it possible to show the geocaches by their description and not the GCxxxx name?

3) How do I load different GPX files on to the 60csx so they show up as different categories? Where on the 60csx do I go to see the different categories?!

Feel free to point me to other links since I'm sure this has been talked about ad naseum. For some reason, I'm not getting it. I'm used to my Magellan SporTrak, so I'm on the bottom of the learning curve. :P

Thanks!

I have a new 60csx (thanks santa!) and I'm trying to figure out how to get geocaches loaded on it. I use the POI loader, but the geocaches just load as "waypoints" and by their 6 digit name CGxxxx.

1) How do I load GPX files so they show up as "geocaches" on to the 60csx?

2) Is it possible to show the geocaches by their description and not the GCxxxx name?

3) How do I load different GPX files on to the 60csx so they show up as different categories? Where on the 60csx do I go to see the different categories?!

Feel free to point me to other links since I'm sure this has been talked about ad naseum. For some reason, I'm not getting it. I'm used to my Magellan SporTrak, so I'm on the bottom of the learning curve. :laughing:

Thanks!

MapSource, which came with your GPS, can open GPX files. You can use it to load caches.

If you are asking how you get them to show up as Geocaches on the 60CSx and also use the geocaching utility on the unit, you have to load them all as the same icon. Most use the icon that looks like a closed treasure chest. If you go into the geocaching set up in your gpsr you can set which icon represents the found and unfound geocaches. This way when you choose to "goto" any waypoint with this icon, you will automatically get a found button at the bottom of the compass screen. Once you have found the cache and click the found button it will change the icon to the whatever you selected as your found icon and if you selected the option it will also set a calendar entry for the found geocache.

Hope this helps.

Joe

OK... I'm starting to get the hang of it. I have GSAK and I'm familiar with it.

The Garmin POI loader was most of my problem... it loads everything by it's "GCxxxx" name into the "waypoint" category. When I upload with GSAK, I can upload all cache types into the "Geocache" category but with only one icon OR I can choose loading into the "waypoint" based on type and can have multiple icons. Bummer you can't have multiple icons in the geocache area.

1. It seems to always over-write whatever category I'm uploading to. Is there a way to upload into a new category. For example, if I want multiple cities, can I upload to a specific city folder with GSAK?

Thanks!

I've been using GSAK to load geocaches on my 60CSx with no problems for years. Now all of a sudden, when I load them, they show up in the waypoint category instead of the geocache category. I have it set for the closed treasure chest icon, and have the gps set up this way in the geocache setup. Any idea what the problem may be?

Thanks,

Brent

I've been using GSAK to load geocaches on my 60CSx with no problems for years. Now all of a sudden, when I load them, they show up in the waypoint category instead of the geocache category. I have it set for the closed treasure chest icon, and have the gps set up this way in the geocache setup. Any idea what the problem may be?

Thanks,

Brent

Sounds like an issue for the forums on the GSAK website.